Sith Assassin? Weakest PVP Class?

aranha

He's probably thinking of before we all started getting champ gear on. I'd jump on my sin every so often when needing a break from leveling my jugg and was getting 4k crit Mauls, but, everyone was lowbies including myself at that point.

Im talking base damage of the skill.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why the 4 set bonus on the pvp set(s) has another charge on recklessness

So I gotta use a cd to do steady dps, aight. Since I wouldn't call 700 Maul hit and 3500 crit steady. The set bonus you are talking about I got and does not fix anything. In fact you often gotta save it for the 30m range Force lightning for when you can't do anything else because you are knocked down from above/gotta interrupt base capping etc etc.

So I gotta use a cd to do steady dps, aight. Since I wouldn't call 700 Maul hit and 3500 crit steady. The set bonus you are talking about I got and does not fix anything. In fact you often gotta save it for the 30m range Force lightning for when you can't do anything else because you are knocked down from above/gotta interrupt base capping etc etc.

Never said you had to use a cooldown to do steady dps, but the cooldown is a garantueed high burst. people whining about assassins dps clearly have no clue on how to play it, just because maul spamm stops working doesnt mean we're bad

And he was saying he's seen sins take half a persons health away in two hits, which only happens against lowbies. It's base damage is closer to 2k than 1k.

lol dude the damage the skill states! Base damage! ;D

Well I play a Vanguard, so Assassins are actually what I would most want to be up against. I'm level 40 right now, but I think ever since the mid 20's or so, Assassins have been 0 problem in 1v1 situations (barring a geared 50).

If I actually use all of my cooldowns, and maybe a relic/stim, I rarely drop below 75% health. If I don't use any cooldowns with the exception of Cryo Grenade or High Impact Bolt, then I'll usually end up around 50% health when I win.

Not sure if I've been pitted against poor Assassins or what, but I've even let them use their openers on me without breaking the CC, and the results aren't much different. Best bet is to probably just stay away from very tanky things, as people have been suggesting.

I am a level 36 currently and have no problem DPSing in PvP. I am Speced Infiltrator (Rogue Spec) and usually top the damage charts. You simply dont attack people you cant take on i.e. tanks. When you see a tank done try to 1v1 them. Use your stuns, taunts, cc's properly and your opponent won't be able to move while you run and hit him for half his health in 2 hits. I also suggest using force breach(don't know what the equivalent is on Imps) but when it proc's you do massive damage. You simply need to experiment and find out which abilities proc each other to do the most damage possible.

Also as a shadow/assassin try to help your teammates by stunning their opponents and hop on them with them, you might not get the kill but you are helping more than you think.

Never said you had to use a cooldown to do steady dps, but the cooldown is a garantueed high burst. people whining about assassins dps clearly have no clue on how to play it, just because maul spamm stops working doesnt mean we're bad

If you read my first post above, you would know that I am not only talking about Maul spam. In fact the case of Shock and Discharge is even worse because they get 50% crit dmg bonus and not 30% dmg bonus from talent as Maul.

I can not prove if I can play or not. But lets assume I can play very good compared to the average(which is true imo). When I see I burst down someone in 5 seconds because everything crits and it looks like 2.5k Discharge, 2xVoltaic Slash 3600k, lucky(fast) opportunity to land a 3.5k Maul crit, then a 2.8k Shock if not yet dead.

From these numbers assassin looks great as hell IF this was not the 20% of the time when this happens.

Because usually, at 25% crit chance this won't happen for clear reasons. What happens is you see 700 Maul hits and a very crappy dmg overall compared to like operative 5k spam which they can do steadily since they have critical -chance- talent and not critical dmg bonus talent.

EDIT: not that I ain't saying assassin is bad, just it is way too crit dependant and needs to be reworked especially when you have a stat like "Critical multiplier" you can not let a class to be crit dependant even without the multiplier. Really fail design imo from this POV.

Edited by Prodexx

If you read my first post above, you would know that I am not only talking about Maul spam. In fact the case of Shock and Discharge is even worse because they get 50% crit dmg bonus and not 30% dmg bonus from talent as Maul.

I can not prove if I can play or not. But lets assume I can play very good compared to the average(which is true imo). When I see I burst down someone in 5 seconds because everything crits and it looks like 2.5k Discharge, 2xVoltaic Slash 3600k, lucky(fast) opportunity to land a 3.5k Maul crit, then a 2.8k Shock if not yet dead.

From these numbers assassin looks great as hell IF this was not the 20% of the time when this happens.

Because usually, at 25% crit chance this won't happen for clear reasons. What happens is you see 700 Maul hits and a very crappy dmg overall compared to like operative 5k spam which they can do steadily since they have critical -chance- talent and not critical dmg bonus talent.

EDIT: not that I ain't saying assassin is bad, just it is way too crit dependant and needs to be reworked especially when you have a stat like "Critical multiplier" you can not let a class to be crit dependant even without the multiplier. Really fail design imo from this POV.

I tend to not use maul myself (due the reason that if it's a none crit it wont hit for much) unless i got my surge stim up and recklessness (then i know it's probably a 5k+ garantueed crit) Stun from stealth (if it's up), x2 voltaic slash , shock , discharge then start on the voltaic again usually leaves your target around less than 30% and for that you got assassinate at the cost of only 25 focus.

I think the class needs some tweaking based on the stance you use, but weakest pvp class? not at all.

To be honest, the term weakest pvp class applies to anyone who doesn't fully understand their class and use it to IT's advantages, that player then makes their class weak.

Playing as tank Assassin = weaksauce damage output, playing as dps = underwhelming damage class compared to operative but just as squishy.

I'm lvl 50 Assassin lvl 46 Valor, still playing it though because they are good at huttball, and huttball is what I play 80% of the time.

I think the class needs some tweaking based on the stance you use, but weakest pvp class? not at all.

To be honest, the term weakest pvp class applies to anyone who doesn't fully understand their class and use it to IT's advantages, that player then makes their class weak.

So you are assuming perfect class balance? Of course there is a weakest and strongest class there always is in these games. I'm not talking about in a premade environment either, but just a class that has too many strengths and too few weakness'

Edited by Manigma

1v1 the assasin is godmode. Never had any problems taking someone out 1v1 (with the exception of geared 50s) Make it 3v3 or maybe 2v2 and you are just as hopeless as kitten on top of the empire state building wanting to come down. Once you are peeled off there is almost nothing you can do as you have almost only abilities that work within 10m range. Also you are not good at avoiding cc's so you are vulnerable to that aswell. Then again you are squishy so have 2 of them team up on you and you are dead before you can crit over 9000.

Playing as tank Assassin = weaksauce damage output, playing as dps = underwhelming damage class compared to operative but just as squishy.

I'm lvl 50 Assassin lvl 46 Valor, still playing it though because they are good at huttball, and huttball is what I play 80% of the time.

So you are assuming perfect class balance? Of course there is a weakest and strongest class there always is in these games. I'm not talking about in a premade environment either, but just a class that has too many strengths and too few weakness'

Completely agree. One of the major factors to this is no auto attack for melee, and the insane force pool drain.

In DPS spec we don't just get out damaged by ops/scounds thats a given by the amount they are overpowered, but we get out damaged by every ranged class too. Every ranged DPS ive seen and even a few healer specced ranged classes can ON DEMAND push out 1.5k, 1.5k, 4k, 3k, 3k on EVERY PERSON

Honestly by playing a sith assassin myself and reading the Assassin forums it seems that the Assassins are quite weak in PVP. Very weak in 1v1 combat and frequently need to pick their targets due to them not being able to take alot of classes down.

Been reading the pvp forums aswell and people barely seem to mention them.

So the question is:

In PVP do you ever have any problems or fear the Sith Assasin in a 1v1 situation?

Discuss! :)

Use more than backstab and you will win. Also pick your battles. really.

I have problems with my Assassin 1v1 all the time. I'm pretty disappointed with the class so I re-rolled an Operative. And yes my sin is lvl 50 and I'm Champion rank so I've played enough of it with all 3 specs to know it's lacking vs. other classes.

Champion lvl50 shadow here. We are decent in 1v1. But anything more than 2 or facing a tank class, we are absolute garbage. Our dps just dont cut it and survivability is low.

Seeing how world pvp is dead and warzone is all about group fights, playing a shadow is very disappointing.

Assassin/Shadow is probably the top melee DPS class, actually. Don't read forums to get an impression of your class. Most of the people that go there go there to complain that they died. Like some of the other melee classes, the trick is that it's *slightly* more difficult to play. The stealth mechanic requires you to think things out a little more at times. Edited by AstralProjection

WRONG, clairvoyent strike + your ranged abilities equal win. I solod a guy last night with 3k 3k 3k 2k 1k crits in a row.

a lucky roll. And you think shadow is good? And you dont deal these damage against a geared lvl50.

think again pro.