Hutball is NOT Warsong Gulch! Pass the damn ball!

ZuperTrooper

There is a reason why I run forward ahead of you Mr. Ball Carrier...you are supposed to pass me the ball if you get in trouble! Stop trying to turtle the ball while being trailed by 4 enemies.

PASS - THE - DAMN - BALL!!

Teamwork > Mr. Lonely Ballcarrier Hero Wannabe

This has been a (Re)public service announcement!

Edited by ZuperTrooper

Problem is not passing the ball, problem is people not using any of their brain areas to place themselves well to actually receive the ball, so most of the time you get the ball, all your team is behind you.:rolleyes: Edited by Fufy

hafta realize, there's a Loooooootta 15-18 (or worse) y/o's out there that have absolutely NO concept of teamwork.

they're entitled to be the one to get the ball

they're entitled to be the one to carry the ball

they're entitled to be the one to score with the ball

they don't like sharing due to mommy n daddy, and as such (see above)

they're the first to whine n cry because their perception of "entitled" that mommy n daddy has given them, doesn't work in real life, and as such, they're entitled to demand that bioware fix it "immediately' so its in their favor, works their way, or doesn't appear to them as some "bug" because, of course, they're the perfect entitled pain in the rear

which all equals, team doesn't score, cuz they refuse to pass...

my 2 credz

Maybe it's more due to how the Huttball skill is hidden in a window players rarely look at, or that you have to make room for the skill on the already cramped hotbar, or maybe it's how completely unwieldy the Throw Huttball skill actually is, or maybe it's due to the fact that even a tiny bit of lag totally screws up your pass or ability to pass.

Or maybe it's because the guy holding the ball has been stunlocked for the last 10 seconds or is already dead because no one knows how to use taunts or the healer is on the other side of the map?

The list goes on...

If I could only Lifegrip the ball away from them :(

So you want lifegrip so you can pull the ball away from them to score yourself rather then pull them to you so they can score?

Sounds like you are one of those entitled 15-18 year olds another poster mentioned.

So you want lifegrip so you can pull the ball away from them to score yourself rather then pull them to you so they can score?

Sounds like you are one of those entitled 15-18 year olds another poster mentioned.

i sure hope you are trolling rofl

Well for the first ten games I played I have to admit I was fairly clueless and found the passing of the ball to be very difficult especially when you get the ball and you are trying to escape stuns, knockbacks etc etc. so I am assuming it is difficult for a lot of people who dont play Huttball too much. Have to assume that there are always a few firsttimers.

Its fun when you get the hang of it but its very different from what a lot of players are used to so it takes some practise. It is fun when done right though. Kind of reminds me of Bloow Bowl. ;)

For me, it's mostly how unwiedly it is. At least as far as technical reasons go. Most of the time, technical reasons aren't so important, though. If I'm getting chain-CC'd and am busy keeping up my defensive CDs because everybody else on my team is running ahead waiting for a pass while I have the whole enemy team on my tail, sorry that's not going to happen; the passing ability is vulnerable to CC and cooldowns like everything else. If you can lifegrip/rescue the ball carrier to the finish line, that is way more likely to work. But if you're just one single guy running ahead with no constructive abilities and there's nobody else around, chances are there will be no score.

Problem is not passing the ball, problem is people not using any of their brain areas to place themselves well to actually receive the ball, so most of the time you get the ball, all your team is behind you.:rolleyes:

This is the story of my Huttball career. Though I did notice something, I knew you couldn't get the ball and then stealth or else it goes to neutral ball. However, I tried passing to a team mate who was in great position, just stealthed. I figured that the ball would knock him out of stealth so he could get possession, but it fell neutral instead.

Can't pass to stealthed players huh? Lol.

Problem is not passing the ball, problem is people not using any of their brain areas to place themselves well to actually receive the ball, so most of the time you get the ball, all your team is behind you.:rolleyes:

Yeah, pretty much this. Unless i'm with guildies, people hardly ever walk in front of you. This is mostly because most people still believe this is WSG, not a new gamemode where passing is encouraged.

For me it's more often than not like this:

Got the ball, running forward. Getting slowed and hit. I see a teammate. I pass. He runs away from the ball. Pass fails. I die.

or

Got the ball, running forward. Getting slowed and hit. A teammate is on a platform ahead. I try to pass. No LOS, throw area thingy stays grey. I am stunned. I try to pass again finding the three pixels on the edge of the platform I can pass to. I am stunned. I try to pass again to those DARN THREE PIXELS. I die.

Maybe it's more due to how the Huttball skill is hidden in a window players rarely look at, or that you have to make room for the skill on the already cramped hotbar, or maybe it's how completely unwieldy the Throw Huttball skill actually is, or maybe it's due to the fact that even a tiny bit of lag totally screws up your pass or ability to pass.

Or maybe it's because the guy holding the ball has been stunlocked for the last 10 seconds or is already dead because no one knows how to use taunts or the healer is on the other side of the map?

The list goes on...

OR maybe the healer died earlier trying to save your arse but got targetted and killed. (Defend your healer guys and the carrier will have an easier time surviving!)

9/10 times there is not a single teammate in position to get a pass.

Most of the time I'm being chain-cc'ed until death because I'm not getting guard, nobody is using taunts or any form of CC to get people off me.

And usually the combination of the two above in the same game is the prime reason for a loss.

So many players dont know how to play Huttball they really should be a tutorial that they need to do before being allowed to play.

Random Huttball is a disaster as it stands. You only ever win if your lucky to be put on a team that knows how to play.

^This^ I'd love to pass the ball if there was someone to pass it too.

OR maybe the healer died earlier trying to save your arse but got targetted and killed. (Defend your healer guys and the carrier will have an easier time surviving!)

I keep seeing this "defend the healer" mantra being thrown around, but it depends on to what degree the healer expects/needs to be defended. I know PvP healers I could leave alone with 2 - 3 enemies and they'll still keep me up and then I know PvE healers who need a 3 man team of a BH tank, a Juggernaut tank and a SA tank, with rotating guards and constant CC on the enemy and yet they still manage to die and complain how they weren't protected.

If they need 1 - 3 people running peel/defend duty, then they should reroll DPS.

I keep seeing this "defend the healer" mantra being thrown around, but it depends on to what degree the healer expects/needs to be defended. I know PvP healers I could leave alone with 2 - 3 enemies and they'll still keep me up and then I know PvE healers who need a 3 man team of a BH tank, a Juggernaut tank and a SA tank, with rotating guards and constant CC on the enemy and yet they still manage to die and complain how they weren't protected.

If they need 1 - 3 people running peel/defend duty, then they should reroll DPS.

I don't need three people on guard duty. However, I would very much appreciate a stun here and there, or perhaps some help to finish off some attackers. I don't ask for much just a little nudge in the right direction when you run past <3