[Huge economy exploit surfaces] - what will be BIOWARE's next move?

Chompski

2. Secondly, but more importantly, how do you intend to combat those tricky types who used evasive maneuvres of washing off those illegal credits ( using throwaway accounts, GTN transactions, in-game mail etc)?[/b]

Ever hear of server side log files, you know, where all transactions and movement of gear and credits are recorded????????

As for actions against exploiters.... Bioware has already demonstrated that they act early and act appropriately (including perma bans) as warranted by the infraction. Have some faith in Bioware OK? ;) Or are you just trolling for drama? :rolleyes:

And, personally, I object to the pompous nature of the wording in your post, but maybe that's just me. :)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spoken with at least eight people who have admitted to participating in this exploit. They are all still playing. No bans/suspensions. None of the credits they earned through these exploits were taken from them YET.

Fixed that for you. ;)

They need to review the log files, double check that they have the culprits, then initiate credit removals and bannings/warnings.

We might see our first mass banning/suspensions in the game coming. Whack em all at once after you have them all piled up in one neat little pile.

Edited by Andryah

I have spoken with at least eight people who have admitted to participating in this exploit. They are all still playing. No bans/suspensions. None of the credits they earned through these exploits were taken from them.

does not mean it won't happen, first fix exploint, second investigate exploiters, 3rd ban them. BW may only be on step 2 at the moment.

So what I am getting from this thread is that I should have sold that purple schematic for a tad more than 2000 credits? :D

This is the real damage. Hyper inflation. This is how everyone will think, and it will have nothing to do with exploiting. It's simply I can get $(100)x now instead of $x. People have the money and can buy it because it doesn't matter, which in turn you spend on other items, and everyone in game who buys & sells items are affected.

But really, there's no sense ************. The damage is done. Either it's on the character and its been wiped, or it's been laundered and there's nothing you can od about it.

I demand a response from bioware on this issue also. are the people that used the exploit going to get banned or have their credits removed? do you even know, do you even have the ability to track who it was? I *********** hope so!

how about you, and everyone else like you, read the news and devblogs, and forums and sneak peeks before coming here with your nonsense?

coz it has all already been explained officially by bioware when they made the post about those who got banned or permabanned for exploiting containers in ilum and corellia

Fix this immediately BW.

Forget about debating if or if not those who abused it, they should be banned or forced to pay retribution, give them negative credits or a debt to pay!.

Another interesting idea: FIRE/DISMISS the person who overlooked this exploit, why is something so important like this overlooked before the game was released.

or we have proof that people believe everything they read on the internet???

No.

I have seen screen shots of one person who made 3.2 billion credits from this exploit. I was also shown the warning email he got from Bioware, but no action was taken against his account, including the removal of credits.

No I won't say who it was.

how about you, and everyone else like you, read the news and devblogs, and forums and sneak peeks before coming here with your nonsense?

coz it has all already been explained officially by bioware when they made the post about those who got banned or permabanned for exploiting containers in ilum and corellia

This is a different issue than Ilum

wow like it is hard to earn money in this game.

already got like 4 million credits by just doing dailys in pve and pvp, running warzones and flashpoints at level 50.

people that exploited are really dump since they risk there accounts for something that is completly useless (nothing to do with all the cash) once oyu hit endgame.

Edited by Sheneria

does not mean it won't happen, first fix exploint, second investigate exploiters, 3rd ban them. BW may only be on step 2 at the moment.

But do you really think BW will REALLY perma-ban - I don't think so. Why? The game is still very early, BW can't afford to lose subs. As it is, this game is enough in the toilet with lots of ppl threatening to leave for any myriad of valid reasons that can be found on this forum. I think at most they will give them a small slap on the wrist and allow them to continue to play. They're in the business to make money not lose it and if they perma-ban those guys + the other pissed off ppl who are ready to go = how many ppl will be left + how much revenue will be lost in Q1? If BW sees that they are not making money (although one doesn't make money really in the first 3 years of a new venture) or that the game is losing too much of its base, more cutting corners may occur.

The first patch broke the slicing skill.

The second patch broke exploits.

The third patch broke more exploits.

Eight hours every time, at least, to resolve... NOTHING of the game itself. I don't care about exploits. I care about trying to play and if i can't harvest anything and Bioware is more troubled about the exploits... we've a problem. How many players are affected by the exploits? And how many about the lots of bugs?

More work for the players please.

I care about exploits. =D

Monetary exploits can destroy economies.

I have around 2 mill right now i would have no reason to cheat the system and i don't think its that hard to make money in the game and unless you can provide proof of the claim this is nothing but a sad troll attempt

LMGTFY - straight from Taultunleashed

Just wanted to let everyone know we have the worlds first star wars the old republic credit dupe. Its done with vendors and extremely easy to replicate. Players right now are averaging 1,000,000 (one million) credits every 4 minutes doing this. So you are going to make around 360 million if you do this on an easy to set up macro. This dupe is expected to be nerfed right away so be sure to start duping, send your credits to a bunch of alt accounts, and then reap in the awesomeness of a ton of in game credits.

LOGIC

Fix this immediately BW.

Forget about debating if or if not those who abused it, they should be banned or forced to pay retribution, give them negative credits or a debt to pay!.

Another interesting idea: FIRE/DISMISS the person who overlooked this exploit, why is something so important like this overlooked before the game was released.

You can't for the simple reason that a game of this size, or any program really, has MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of lines of code. There are unforseen issues that can occur when two actions occur simultaneously that weren't intended. So not everything can be taken into account. But you do have a valid point as well seeing that most code written today is "chopped" and corners are cut so badly because of pressure to get the job done. Can't blame the coders/programmers but rather the C-Level monkeys at BW that place pressure on the ones creating the code. Most of these C-Level people have no clue about technology and just look at financials. Sad but true....

LMGTFY - straight from Taultunleashed

Just wanted to let everyone know we have the worlds first star wars the old republic credit dupe. Its done with vendors and extremely easy to replicate. Players right now are averaging 1,000,000 (one million) credits every 4 minutes doing this. So you are going to make around 360 million if you do this on an easy to set up macro. This dupe is expected to be nerfed right away so be sure to start duping, send your credits to a bunch of alt accounts, and then reap in the awesomeness of a ton of in game credits.

LOGIC

Man thats weak. Jeez.

already got like 4 million credits by just doing dailys in pve and pvp, running warzones and flashpoints at level 50.

people that exploited are really dump since they risk there accounts for something that is completly useless (nothing to do with all the cash) once oyu hit endgame.

no you haven't. because i've been doing all that since head-start and have barely 2mil

We're not talking about 4 million. We're talking about the REAL possibility of individuals having ammased FOUR BILLION credits during this exploits life. That is a real detriment to any server.

The reason that bioware will not suspend/ban is that right now they are in PANIC MODE. Based on valid gameplay concerns (ability lag), and now this exploit, there is a REAL risk of bleeding 35% of subs within 90 days of game launch.

Looks like the 1% ruined it for the 99% yet again. This sounds eerily reminiscent of another economy...yet I can't quite put my finger on it.

Hmm?

People play mmo's for the realism and then complain when it acts like the real world.

yes but someone that has all the money an exploiter might have can just keep raising the prices until he feels it is not worth it anymore, once whatever product he is selling doesn't work anymore you just move on to the next one. IT is simply an unfair advantage unless you do it the legit way without using exploited credits.

Market trading is fun especially when it is a completely player driven economy as their is always supply and demand for something to make money on, the trick is picking the right items and knowing when to move on to another.

He will have initial advantage for sure.. but in the long run.. not really.. Unless he knows another exploit right now that can constantly make money for him and BW isn't fixing it ever.

Keep in mind he has to buy the market to inflate the price.. Given the way SWTOR crafting works (you can just run crew missions with all your alts.. and crew skill has no level req).. If you see someone that's trying to do that, it's very easy to flood the market with that material and expect him to buy them all out...

Please stop repeating "credits is easy to get in this game"-nonsense,

it isn't about that, it's about fair play. Is it really so hard to understand?

How is it not fair? Everyone could do it just because you lack the knowledge and balls to do so, does not make it unfair.

is it unfair that your not a high paid doctor because you lack the knowledge to be one????

Edited by DjDigiD