Please allow dual spec or cap respec costs.

Vraxzen

People that are specced as tanks or healers and complaining that they can't kill or do quests fast enough. You do realize this is a mmo game right? Just group up with someone instead of playing alone.

I'm DPS myself, but I'm always questing with one of the tanks in our guild. Because it's more fun to play together with people!

Dual-spec makes the game too easy, and when you make something too easy it becomes boring. If you want wow, then go play wow.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really understood the arbitrary money sink in MMOs that is the class respec, I think this is something Rift did really well.

There are multiple specs for different circumstances, in my own playstyle, SI Assassin geared towards tanking. In PvP I go for a hybrid spec which lends itself to more of a support / peel role, then in PvE a pure tanking spec. At this stage both routes are a viable way of building up gear for progress @ 50. I also like to do both, but with respecs now costing 100k at the last try it's just forcing me to choose one avenue of the game to play.

Actually.. Dual Spec is so wrong....

Feels like cheating to me.

Or more like spoiling people who cant choose and want everything easy.

If you want to tank... roll a tank.

If you want to healer ... roll a healer.

etc..

Whats wrong with creating 3 chars?...

And if you dont want to roll 3 chars... then you have to pay for the privilege of not having to level up 2-3 chars.

Sounds normal to me.

Being able to create 1 char that can fill 3 rolls on the fly is not only "to easy" ... its also just plain unrealistic (yes.. i said it.. unrealistic in a fantasy game!!)

But hey.. it'll probably be implemented cause there are more people wanting easy-play then there are people that want a challenge

Good thing you aren't a dev with that metality.

Dual Spec??? NO THANKS.

Don´t make the PVP and PVE a casual play mode. If someone is lvling a char on tank mode for PVE, ok. But if someone wants to do PVP, take another char... lvl it all the time doing WZ (is not necesary to do pve for get exp) and make your PVP build.

Don´t make a WoW2 pls. And the rolls on Rift are the best cheating pvp mode that i have seen ever, totaly unbalanced. What do you want to see? A sith sorcerer (that supposed to be heal) making more dps that a pure dps char?

If you don´t want to start to lvling a new char, you have a solution. Pay the reroll spec, is an economic justification of the game. You MUST PAY for learning new skills, BUT you MUST PAY TOO for forget it. Is a prioriti and a fair question about economic of the game and ROL.

Sorry for my bad english. XD

So what your saying is, if I like my class but think 100k+ a time for a respec to do something different is a bit overpriced, I should make a new char, same class, same advanced class and level that to have a different play-style.

It's not about giving people "ezmode", it's about giving people a viable choice in the game to do what they want, without being crippled for it.

"Simply rerolling" is not a valid suggestion. This game takes awhile to level in, and expecting people to level the same thing twice expect for slight differences is kinda absurd.

Think of it from a raiders point of view: You are a tank. You want to go to your guild ops but they only have room for a DPS. You have three choices. You can switch specs, play an alt, or not go at all. Switching specs is the first option people will choose. However, after x amount of raids it gets to the point where you cant afford to repair because you spent everything you had + your first unborn child to switch specs. Option number two sounds good on paper, but once your guild starts progressing into hard/nightmare modes your chars will not have even gear and this will no longer be an option unless you quit your job and run multiple ops on all your chars to keep up. Option three gets you no where and makes the game boring.

OR they can just add a duel spec option and avoid those problems w/o actually hurting the game at all.

Note: Leveling the same base class twice but in different AC's is not the issue here, as you can perform two roles in every class except for the sniper/gunslinger and marauder/sentinel.

So what your saying is, if I like my class but think 100k+ a time for a respec to do something different is a bit overpriced, I should make a new char, same class, same advanced class and level that to have a different play-style.

It's not about giving people "ezmode", it's about giving people a viable choice in the game to do what they want, without being crippled for it.

And what do you want... to became this game a casual game about pvp? No thanks.

Do you want to get 999.999credits on you pocket? And boom the house market prices? I am saying the normal rol game rules in this case --> if you want something you have to work it. So, if you want to unlearn you spec you have to pay, and then pay the skills of the other class.

Or do you want to get for free?

In no-casual game is imposible to do all the things of the game with the same char. Or do you want to read again the tipical words: hey mate wait, i am gong to change to tank (pling (game sound)) ok lets go..., really is not serious.

Each one of the clasess and each one of the spec has his rol. Don´t start to mix it, casualing the pvp game expirience and making more unbalanced pvp talents.

Do you want to get 999.999credits on you pocket? And boom the house market prices? I am saying the normal rol game rules in this case --> if you want something you have to work it. So, if you want to unlearn you spec you have to pay, and then pay the skills of the other class.

In no-casual game is imposible to do all the things of the game with the same char. Or do you want to read again the tipical words: hey mate wait, i am gong to change to tank (pling (game sound)) ok lets go..., really is not serious.

Each one of the clasess and each one of the spec has his rol. Don´t start to mix it, casualing the pvp game expirience and making more unbalanced pvp talents.

Where do you guys get the idea that duel spec = casual players or duel spec = you can do everything? Leveling another char isn't exactly a testament to skill, nor does every AC allow for all types of game play. Not to mention there are already TONS of other money sinks in this game, and creits are spend MUCH faster than you can earn them atm. A duel spec system would harm no one at all. Changing ops/hard mode difficulties and stuff like that on the otherhand would be a problem, but not duel spec.

I LOVE to tank for groups, but as most people have noticed tanks actually do poor damage in this game when compared to others.When soloing, I know that to compensate for this you bring a dps companion.

You could just run around in a group the whole time doing quests then. You would also gain those elusive Social Points to get the quirky gear options that you have available on most planets too.

You can tank solo.

You can tank with a Companion.

You can tank in Group.

You still must™ have dual-speccing? Why? To make something easier, that's right. So you want to pick a tank spec and then change it up whenever like choice of class or spec doesn't really matter at all.

Nice. Awesome. BioWare...stick to your guns and if you're gonna do it, do it in your own time and in your own way.

PvP has been one of the most popular features of SWTOR so far (see recent post from devs) so I'm not sure how playing PvP makes you 'casual', I myself want to play it at a high level. These walls people put up to have to make a specific choice between PvP and PvE are stupid and not required, why can't you do both, where is this magic rule?

Your saying, want to do something different today, no problem, just grind x amount of mobs before you can respec to do what you want.

No it should not be free, but 100k a time is a bit excessive, everyone has different opinions about such things, but I just don't see the point in forcing people down one route or another, people should be free to play the game as they choose, without these artificial barriers all over the place.

You can tank solo.

You can tank with a Companion.

You can tank in Group.

You still must™ have dual-speccing? Why? To make something easier, that's right. So you want to pick a tank spec and then change it up whenever like choice of class or spec doesn't really matter at all.

Nice. Awesome. BioWare...stick to your guns and if you're gonna do it, do it in your own time and in your own way.

We must have dual spec because it gives players the freedom to play two different roles to fill in for missing people in your group or to play two seperate specs for PvE and PvP. Its logical and its silly it wasnt in the game at release, if they dont want dual spec then respec costs need to be brought down significantly, I dont want to have to be paying ridiculous respec costs because I like to experience both PvE and PvP every night.

As for those saying to re-level, I honestly cannot take what you say seriously. For you to even think that people should have to do that makes you insane.

Why are these posts still going on? Dual Spec will be in the game as it's been said many times before. So unfortunately for those who can't see the logic of dual spec, or for some stupid ignorant reason think it's going to "ruin" the game or make it too "easy", it's going to happen whether you guys want it to or not.

Dual spec is fab, it solves all that don't want to level a gimped spec problems. You can be a healer when needed and carry on as dps when you're getting on with progressing.

But there seem to be a whole lot of anti dual spec people. Biggest problem is BW have only vaguley mentioned possibly including this feature so I'm not holding my breath it will appear anytime soon.

Edited by Xerda

I guess everyone has their own opinion in mind with this and how things should be. Talents are a bit more clear cut for DPS, but it's not always the case. People use a spec as the right tool to do a specific job, put the PvE vs PvP spec aside for a moment, looking at just PvE, is any one spec going to be perfect for an entire raid run?

In past experience from MMO, I'll use WoW in this case as it's an easy one, duel spec (on my rogue) allowed me to switch between different trees for different raid bosses so I could get the most out of my character and give the maximum benefit to the raid form my spot.

I can't speak to much in regards to the Operations in SW at the moment, but as a sin tank, I am sure there could be situations depending on the fight where I might want to have some extra HP, or reduce incoming AoE damage, both legitimate but different talents and potentially could make a lot of difference to the fight.

Dual spec is not about "ezmode" or being casual as some people have mentioned here, its about trying to exploit your characters strengths for a particular situation as best you can to help yourself and your team mates. I really don't get the negative posts in this thread about a reason NOT to have this.

Title says it all. At level 42 if i were to respec it would cost me over 100k credits. Thats seems outrageous to me (at least at this level).

I LOVE to tank for groups, but as most people have noticed tanks actually do poor damage in this game when compared to others.When soloing, I know that to compensate for this you bring a dps companion. However while encountering say a double silver-double reg pull, you will most likely be popping CDs just to survive because you still take a fair amount of damage even when your in full defense gear. To counter this you would bring a healer companion... but now your taking almost 3 minutes for the same pull...

If I wanted to mission faster I could go a dps spec and get things done, yet my group utility would be confined to that of a dps. Which is something that I do not care for.

That puts me in a predicament where I have to stay tank and watch everyone out level me just because they can do things twice as fast.

Another situation would be someone who plays pve utility (healer/tank) and likes to pvp as well. Constant respecs, or one of those aspects is going to suffer.

The only logical fix to this situation if to either cap the cost of respeccing or allow players to indulge in multiple specs.

Your groupmates are idiots who don't use their incaps, either that or you're a fool who refuses not to SMASH everything with AOE and break mezzes. This isn't WarCraft. You need to regress back when group utility meant something, and use tactics to mez enemies, and use those symbols to coordinate which guy you're attacking, and who needs to mez what. If you're having an issue, it ain't your spec, it's how you group is playing.

Personally, on my full Immortal Juggernaut, I have no issue at all killing four guys. Using huge array of stuns that Juggernauts have, as well as additional AOE abilities that their companions get, there's nothing to really challenge me on the questing level.

If there are no healers or tanks in PvP, you will lose. Period. They are essential to victory. Who cares how much damage you do if you outlive everyone else? You don't need to kill the person, if you can mitigate enough damage to continually interrupt them until reinforcements arrive.

Edited by RazielHex

The only thing I would use it for is PvE and PvP builds. As a deception assassin, my PvE build is strong to Deception, as a PvP build I would like to add some Darkness for better survivability. As for dual specs in say PvE only, it "may" add to the game, but I see it taking away... If every class can do both of its roles, raid groups will start getting very picky as to what they will take, because one class is better than the other at healing, or DPS and whatnot.

Lol, I can put my money on the fact that the people who are against dual-spec, are all DPS speced.

Because its same for them. DPS quests, DPS flashpoints, DPS pvp. And they feel its "cheating" for tank to be both tanks and DPS.

I personally really enjoy tanking. I really do. And I would like to play endgame as tank, both PVP and PVE. But leveling is a *****. Takes too long to kill silver/gold mobs. So respec to DPS is logical, smooth gameplay. But then, I cant tank heroics and flashpoints, and for the same fact a lot of tanks are going DPS and there is global shortage of tanks.

DPS Jugg cant tank like Immortal spec. Not even close.

And those telling us to re-roll... Are you serious? Leveling is fun, but its not fun to level solo as tank. Sure, if I constantly had a friend or two to level with, it would be a blast. But thats not the case.

I think its easier for healers, they bring DPS companion and its the same.

So dual is A MUST.

At least with leveling.

On 50 they might restrict second spec to be in the same tree as first, that is the only restriction I see possible. Since for all roles, PVE and PVP specs are different.

So, +1 for dual.

Let me be blunt. You're not trying to exploit your CHARACTER, you're exploiting the CLASS SYSTEM as if it were an in-game combat mechanic. At character creation, you pick a class based off of the role you want to play and then eventually select an AC to specialize that role further.

Flipping around at will for ease of use renders the class system moot. "I'm DPS, but now I'm TANKY and now I'm something else" fundamentally undercuts the entire REASON for choosing class/AC at all. We might as well just lump all the skills for each class/AC combination together into a single pudgy lump of a class choice and say to hell with it for all the rationale putting forth a choice and then rendering it moot at will makes.

Such flawed arguements from people that are against dual spec, first of all, it doesn't affect you if you don't want to use it then don't, but who are you to decide what other people want to do.

I'm at level 34 on my sorc and my respec cost is already over the 20k, while only respeccing 3 times because I wanted to check all the tree's, wow shame on me, I actually wanted to test out all different specs, how could anyone want this /sarcasm off.

Respeccs resets it cost every week so in 2 weeks you can actually try out alot of different speccs for almost no cost at all

Like other people I would like to be able to heal flashpoints and perhaps PvP but with these ridicilous costs I just wont be doing that.

You could say level another char, but why would I want to do that when I'm 50, I will want to see the level 50 content, get gear, not level another char because I like to heal aswell.

And it all affects you anyway, in every single MMO people are crying because of lack of healers/tanks, this solves the problem but then a different group of whiners emerge.

So you mean you cant heal in PvP instead you must dps?

Also, some people are not basement dwellers and don't want to hardcore it up and actually have jobs during the day, so relaxation and fun is something I want when I game, not frustration or being pidgeonholed into a spec.

Found this extremly fun comment those who doesnt like dual specc is basement dwellers which then you imply that you dont play much .

But then when respecc cost resets every week it isnt enough because you respecc way more which means you do play alot more which implies you are a basement dweller

Edited by Varghjerta