This is annoying

MarkusAtticus

Do you think your underleveled? Possibly under geared?

Is your companion geared as well?

Are you taking on more than you can handle?

I arrived on Tatooine over leveled without having ground out any levels or doing space missions / Flashpoints you may require more time on the previous planet.

ive done every mission on other planets, and ive used all the gear for me and comp. Ive also done some flashpoints. Is there anywhere i can get some extra xp to level up?

There are a ton of quests on Tatooine (at least for Trooper). I think I went from 25 (maybe 26) to 30 just doing all the single-person quests plus bonuses...and a few datacrons. Go back and repeat some missions and take on the bonuses. There's much XP to be had and you can land a bunch of commendations for decent mods.

There are a ton of quests on Tatooine (at least for Trooper). I think I went from 25 (maybe 26) to 30 just doing all the single-person quests plus bonuses...and a few datacrons. Go back and repeat some missions and take on the bonuses. There's much XP to be had and you can land a bunch of commendations for decent mods.

what do the commendations do? i have lots of em but i dont know what they do

You can go to a specialty vendor and spend your commendations on good gear. The commendations are planet specific, so if you have Coruscant Commendations, you need to buy on Coruscant. The lower level planets will no longer hold interest for you, so use the commendations from your last location (Alderran I think you said).

Commendations are a great way to keep you and your companions' gear up to date. The game difficulty also does start to ramp up at this point as you reach the end of Chapter (Act) 1 of the story arc. You may also start taking a harder look at how you're spending your talent points in your skill tree to maximize your efficiency. There are a lot of factors to calculate, but don't let them overwhelm you. If you're having trouble still, then I encourage you to visit your class forums for hints and pointers from other players who are doing extremely well with that class.

Also, I'm impressed on the positive feedback and lack of flaming in this thread. Good job community.

My Vangaurd Trooper and I did fine on there, Balmorra and started on Quesh last night.

I am doing find in combat with my healer companion and myself.

This is the key. If the mobs are above your level and there are more than 2 ..you need to use a healer companion and also some CC. I went to Alderran at level 28 and did fine as a Jedi Shadow.

Sentinal is the medium armor squishy class, I'm a Marauder so i'm in the same boat as you. It now comes down to Companion choice as well as playstyle. I'm not going to lie to you but if you have a healing companion (which i'm assuming you do however i'm not sure if you get yours in the same order that Marauders do) now is the time to be using it if your not life is going to be very difficult

Another option for you is to spec into your burn tree (Watchmen) This is going to help with some survivability because of the heal associated with Burns. (same as Annihilation spec for Marauders)

Hope this helps (If you don't have a healing companion life will get much easier when you do get him).

Edited by Angellus

There are commendation vendors for all the plantes at the fleet (or whatever republic side has as their "Hub"). No need to go to each specific planet.

If you've never used a commendation before, I'd say there's a pretty good chacne you are severely undergeared for your level.

Edited by MrLeeNOR

Sentinel's and Marauders just have it harder when it comes to fighting mobs at the same level range. Gear is very important for stat bonuses such as endurance/Str and armor. Those 3 things will keep us alive more than anything for the encounters that require little to no effort from other classes.

We have virtually no heals aside from our Bleed/Burn dot heals and our healing companion and we wear Medium armor with no shields or defensive bonuses aside from Shi-CHo 3% mitigation from damage (which your likely not going to be using if your in the watchmen spec).

if you can manage to stay geared and 1-2 levels ahead of your enemies you should be fine. I'm at 48 right now i've used my healer since i got him around level 20 something and doesn't look like i'll stop when it comes to solo content.

I have pretty decent gear now so fighting mobs at my level isn't as much an issue as it was in the past.

sucks to be Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior DPS class right now but its manageable and it does get better with time.

Are you wearing gear with mods on it? If so, and you didn't know what commendations were for, you may have low level mods on your gear.

Check your armor and weapons (specifically the armoring mods), and make sure you have the latest and greatest.

I'm not going to lie to you but if you have a healing companion (which i'm assuming you do however i'm not sure if you get yours in the same order that Marauders do) now is the time to be using it if your not life is going to be very difficult.

Unfortunately, Sentinels get their healer on the planet after this. This can make things harder, but at least it's not too far off now.

If he's doing quests he's likely replacing gear as fast as he gets it, mods and orange gear might not be as important as it can be later in the game. (i'm of course assuming he is in fact updating gear with quest rewards or purchases from galactic trade).

I didn't start modding till after 35ish but thats just me..

If he's doing quests he's likely replacing gear as fast as he gets it, mods and orange gear might not be as important as it can be later in the game. (i'm of course assuming he is in fact updating gear with quest rewards or purchases from galactic trade).

I didn't start modding till after 35ish but thats just me..

I got the orange shirt from the first planet, and kept upgrading the mods as I went from planet to planet. It was WAY better than any quest reward, by 10 fold. Picked up the orange pants from the Balmorra bonus, and those were way better than any quest reward or drop as well.

The downside to that was nothing that dropped was any better than my current gear. Even purple drops were about the same as what I had on.

Edited by Stevoli

Haven't played Sentinel, but what spec are you playing? some companions play to the weaknesses better than others.Also, you may try the light side vendor to round out your orange set and find a buddy or several to help outfit you with good mods. This can keep you gear much, much better than what you're getting as class rewards. if you're still having problems, go back to an earlier planet and do some heroics. good xp, credits, and though gear will be useless if you followed my above advice, belts and armbands may need upgrading, not to mention implants. relics will increase stam, increasing survivability, and if all else fails, ask someone for help. You'll be surprised how many helpful people are out there, minding there own business until someone calls for aid :cool:

what do the commendations do? i have lots of em but i dont know what they do

You've been inadvertently depriving yourself of high-level gear by not spending those commendations. Every planet has vendors, one for mods and the other for equipment. Go back to Tatooine and check out the vendors at Anchorhead.