• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

SWTOR is growing faster than ever.

Proof?

Patience, dear friends, is a virtue.

You all love comparing this game to WoW so much... Why don't you go to a private server that hosts launch WoW. Look at the items. Especially raid armor.

Then come back here and compare. It will be hilarious.

This game was released in 2011. It's competing against 2011 MMOs, not WoW from 7 years ago.

Edited by oursacrifice

Why don't you go to a private server that hosts launch WoW. Look at the items. Especially raid armor.

You mean it's hilarious that a company can't learn from stuff seven years in the past, right? Right?

I love the game but itemisation makes no sense, it shows all the signs of a first attempt at an MMO.

Edited by PJEBarlow

Did anybody already posted the "kthxbuy can I have your stuff?" If not, I call dibs!

Also OP, nobody, and I mean NOBODY cares about you, people do not share your point of view nor know you enough to care, so if you believe this game is poorly designed, go back to whatever gem of a game you judge to be perfect and stop spamming the forum with the 50th thread of this kind.

Proof?

This game was released in 2011. It's competing against 2011 MMOs, not WoW from 7 years ago.

And? Don't compare this game to WoW at all then. If you honestly expect new MMO's to come out with the same amount of perfection, the same amount of content and features as an MMO that has been out for nearly a decade that has almost four expansions now... Well... You are insane. Said game would never. Ever be released. It would be in development FOREVER.

WoW didn't have all the raids and crap Everquest did? And WoW only improved over EQ's formula slightly when it first launched. It improved... You guessed it! Over time. Like any good MMO.

Edit: See above.

You mean it's hilarious that a company can't learn from stuff seven years in the past, right? Right?

I love the game but itemisation makes no sense, it shows all the signs of a first attempt at an MMO.

Edited by Vaegaknight

Didn't read.

See you later.

For every one whiner that quits the game, 10 normal people sub to this game ;).

Please could you show me where this information is posted?

Because last time i checked, the game had dropped down in the sales charts.

The itemization and overall gearing in this game is so stupid, it makes no sense.

Champion bags gives you centurion commendations and a chance to get a champion item, by the time you hit valor 60 and can buy battlemaster bag, you will for sure be full champion geared and centurion commendations becomes completely useless.

Same goes for PvE, flashpoints drops rating 126/128 gear but last boss who drops Columi token (136), seeing as champion gear > tionese, your tionese crystals and commendations that you get through normal mode ops and hard mode flashpoints are useless.

Crew skills is a joke, there are only three crew skills worth having: Biochem, Synthweaving and Armormech.

Synthweaving because of their rating 140 bracers/belt and biochem because of endless potion buff, stims and sick implants.

On top of that, operations are a joke. Pre distributed loot? What the? Whoever came up with this system shouldn't have his job on Monday.

And nothing of value was lost.

Patience, dear friends, is a virtue.

You all love comparing this game to WoW so much... Why don't you go to a private server that hosts launch WoW. Look at the items. Especially raid armor.

So you mean Bioware did not look at the most successful game on the market to learn from its 7 years of experience?

You can't compare TOR to 7 year old wow... back then the mmo market was very much different and wow was still better than all the other games on the market.

You need to compare TOR to today's games... not just WoW!

I don't mean Bioware should just copy wow (the did to much of that already and sometimes not good sorry) but they should have learned from them and other games more.

Still... I'm not leaving because I have fun =)

That does not stop me from seeing TOR's flaws and shortcommings.

Didn't read.

See you later.

For every one whiner that quits the game, 10 normal people sub to this game ;).

Yep, I've got about 9 people so far to start playing and they LOVE it, and even they laugh at the wow kiddies.

So you mean Bioware did not look at the most successful game on the market to learn from its 7 years of experience?

You can't compare TOR to 7 year old wow... back then the mmo market was very much different and wow was still better than all the other games on the market.

You need to compare TOR to today's games... not just WoW!

I don't mean Bioware should just copy wow (the did to much of that already and sometimes not good sorry) but they should have learned from them and other games more.

Still... I'm not leaving because I have fun =)

That does not stop me from seeing TOR's flaws and shortcommings.

They did learn. This game at launch is light years ahead of WoW at launch. That is good enough for me.

I only compare ToR to WoW because everyone else does. Why not?

Should I compare it to Skyrim? Easily the most bugged game released this(last) year?

Edited by Vaegaknight

The itemization and overall gearing in this game is so stupid, it makes no sense.

Champion bags gives you centurion commendations and a chance to get a champion item, by the time you hit valor 60 and can buy battlemaster bag, you will for sure be full champion geared and centurion commendations becomes completely useless.

Same goes for PvE, flashpoints drops rating 126/128 gear but last boss who drops Columi token (136), seeing as champion gear > tionese, your tionese crystals and commendations that you get through normal mode ops and hard mode flashpoints are useless.

Crew skills is a joke, there are only three crew skills worth having: Biochem, Synthweaving and Armormech.

Synthweaving because of their rating 140 bracers/belt and biochem because of endless potion buff, stims and sick implants.

On top of that, operations are a joke. Pre distributed loot? What the? Whoever came up with this system shouldn't have his job on Monday.

What server are you on?

Can I have your stuff?

yeah they just added 15 new server and they are filling up from new people coming.

well people can say this game sucks whatever you want that just your OP.

I will not go back to blizzard during MoP may their next expansion but def not MoP

They did learn. This game at launch is light years ahead of WoW at launch. That is good enough for me.

I only compare ToR to WoW because everyone else does. Why not?

Should I compare it to Skyrim? Easily the most bugged game released this year?

I did not complain that you compared it to wow.... it is the game one has to compare it to imho.

But even if the launch is better...and I think so too... it does not matter!

Back then 2.000.000 Subscribers to a western mmo was a dream of developers. WoW opened up the market to 3-4 Mill. just in North America and a bit less in of that again in Europe.

Most don't remember the launch of WoW... they remember a game that redefined the market and in parts the genre and is running very well after 7 years.

They have friends, community, guilds that they are a part of and there is still stuff to do in wow for them.

So why should they switch to TOR? Because it had a better launch? They don't care....

For me I see a future in this game... but I don't see it become a great success because players are not known for giving 2nd chances to a game.

You can't launch a half finished game any more and fix stuff later... most of the market will not give you a 2nd look.

The reason I am concerned about this is EA track record with mmos... they cancel them quit quickly and I like my TOR =(

I love the arrogant nature of the posters proclaiming, SWTOR is dead. People who have zero access to subscription numbers, customer growth, profit margins, or any hard data at all. And yet these people stand up and shout, "SWTOR is dead!" as if what they were saying wasn't total contrived bull@$*%.

Your stupidity is astonishing.

Edited by MichellMich

I'm sorry, I'm finding it difficult to take you seriously after reading that idiotic thread title.

I'm going to share the sentiment of everyone who effectively said "Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out"

I never understood the purpose of posts where people say "I'm quitting this game!" seriously like you were the one person holding the community together and that people would throw themselves at your feet in admiration and regret that they pushed you away.

Seriously.... grow up.....