Theran Cedrax... I would pay to push him out the airlock

Calebmouse

I would pay the full price of the game if I can silence the C2-N2 for good. I am scared of going inside the ship these days :mad:

amen to that and when he succeeds at a mission says he failed omg i want to shove those power crystals down his android throat.

most annoying is that healer omg i hate it when i have pulled a group and he almost dies he's like jedi a little help here *** i'm killing the other 10 guys get a back bone and kill the one or get holiday to stun it for you. i would so pay the retail value again of this game to get rid of both of those companions and take darkside points any day to see them floating away as i chuckle menacingly

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would pay the full price of the game if I can silence the C2-N2 for good. I am scared of going inside the ship these days :mad:

I'm with this guy! I HATE that NPC lol. I don't want to hear about nectar or cushions. I want him to ****!

Theran annoyed me at the start but I hang out with the lizard most of the time anyway as I am spec'd as a healer. I duo with a shadow buddy who brings theran so we make a good team that way.

I hate that Theran's scans can turn you green but I hear they're fixing that. I ended up relogging several times cos it bugged me so much.

Please can we have an option to send C2 to his room so he doesn't say something puerile every time I enter my own ship!

Edited by Sireene
lang

I would like to pay the full price (mine is a collector's edition) to add the flush bottom for me to flush my companies out of the airlock if I need to.

Theran is so *********** annoying when I am playing the space battle and in the adventure, he act so coward. I would enjoy watching him pushed out into the space while I am playing my space mission.

As a healing Sage, I never have any need to use Theran, so am thankfully immune to his cowardice and weird dialogue.

I've been so used to Qyzen being able to hold his own against multiple mobs, switching to Zenith was a huge wake-up call. Can safely throw the dinosaur a force Shield and the occasional Hot 'n' Heal and he's good to go. I probably need to upgrade Zenith's gear a little, but he can't hold aggro and drops like a stone. My first excursion to the front door of the Hutt's palace in Quesh ended is a disastrous and messy death. But after having Qyzen as my only companion for 25+ levels, I was quite looking forward to a change...

I laughed so hard at this post. xD

I gave my Theran mutton-chops so that he can look ridiculous as he sits on my ship alone, with only his virtual companion as company. So sad, so very sad.

LOL I just wrapped mine in his "headgear". Looks like he's wearing a niqab now.

+100 I am with you there. Good this one is the most annoying of all.

You people complain about Theran but when you are Kinetic Shadow he is your bread and Holiday is your butter.

I can only use any of the other pets when I duel with a Sage healer in my guild. Then I use Nadia cause I have really only geared her and Theran.

Nadia is easy to gear she gets my old gear. But Theran I have used planet coms to gear.

Not sure if anyone has tried this. I am not sure I want to cause that driod is so dang annoying on the ship. I did use him once in my 20s to heal me.

I heard that the Driod is the best healer pet in the game if decked out with good parts. Has anyone tried this?

Edited by Rejectoo

I was joking with my guild that Theran was a little light in his loafters and completely useless...not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm hoping he's going to leave my ship soon and start his "Queer Eye for the Jedi" reality show.

All Trooper companions are amazing. Let's go down the line so I can make you regret your class decision, because there can never be enough Troopers.

Aric Jorgan:

First, he's like Lion-O or something. Second, he's voiced by Timothy Omundson. Third, he's the straight-laced guy from every buddy-cop movie who doesn't quite care that you're a loose cannon as long as you get results. Also, he has an enormous gun, a ton of sniper pals, and hates those SIS "spooks". Has a companion subquest that isn't complete garbage like "save my childhood friend".

Elara Dorne:

Your ex-Imperial waifu, as voiced by the eminently british Moira Quirk, also known as Mo from GUTS. She is all over your Aggrocrag. Great heals and she has a gun. If having a naughty nurse following you around for 32 levels isn't your thing, you can always just pull her out for cutscenes so she can stop all these important plot NPCs from bleeding out all over the place or fill you in on Imperial Secrets.

M1-4X:

You know who makes HK-47 look like a piece of trash? This guy. This dude is some kind of hyper-patriotic death bot on crab legs with flamethrowers and rocket launchers and blasters galore who does nothing but scream pro-Republic propaganda and murder Imperials. Are you Light Side? He loves everything you do, because you make the Republic look good. Are you Dark Side? He loves everything you do, because killing Imperials is his job and, damnit, Havoc Squad needs those credits to buy bigger guns to kill more Imperials. Are you Flirt Side? Dude just wants to holotape your prospective dates because they have appealing facial features and would make good propaganda. Bonus: he solos multiple Sith Dreadfaces or whatever, sometimes 15 at a time. Are you familiar with Liberty Prime? Forex is his person-sized model.

Tanno Vik:

If this were an action movie (and the Trooper storyline is), Tanno Vik is the large black man or the wiry Mexican with a bandolier of grenades, a flamethrower on his back, and a constantly-lit cigar hanging from the corner of his mouth. The guy plants C4 on dead bodies, steals everything that isn't bolted down (and some things that are), and will give you XP for insulting his underworld contacts over the holophone with him. Better yet? Telling him that he's a huge jerk and should shut up actually gains affection with him.

Yuun:

He is a bug wizard. Not an actual wizard, like some dude shooting fireballs or lightning, or even some Force-user levitating stuff with his mind, but he is at least freaking magical. He knows things, man. He can seeeeee. A lot of these "things" he sees happen to include how to best kill anything in your way with his enormous sword, because apparently he cross-classed into Flipping Ninja while he was at it.

Basically, be a Trooper.

Rolling one now, thanks.

I too totally agree with the op. I don't even think he's that good of a healer with me. While its quite possible I just suck, it seems to me that even in healing mode he waits far too long in fights to start healing and his damage, such as it is, never makes up for it. I'd rather quest with Zenith or the Gorn,. Blast him put the airlock, just leave Holiday behind.

• 2 months later...

Pity I can't romance the Trandosian ... he and I have so much in common. And, he doesn't constantly chatter AND he doesn't chase everything in a ... er ... skirt, holographic or otherwise.

I was SO disappointed when he joined up.... I ONLY use him on missions I have to use him on. Otherwise, he makes a fairly decent gatherer.

Theran has his moments but I wouldn't miss his personality one bit if he went flying out that airlock.

I could only pick one to say buy bye to Nadia is the one that has to go. Every time she does her whiny "I'll show you what I can do" I cringe. The girl has the most whiny, needy voice I have ever heard. And her personality is nothing but teenage insecurity and needing your approval.

I liked her a lot when her she had her father, because she did all the whine to him. Now... she seem to have replaced her father with me.. And that mess is a romance option?? Creepy.

I see stabby times coming for those who fell into that trap.

Thank cod for Zenith.

Edited by Senefera

Theran is my right hand. Yes he's pompous but he's all about the baller lifestyle. He's also a genius. Any genius I've met IRL has had some prominent personality quirks. Yin and Yang! He's my go-to companion if I can't get something done with Nadia.

As mentioned, Nadia is my favorite. I know what she's going through and I know she's young. i have the patience for that. Her damage output is great when she's in topped off gear. As a tank, I go in and she cleans up-fast.

I like Iresso's personality but I don't have a need for ranged companions as a Shadow. Both he and Zenith are gatherers.

Qyzen is like my old friend. We've been through a lot and had some great times running through Tython, Coruscant and Nar Shadaa. I'll give him the glory of battle again soon enough (after I get my white color crystal and can focus on sinking creds into him).

Edited by GlennWippenberg

Make in 2.1 a pureblood Consular, and use the racial, on a minute base :)

But seriously, my Trooper wanted to do the Airlock-thing to Tanno Vik too... or my Smuggler to Risha. Was happy, my Agents companions were perfect :)

Theran is an a-hat, but thats the point. he is suppose to be grating but horribly necesary. I would love the option to "Tumult" him during some conversations.

but thats the point.

Would you rather have a psychotic companion like Khem Val? or the evil fembot Opratives get?

I'm kind of deadened to his antics, considering that as a tank specced shadow, I more or less don't have a choice about bringing him most of the time (particularly in late game -- you know, where you get your slightly more interesting companions).

I do like how the guy who has no patience for 'Jedi nonsense' thought it would be a good idea to join up with the most by the book Jedi archetype ever though. I facepalm every time he -1s me when I use force persuade, or say anything about Jedi. Dude, I'm a Jedi. OF COURSE I AM GOING TO DO JEDI THINGS YOU ****.

Please, for the love of the Force, shut C2 N2 up. I avoid going to my ship at all costs just because I don't want to hear, or read his same sayings over and over. I don't want extra padding for my ship's seats, and don't want some stupid scent from Alderaan. I could care less that he is thankful to the Gods that he is not a combat robot. Just shut him up.

Even more ideal conclusion to that cutscene:

Holiday turns to me and says something like:

"Oh. My. Goodness. I have wanted to do that for 10 years. Thank the Maker for you! Anything you want is yours, honey. Did I mention I can heal?"

FTW! As a shadow tank stuck with him too for heals. I would definitely pay a microtransaction for a new healing companion at some point. Hopefully a fairly quiet one by comparison.

Edited by Cooltrip

The title says it all.

I would pay for DLC that would let me push Theran Dedrax out my airlock.

10 dollars US is where I would start. If I could replace him with a non-passive aggressive companion that did not irritatingly remind me he's a pacifist every third time I suggest he shoot an enemy, I would pay more.

I am a *Jedi*. Was there any question on Nar Shadaa when I met Theran that I live a life of violence surrounded by people intent on shooting me with their blasters?

I also do not want to hear "coming" in that exceedingly annoying tone every time he is re-summoned. It sounds like he was on the toilet and I interrupted him. Come on Theran, we're trying to stop the Empire from taking over the Galaxy, a little patience is definitely in order. Your tone is putting my off my Telekinetic Throw.

So, what I am asking for is a fully rendered cutscene where the last things I hear from Theran's mouth are "coming" and "did I mention I am a pacifist" as the vacuum warning klaxon sounds in the airlock. I grin, push the flashing red button and watch air, Holiday and that little punk fly into space where no one can hear him whine.

Those would be my only Darkside points and I would wear them with pride.

Lol im with you, man.

Though all the companions concept is broken, IMO.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.