Scoundrels/Ops.

Poisonedwell

Scoundrels (Ops) do way too much damage. Crits that can hit for 6k on non-tanks, heals, stealth, and a **** load of interrupts. Is the SWTOR director a scoundrel or some ****? jkjkjk but srsly... for serious.

"They're rogues!!! It's called burst n00b!!" Please. Spare me.

"They suck until 40s" I'm talking end game, I don't give a **** about early and neither should you.

Kind of sick of watching myself die while being stun locked to death. Yes I spam my "get outta stun free card" when I can, but that obviously doesn't cut it. Feels like vanilla WoW stun rogues, except you die in a few seconds because of the ever so common 4-5k crits.

Too much control. Too much damage. Too fast.

Thank you.

Bring the flame snitches. :jawa_angel: I'm interested in yer thoughts.

P.S. My first ever class OP thread (be honored)!!! Yaaay!! Grats to me!

Scoundrels (Ops) do way too much damage. Crits that can hit for 6k on non-tanks, heals, stealth, and a **** load of interrupts. Is the SWTOR director a scoundrel or some ****? jkjkjk but srsly... for serious.

"They're rogues!!! It's called burst n00b!!" Please. Spare me.

"They suck until 40s" I'm talking end game, I don't give a **** about early and neither should you.

Kind of sick of watching myself die while being stun locked to death. Yes I spam my "get outta stun free card" when I can, but that obviously doesn't cut it. Feels like vanilla WoW stun rogues, except you die in a few seconds because of the ever so common 4-5k crits.

Too much control. Too much damage. Too fast.

Thank you.

Bring the flame snitches. :jawa_angel: I'm interested in yer thoughts.

P.S. My first ever class OP thread (be honored)!!! Yaaay!! Grats to me!

Ops are OP. Scoundrels are just misunderstood.

/thread

Scoundrels/Ops have 3 abilities which can be used as interrupts. The shortest cd is 12 seconds.

The damage is fine, unless you're a class in light armor. If you are wearing light armor I'm guessing you're a sith inquisitor or jedi consular in which case... Deal with it.

The class is fine, They can pop squishy lowbies, thats it

No. i'm a level 50 Sorc in full champion gear. Have 547 expertise. They can take me down in about 5 - 8 seconds. They only thing i can pray for is that they don't restun me when I try to force speed away.

No. i'm a level 50 Sorc in full champion gear. Have 547 expertise. They can take me down in about 5 - 8 seconds. They only thing i can pray for is that they don't restun me when I try to force speed away.

This is intended. You are a high-damage, high-priority target with light armor. If they CANT beat you 1v1 something is wrong, because nobody else can either. Also, the knockdown opener fills your resolve bar completely, so stunning you would have no effect anyway.

If you cant do anything to stop them in a 5-8 second window thats your fault not the class being op

Oh, I see you have me knocked down, that's ok.. -pop trinket after taking 2 crits-

Ok...time to knock you back. NO! -mezzed-

Dead.

:rolleyes:

Just when you think you've got 'em, they stealth out after resisting a DOT.

Bring it on OP defenders, fear the nerf bat.

Oh, I see you have me knocked down, that's ok.. -pop trinket after taking 2 crits-

Dead.

DOT is purged, not resisted. it's a skill box for us and please continue your whining....

Dead.

Except you'd be immune to the mezz after the knockdown.

Try again

The players of this class keep perpetuating the myth they cant do anything outside of stealth.. because they dont want to be nerfed.. or are just horrible players themselves.. even a badly played melee spec OP facerolls equally geared players of equal level.

I have a Full pvp geared lvl 50 BH/Merc... 15.6k health... 30% mitigation to physical(65% with shields up).

Smuggler... from stealth drops me 14k HP during the knockdown... i pop trinket...shield... then use a stim...heal back to about 10k health..

Smuggler DOES NOT GET BEHIND ME.. doesnt restealth... pops me for 4.5k, 3.5k, 2.5k

and im dead...

The class is broken..period...maybe some of the attacks arent beign flagged correclty as physical damage? maybe the idea of giving them a skill that ignores armor was poorly thought out?

Maybe they should suffer the HEAT buildup in the same way a BH does... 3-4 big attacks and you cant fight without using Vent heat...

Its not player skill... our guild has an Oerative healer who has played healer from 1-50 and never played the concealment spec...

He switched to the concealment spec aka the one that needs nerfing... on day 1 he was killing everyone with ease, including fully pvp equipped 50's and he wasnt familiar with the spec at all...there is no skill, just a broken class.

Hes also killed players 4 vs 1 without any assistance.. he IS a biochem howver so the perma-stims help... but the point being , no experience...day 1, faceroll everybody.

Theres a few ways to fix it, but the main thing it should not be doing is insta-gibbing both light armor users AND heavy armor users with the same amount of ease.. Ops and smugglers shouldnt get armor piercing.

Force users are the ones who should be tearing up armor users (we get very low resists to elemental aka "Force" users spell damage.

Ops as they are dont only insta-gib//faceroll squishies, they instagib everything 1 on 1 except very well geared tanks... whome they simply take a bit longer to kill.

Thats what needs fixing... they should be weak to either "Force users" or "gunners aka BH/Commando types" , not OP against everything.

That gives them a role... and more importantly...BALANCE.

or coming soon= 8 operatives vs 8 smuggler premades.

Of course just in case they dont fix it ... I think most pvpers are rolling OP/Smugg alts.... I know i am ;)

Edited by blackadda

I have a Full pvp geared lvl 50 BH/Merc... 15.6k health... 30% mitigation to physical(65% with shields up).

Smuggler... from stealth drops me 14k HP during the knockdown... i pop trinket...shield... then use a stim...heal back to about 10k health..

This means nothing when we have a 50% armor pen buff.

Scoundrels/Ops have 3 abilities which can be used as interrupts. The shortest cd is 12 seconds.

The damage is fine, unless you're a class in light armor. If you are wearing light armor I'm guessing you're a sith inquisitor or jedi consular in which case... Deal with it.

I am sorry but thats crap, the damage is not fine. every match I am in an op or scoundrel is like 50-0 or something. I wear heavy armor as a commando and die in literally 3-4 seconds. NO OTHER CLASS can do that right now. Saying their damage is fine, is either a blatant oversight on your part, or you play one.. so which is it?

I am sorry but thats crap, the damage is not fine. every match I am in an op or scoundrel is like 50-0 or something. I wear heavy armor as a commando and die in literally 3-4 seconds. NO OTHER CLASS can do that right now. Saying their damage is fine, is either a blatant oversight on your part, or you play one.. so which is it?

here's the thing though, if our damage is nerfed let's say even by a third (and most people are calling for more) - then me might as well just stab you with a pencil because you will just get up and **** US in three seconds.

This means nothing when we have a 50% armor pen buff.

Yep and thats proabably the main thing that needs to be removed.

It was poorly thought out to make the "from stealth" burst damage equally effective against all classes.

Being weak to *something* is a part of "rock/paper/scissors" Ops and smuggs burst means they arent weak to anything.

and saying they are supposed to win 1v1 becomes absurd when you stack a team with 8 ops... then hmm.. 1v1= all other team dead..

The players of this class keep perpetuating the myth they cant do anything outside of stealth.. because they dont want to be nerfed.. or are just horrible players themselves.. even a badly played melee spec OP facerolls equally geared players of equal level.

No they don't. Stop lying and exaggerating.

Smuggler DOES NOT GET BEHIND ME.. doesnt restealth... pops me for 4.5k, 3.5k, 2.5k

and im dead...

The class is broken..period...maybe some of the attacks arent beign flagged correclty as physical damage? maybe the idea of giving them a skill that ignores armor was poorly thought out?

Maybe they should suffer the HEAT buildup in the same way a BH does... 3-4 big attacks and you cant fight without using Vent heat...

Its not player skill... our guild has an Oerative healer who has played healer from 1-50 and never played the concealment spec...

He switched to the concealment spec aka the one that needs nerfing... on day 1 he was killing everyone with ease, including fully pvp equipped 50's and he wasnt familiar with the spec at all...there is no skill, just a broken class.

Hes also killed players 4 vs 1 without any assistance.. he IS a biochem howver so the perma-stims help... but the point being , no experience...day 1, faceroll everybody.

Theres a few ways to fix it, but the main thing it should not be doing is insta-gibbing both light armor users AND heavy armor users with the same amount of ease.. Ops and smugglers shouldnt get armor piercing.

Force users are the ones who should be tearing up armor users (we get very low resists to elemental aka "Force" users spell damage.

Ops as they are dont only insta-gib//faceroll squishies, they instagib everything 1 on 1 except very well geared tanks... whome they simply take a bit longer to kill.

Thats what needs fixing... they should be weak to either "Force users" or "gunners aka BH/Commando types" , not OP against everything.

That gives them a role... and more importantly...BALANCE.

or coming soon= 8 operatives vs 8 smuggler premades.

Of course just in case they dont fix it ... I think most pvpers are rolling OP/Smugg alts.... I know i am ;)

I have to agree with this post, and want to add ty for pointing out specifics. You cannot have this many players complaining about a class stating the same thing for it to be balanced. Use logic here. I especially like how you added stealth or no stealth the burst is too high. The class needs a re-balance or other classes need a buff to equal the damage output, because right now, it is absurd.

and im dead...

Calling BS on this.

The only skill that could hit for 4.5k out of stealth would be backstab and that would be with multiple buffs (red pvp buff, adrenal, relic). 3.5k on lacerate would be possible with those buffs, and 2.5k shiv is doable without those. So either he did get behind you and you just aren't attentive, or you're making stuff up. If you had that many buffs going and he didn't you'd have rolled him.

Remember that Ops/Scoundrels are supposed to counter turret classes like merc/commando and sorc/sage.