So if early access was canceled...

Trebarian

...your $5 pre-order fee was refunded, all the servers were wiped and we all got in at the same time on Dec.20 with nobody getting priority, would you be happy?

yes. Don't need my money back either. It can go to whoever made this awesome discussion happen.

Well seeing as I'm level 17 already, I would be very upset!

People should have pre-ordered sooner. I saw a lot of posts (before the forum wipe), for months, where people said they will be holding off on pre-order until they can try the game in "open beta". Well, this is the result of the waiting.

First come first serve is just how the World works.

Yes, the game wouldn't be in the imbalanced state it's inevitably going to be in since many people are going to be at end-game, have pve/pvp gear, "server firsts", and far worse, the economy is going to be in shambles. Some people are going to be ultra-wealthy and control the marketplace with the credits they have, the items on there, and their crafting. And guilds/friends would be able to play together and experience the new MMO at the same time like we have every-other-time a MMO launched.

People should have pre-ordered sooner. I saw a lot of posts (before the forum wipe), for months, where people said they will be holding off on pre-order until they can try the game in "open beta". Well, this is the result of the waiting.

Actually sir, ordering sooner would not have helped. Even if every preorder they ever got was on day 1, minute 1, we'd still be sitting here.

...your $5 pre-order fee was refunded, all the servers were wiped and we all got in at the same time on Dec.20 with nobody getting priority, would you be happy?

No because you would still end up paying that $5 for the full game. The $5 pre-order is not in addition to the full retail price of the game. I don't see how people don't understand this.

Let me break it down:

The Digital Deluxe Edition costs $79.99 plus tax.

In my area, tax is 9.5%. So the total after tax will be $87.59.

Now because I pre-ordered I had to put $5 down, but when I am charged on the 20th it will only be for the remaining $82.59.

Honestly you should read up on how pre-orders work

Edited by Vesperascit

Technically, yes .. but I wouldn't want that to happen either. Id be happy because one of my favorite parts of an MMO is leveling with the curve.

I never beat the curve. I am never first and don't care to be .. but the ride is a lot of fun.

I usually then proceed to roll an alt and actually follow the story.

But anyway .. I would be happy if Bioware grew a pair, gave us dates and kept them within reasonable expectation.

Stopping invites at 2pm or w/e for EIGHTEEN FRIGGIN HOURS .. is mind boggling.

I would not. I go on holiday on the 22nd. I would simply cancel my preorder and buy it (physical copy so cheaper) when I got back in January. I only preordered because rationalising 2 weeks wasted for 1 week used is easier than 2 weeks wasted for 1 day used

the $5 was a down payment not a pre-order fee. It counted towards your purchase. It was to insure that you wouldn't cancel right away.

Wiping the server and canceling the early access because of some whiners would be bad. It would show that EA and bioware buckle under pressure and that's a bad sign in a game developer. Look what happened to SWG.

I have a friend who inputted his pre-order code on the 27th of July and I entered my code on the 28th of July and neither of us are in - so yeah first come first served but I think they should have made the waves of invites bigger!

First of all, the ship has sailed. There is no going back. So, the point is mute. Bioware has been telling everyone for a long time that they would have early access if you enered your your preorder code. Further, they had also told people that that early access would probably and then definately be staggered based upon time of code entry.

I would also like to point out that those not getting in now are actually getting extra early access because of the move to start on the 13th rather then the 15th. Had early access started on the 15th, many may have gotten maybe one day or two at most. At this point it looks like everyone will now be playing on 15th.

It is just not worth putting any more time into this or any othr discussion on the topic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.