How many nights in a row am I going to have to endure down time?

Daganox

I work an evening shift and play during the wee hours and sleep during the day. I understand with my schedule that patches will have to be endured but c'mon this is getting ridiculous. this will be the third night in a row that I can't play what I paid for because of yet another patch! How bout you guys hold off for a week and give us late players a break and just spit out one nice big effective patch instead of a patch a day for a week?

short answer:

1) until people stop complaining that bioware isnt listening to them (wont ever happen)

2) once bioware realizes number 1 wont happen and stops worrying about pleasing the vocal minority and just rolls out patches weekly like they intended (hopefully within the next 2-3 days.

I work an evening shift and play during the wee hours and sleep during the day. I understand with my schedule that patches will have to be endured but c'mon this is getting ridiculous. this will be the third night in a row that I can't play what I paid for because of yet another patch! How bout you guys hold off for a week and give us late players a break and just spit out one nice big effective patch instead of a patch a day for a week?

Its, like a 3 or 4 min patch. whats the problem? Then you can play unless I am missing something..

Third?

There were two down time patches this week.. where is the info on the third?

Regardless, the down time is relatively small and while it does impact on my play time also due to the timezone I am happy they are taking the initiative to tackle issues rapidly.

If it was actually 8hrs+ each patch, yeah I would be complaining also but the two patches were done in like 2hrs.

That is great for a game of this size imho. :rolleyes:

Edited by Disodium

Its, like a 3 or 4 min patch. whats the problem? Then you can play unless I am missing something..

gonna assumer your a troll because its a 6 hour downtime they had a patch lats night aswell i feel your pain i get home at 11 and this is actually pissing me off too

gonna assumer your a troll because its a 6 hour downtime they had a patch lats night aswell i feel your pain i get home at 11 and this is actually pissing me off too

Last night's patch fixed 2 pretty game-breaking bugs. I'm glad they didn't wait a week to release it. I don't know what they're fixing tonight. Probably the infinite commendation/credit exploit, which is another thing that shouldn't wait a week to fix.

Edited by Shillen

If you were to read the dev tracker you would see that the downtime will be from 2AM to 4AM CST. Unless my maths is off that is 2hrs.

Still a little peeved though as its 7-9pm here in Melb, but hey its Friday so I can just play afterwards...

Think you might want to reconsider who the troll is.

Last night was 2 hours. Tonight is also scheduled to be no more than 2 hours. 2am to 4am.

Seriously, people can't find something else to do for 2 hours while they fix the bugs that you're crying about?

:rolleyes:

Last night was 2 hours. Tonight is also scheduled to be no more than 2 hours. 2am to 4am.

Seriously, people can't find something else to do for 2 hours while they fix the bugs that you're crying about?

Trouble is, a lot of people want to play until say 1-2 am on the PST or CST, and this is cutting into their prime playtime. This isnt a problem once a week, but when its every day, it gets excessively annoying. I end up just going to bed 2 hours early that Id rather be playing. Its not the end of the world, but its getting pointlessly annoying.

Not if they only have THOSE 2 hours to play the game.

Being locked out of the game, which you pay for, for whatever reason is going to leave people upset. Naturally, and rightfully so.

Edited by Ildurnest

short answer:

1) until people stop complaining that bioware isnt listening to them (wont ever happen)

2) once bioware realizes number 1 wont happen and stops worrying about pleasing the vocal minority and just rolls out patches weekly like they intended (hopefully within the next 2-3 days.

Right? I hate when people complain about issues that are keeping them from enjoying a game they paid for and when the company actually responds and shows they're working harder to try and fix said issues. That's totally, TOTALLY lame. What a buncha jerks, wanting their game to work. Sheesh.

Being locked out of the game, which you pay for, for whatever reason is going to leave people upset. Naturally, and rightfully so.

Nobody only has those two hours to play. If you're up that late, you either:

A) Were able to play earlier than those hours

or

B) Are able to play later than those hours.

Unless you work at 4am CST and sleep until 2am CST, this argument is completely invalid.

Edited by Kashaan

Look sir/madam, you can't just say 'for whatever reason' and leave it at that. You're not being 'locked out', the servers are down being FIXED. It's not like a bug or something preventing you from playing the game (although that's what these downtimes are actually about, fixing bugs for some that are actually causing this - so imagine not being able to play EVER and watching people whine about a couple of hours and after which they can play). So it's not 'natural' for people to be mad that Bioware is fixing the game you want to play and have relatively bug free.

I am sick of these nightly patches for whatever reasons...I AM PAYING TO PLAY NOT PATCH..what THE FREAK happened to weekly patches I even understand a once in a while unscheduled patch ..but three freak-in nights in a row WHEN I PLAY SUCKS

Hello Everybody!

We appreciate your interest in talking about the patches and resulting downtimes but we are going to close this thread as there is already an active thread about it here. We suggest continuing your discussion there.

Thank you!