Strength vs. Power

Vaahanian

So while I've been questing on Voss, I've been noticing quest reward options of greens that both have str and power on them (for simplicity sake, assume all stats are same except for str and power between them). I'm curious about how much of a stat jump would power need to prioritize taking power over strength. Both increase dmg done, but is it like 1 str = 3 pow? Would love to know if anybody out there has numbers on this.

Finally hit 50 and did my belsavis dailies. Rewards had quite a few mods with high str and high power. Being a cybertech I can craft mods with higher str but lower pow. Would seriously love any number crunchers out that that know the ratio of equivalency or links to that information would be greatly appreciated.

- The bonus damage from Strength and Power seem to have no DR

- The crit from Strength seems not be affected by DR

- 1 Strength is VERY roughly 0,7-0,8 Power and 0,3-0,4 crit

That is how far my own observation went - I tested it via my power and crit/surge relics (checked the rating and values before and after the relic use).

• 3 weeks later...

Power has no DR, the bonus damage part of Strength imho also not.

However, my other post in this thread is no 100% correct.

1 Strength will give you the same bonus damage as 0.75 Power and 1 Strength will also give you a little bit crit. The crit from Strength also does not share the same DR as crit from Crit Rating.

However, it really is very litte and has a DR. Currently, I would need 149 Strength for 1% crit.

Edited by Bloodymoon

Power has DR, its simple math click C go to Force go to "Power" (Not Force Power that is from your light sabers) Divide your power by the bonus damage it gives you. You will see that it has DR.

How would this tell you if power has DR? All this would tell you is the coefficient of power to damage. You would have to remove several pieces of power gear and find the coefficient again. If that changes, then it has DR. But simply dividing the 2 numbers alone does not give you enough information.

At lower gear lvls Str > Power.

AT higher gear lvls Power > Str.

One you get to around 25%- 30% Crit, Power > Str.

Too bad high end gear favors accuracy and crit. All 5 set pieces of rakata have accuracy and rakata ear piece has accuracy too. Both of my columi implants also have accuracy. With 4 pieces of rakata gear I've got over 300 accuracy and over 500 crit but only around 100 power and 250ish surge. I don't think I've seen any power/surge enhancements that i could rip from columi gear either. I might have to look at the other classes columi vendors and see if they have any power/surge enhancements. Kind of lame that the game requires you take other classes armor pieces to properly gear up.

Too bad high end gear favors accuracy and crit. All 5 set pieces of rakata have accuracy and rakata ear piece has accuracy too. Both of my columi implants also have accuracy. With 4 pieces of rakata gear I've got over 300 accuracy and over 500 crit but only around 100 power and 250ish surge. I don't think I've seen any power/surge enhancements that i could rip from columi gear either. I might have to look at the other classes columi vendors and see if they have any power/surge enhancements. Kind of lame that the game requires you take other classes armor pieces to properly gear up.

The Columi gloves have crit surge... still I don't understand why the level 23, 24 and 25 enhancements and mods are pretty much unattainable. Essentially I need to get like 6 glove tokens in order to get all the proper mods and enhancements.

The Columi gloves have crit surge... still I don't understand why the level 23, 24 and 25 enhancements and mods are pretty much unattainable. Essentially I need to get like 6 glove tokens in order to get all the proper mods and enhancements.

I have plenty of crit/surge enhancements from my old columi pieces, but like I said, I've already got way too much crit and not enough power. I want power/surge enhancements which I have none of.

If you press C and open up your character sheet, and them mouse over your stats, you can see EXACTLY what each one is contributing.

So put on piece of armor A, and look at your strength, and how much +dmg it says its doing.

Also, you can just look at the overall damage you deal on your character sheet.

Also, you're misusing the word exponential. Multiplying by a constant is not exponential growth, that is linear as well. >_< Learn2Math

The bounty hunter fight in HM/NM Karagga's Palace drop lvl 58 power/surge enchantment. I have one of them socketed into my gear right now. Aside from that, I haven't seen any power/surge enchants. Edited by Exertim