Amazon sorted out ?

Hakkology

I preordered from Amazon and i live in a red-zoned country.

People keep talking about Amazon getting sorted out.

Not really, i'll get my game after 25th with priority shipping, shipments starting at 21th and die with agonizing pain waiting till my box arrives ( which can go up to 28th , imagine that ).

Preordered the game at 30th November so i hope i can get 2 days of EAG, just don't wanna talk about it right now...

Nothing changes with my order, unless i am missing something ?

Edited by Hakkology

Thank you, but this for US. I'm preordering from Turkey, should have written that down.

I had a look at the link to Amazon above and it says this about international orders:

'Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international addresses will also ship earlier than originally planned. Once we've finished updating the orders, you'll be able to find your updated Estimated Delivery Time under "Your Orders" in Your Account'

The page also states that they will start shipping from the 15th and that accounts are being updated over the next two days. I just checked my order and it hasn't been updated yet but this is still great news!

The problem is that the CE orders are still arriving after the 20th if you chose standard shipping (the only thing that was available to non-prime customers). I'm being told that there is no way to change the shipping to faster than standard and that is the only way to ship for ALL CE orders. Now I'm hearing that there are people getting faster than standard shipping for CE. What the heck, I'm willing to pay more for shipping but they won't offer it to me, what gives?

Thanks!

This deserves a copy/paste

Initial post: Dec 13, 2011 5:01:53 PM PST

Amazon Game Room says:

(AMAZON OFFICIAL)

Hello,

Here's an update for customers who have pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic that was scheduled to be released on December 20, 2011. Because beta access ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 19, 2011, we've decided to ship the game early to customers starting December 15, 2011. We'll be updating orders over the next two days and new estimated delivery times will appear in Your Account shortly after our updates are complete. These changes will be applied to your account automatically and there is no action needed on your part. Please see below for an update to estimated delivery times based on shipment method.

New Estimated Delivery Times for the Contiguous US:

* Release Date Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* One-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* Two-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* Standard Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011

* Super Saver Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011

Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international addresses will also ship earlier than originally planned.

Once we've finished updating the orders, you'll be able to find your updated Estimated Delivery Time under "Your Orders" in Your Account:

http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Since extremely limited quantities of the Collector's Edition are available, we recommend not canceling an order for this edition unless you do not intend to order it again. Please note that customers who cancel and attempt to re-order the Collector's Edition may lose their place in line.

Please note that official game access is scheduled to begin at 12:01 a.m. on December 20, 2011. BioWare will be bringing down all servers for a short period of time before the launch of the game. You will be contacted in-game with details on this planned outage and when you can expect all servers to be back online.

We appreciate your patience and hope you enjoy the game.

Amazon Video Game Editors

Edited by DesleDarksyde

I live in a country close to the OP. They did update the shipping date from 21st to 19th, but it clearly says that it will arrive after the 25th (xmas).

what I want to kmow, is wether will get our game codes when it ships or have to wait for the box. If I get my code on the 19th I can play in launch, if not I'll be gimped and have to wait a week+ afterlaunch to play.

Edited by solmanian

I live in a country close to the OP. They did update the shipping date from 21st to 19th, but it clearly says that it will arrive after the 25th (xmas).

what I want to kmow, is wether will get our game codes when it ships or have to wait for the box. If I get my code on the 19th I can play in launch, if not I'll be gimped and have to wait a week+ afterlaunch to play.

This has been done a million times. Amazon is not going to open up your box and look for your game code, it can result in stolen codes and I'm pretty sure it's against the law.

Your game code will be in your box, ready for you when you open it. We just have to hope they arrive soon :)

This has been done a million times. Amazon is not going to open up your box and look for your game code, it can result in stolen codes and I'm pretty sure it's against the law.

Your game code will be in your box, ready for you when you open it. We just have to hope they arrive soon :)

nobody asked them to open it, this isn't Gamestop where employees rummaging through your box is standard. But recieving an email from amazon/bioware/EA for serial is also standard.

Just tell them what I told Walmart...

How does your "automated response" have a frakkin bit of relevance to my email??? I don't give a damn about an order by the 25th, I pre-ordered in September for a product that has to arrive by the 20th. What is so hard to understand that if it is not going to arrive before or on the 20th, CANCEL it now! Don't make me have to call my bank on this order. You can solve this real easy by shipping it now. If you don't have it to ship, that is not my problem. I ordered this in september. I am not looking for excuses.

I take all my word back, my amazon order is updated as well. Now it will arrive between 21th-23th which is a lot better compared to the alternative!

Thank you Amazon, thank you Bioware for getting into the bottom of this :).

Edited by Hakkology