350k players during peak hours...combine servers.

Spetsnazos

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're telling me is to put up with my dead server with no one to play with and hope that it might grow some day? Ya, that sounds like a terrible idea.

And yet you want the game company to hold your hand for you too with a premature server merge?

My gods the entitled crowd is strong these days- at least in voice, not capability to evolution and problem solving.

Imp fleet has 297 now.

There is always a 1-2 hour wait at peak times, down from 5-6 a few weeks ago. (the spanish are leaving yay!)

Never a long wait for a warzone and plenty of people looking for instances.

I do play on the Tomb though..

I would LOVE to move my entire guild off the server and into a light load.

It would have to be free though as we were placed on the server with our allies and nemesis. If they offer free transfer we will all move to a light load server.

Bioware are the artists of their own poo up.

• 3 weeks later...
They made far too many new servers. Im on one of those. there is usually 20x lvl 50 players online on primetime. and about 300 total on republic side. please start server merges :( Edited by Keppada
typo

I wish you people would stop posting about how populated your server is.

That's great for your server. You say it like it contradicts the fact there are underpopulated servers.

I just wish they'd merge some of the underpopulated servers--so we could be on populated servers too. They were probably a little over-optimistic.

I wish you people would stop posting about how populated your server is.

That's great for your server. You say it like it contradicts the fact there are underpopulated servers.

I just wish they'd merge some of the underpopulated servers--so we could be on populated servers too. They were probably a little over-optimistic.

There are underpopulated servers in WoW as well. Some people prefer busy, hustling servers and others prefer quieter servers. Different strokes ...

Over at Kellian Jaro, EU-PVE, fleet (Empire) usually has between 60 and 80 users at peak time and during weekends.

Ilum has between 10 and 20 players at peak.

I´ve started several alts on the server and haven´t found a single planet with multiple instances besides Koriban and DK with 2 instances each.

The game just feels empty, groups for flashpoints and heroic´s are a pain to get even as a healer. :(

define packed?

I've never seen more than 95 people in the Republic Fleet at peak hours. I play on a server that is always full with a queue, Iron Citadel.

Usually the fleet has about 20 people in the evenings and averages to about ~50 throughout the day.

I dont bother looking for people in other planets because usually its below 20.

Same, Girrada the hutt.

Haven't done a flashpoint/group heroic in over 5 weeks. I rolled a god daaammmn tank :mad: There just isn't enough people. Even my guild is dead, at most 3-5 people online.

Edited by Lyability

• 2 months later...

Just un-subbed. Even on weekends there are only a few hours where there are enough empire 50's on to play hutball. There are almost never any wz's against the republic. I gave up I was getting to Battlemaster with valor but then even peak hours after work there were no longer enough people on to pop a wz queue.

People get to 50 last 2 weeks and quit. I feel like I've beaten the game and to max out my gear I"d have to wz or raid and there just aren't enough people on the server any more to do that. So for me I'll just sit and wait 6 months un-subbed for a server merge and if the game doesn't merge before then all the people like me will play Tera, or GW2.

I played wow vanilla, and the rest through cat, I'm sick of wow, I liked the change of SWTOR but, even Rift which I don't play because its too much like wow, had a better launch than this.

I'm playing GW1 now just casually and I"m enjoying it more than my SWTOR endgame of driving around Illum collecting armaments hoping to get a wz queue. Epic Fail on pvp.

Its time to combine servers. With 350,000 active players during peak hours, over 215 servers, that is about 1400 players per server during PEAK hours. That is far too low and its no wonder the game feels empty.

Its time to combine servers.

Heres a link as proof of 350,000 active players during peak hours.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/719569/star-wars-the-old-republic-350000-peak-concurrent-users-indicates-a-healthy-mmo-market/

Actually if you read the article, he talks about how that many CONCURRENT people logged in is a sign of a healthy population. Not sure if its just your server, but Anchorhead has plenty of people on during "peak" hours.

Just un-subbed. Even on weekends there are only a few hours where there are enough empire 50's on to play hutball. There are almost never any wz's against the republic. I gave up I was getting to Battlemaster with valor but then even peak hours after work there were no longer enough people on to pop a wz queue.

People get to 50 last 2 weeks and quit. I feel like I've beaten the game and to max out my gear I"d have to wz or raid and there just aren't enough people on the server any more to do that. So for me I'll just sit and wait 6 months un-subbed for a server merge and if the game doesn't merge before then all the people like me will play Tera, or GW2.

I played wow vanilla, and the rest through cat, I'm sick of wow, I liked the change of SWTOR but, even Rift which I don't play because its too much like wow, had a better launch than this.

I'm playing GW1 now just casually and I"m enjoying it more than my SWTOR endgame of driving around Illum collecting armaments hoping to get a wz queue. Epic Fail on pvp.

This thread is two months old. Why did you bump it?

Oh I see, you bumped it so you can hide an I quit post.

Hey everyone!

This thread has been quite inactive and since then, more active and current threads have either come up or continued discussing the issue of populations, server transfers and merges. Because of that, we are closing this thread and ask that the following threads be used instead:

Thank you!