Search bar

Nevernew

• Dev Post
We did briefly restore the search feature, but are still experiencing some technical issues when search is enabled. We are working diligently to restore the search feature on the Forums as soon as possible, and we understand the inconvenience this causes our community members. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

We did briefly restore the search feature, but are still experiencing some technical issues when search is enabled. We are working diligently to restore the search feature on the Forums as soon as possible, and we understand the inconvenience this causes our community members. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Give me a break! Every forum has a search function that does not wish to hide something. Been around for more than 10 years. Please don't insult our inteligence.

It is not the search function by itself but the fact that there are several exploits out there and can gain access to the admin account by the search...

This is unfortunately what happens when you use old tech.

The search itself is not bugged. Worst case scenario the 3.8.5 version queries are not optimized and that is immediately fixed by upgrading to the latest version. vbulletin should hold 5k concurrent connections properly managed and with optimized hosting.

Just think about it. This version of vBulletin now dates back to 2009 and BW is using it to run the community of a million + accounts. As I saw in chat "The facepalm is strong with this one"

If you are going to use a out-of-the-box $200 forum, you should at least update it every patch that comes out. I keep repeating this every week hoping that Mr Reid will kick somebutts but so far nothing.

Now if you have modified it so much so that the account section is using the Vbulletin database then now you have a problem because version 4 may have made changes to the database that you didn t plan. I suspect you are not using vbulletin's database but instead an external one. If that is the case there are no excuses for not upgrading...unless your web tech team is from ITTTech or was fired recently

Edited by Amnolith

I recently joined this forum after getting the game and was quite perplexed by the lack of a search function. I thought I was missing something. For a big budget company, I really expected more. I mean, even little no-budget websites have searchable forums. This is what makes them actually useful.

Please bring this back. At the very least, allow us to click on our Statistics and View our own Posts and Threads.

Tip for people who just want to search topics:

Go to https://encrypted.google.com (or http://www.google.com if you dont' care about security) and enter your search sting, like you normally would when searching Google. Then, add anywhere in the search string:

site:swtor.com or site:swtor.com/community if you want to just search the forums and not the main site too.

For example:

Search bar site:swtor.com/community

Edited by Zebular

I seriously thought I was just being inbred, when I couldn't find the search box...the idea that a company with a flagship title like SWTOR would neuter and render their forums unusable by not having a search function was and is just inconceivable to me.

LOL this is too preposterous to be true, seriously this has to be a joke, a company like Bioware/EA can't make a simple function like Search work, a standard function that is available in every other forum in existence and they have "technical difficulties" :rolleyes: