The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why do you hate Vette?

Belarrasus

The title is the question, after seeing how everyone really bags on this companion I was just wondering...why?

Personally, I like her companion quest/storyline. She is my second-favorite companion, second to Pierce (crudeness is epic). I wonder why eveyone even prefers darkside sadistic pyscho-witch Jaesa to her as a romance option. I mean unless you're into that :tran_smile:

Because to be honest while i really really really like Vette, she just feel more like a little sister to me, than a potential romance option, that simple really :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't hate Vette. She got great character but tbh I just dont think it fits with a Sith. Tho if I could have her for my Bounty Hunter or Smuggler She would be AMAZING

I think that is exactly why they did it. To add a dichotomy to the character. To make you really think about your choices. There seems to be at least one of those kinds of characters with every class.

You can't hate Vette. She got great character but tbh I just dont think it fits with a Sith. Tho if I could have her for my Bounty Hunter or Smuggler She would be AMAZING

Totally need as BH...wish you could pick companions for your class, that'd be cool.

I absolutely love vette. There is just something about her attitude that totally amuses me, always some sort of witty comeback.

Plus, I like to keep her around because it makes me lol so hard every single time she facepalms at something I do.

She's almost as hilarious as M4-1X. The only companion that I would take over vette would be HK-47, but unfortunately that is not one of our choices

I dont hate vette, she is actually a cool personality but her voice wears on me. kind of reminds me of the twilek gal with the wookie in kotor (cant remember her name off hand) but her voice drove me nuts. Plus i would like to hear another companion talking during space missions instead of her all the time. they should have mixed them up to give you more variety.

After playing my deception assassin for a while and getting Khem Val then starting a juggy and getting Vette; all I have to say is that I want to kiss the person who decided to put her in game.

Her attitude is hilarious.

DPS is crazy.

And she out tanks Khem no sweat.

I ended up making my SW go LS just to keep Vette happy :)

kalto is not a lightsider

• 4 weeks later...

Vette to me is annoying and it grates on me that my SW is saddled with her. I play my SW as a bloodthirsty butcher because, to be honest, it feels refreshing to run people through at times rather than work things out like carebears.

I'm creeping up to lvl30 and her collar is still on and every dialogue I get with her that has a [shock Vette] option I always take. I had one side conversation were she asks, yet again, to remove the collar. I do so, figuring maybe she's broken enough to be useful and realize there's no escape....her next line is "what so this is some kind of sick game? you think you've broken me and now I don't need the collar?!" I chose "Kidding! [put collar back on]" and snickered all the while she was pulling the pouty teenage girl attitude.

Once I got another companion (a healer woots! WHY do the JK Sentinel's have to wait 'till like 37ish to get their healer?!), I never used her on any further missions. She stays chaind up to a bulkhead in the back of the ship somewhere until I can find the time to sell her to a Hutt and make a little proffit. Otherwise the spacing option just vents expensive atmosphere out of my ship.

...hmm....though, maybe I'll just freeze her in carbonite, then strap her to the front of the ship like a hood ornament!! OMG I MUST FIND A CARBONITE UNIT!!!!

The shame of it all is that the acress who voices her also voiced Leia in the other games!

Edited by Relinthal

I don't understand the guy who moaned about Vette ************ about your choices. The companions never comment on anything you do, they just lose or gain points. Really not something to get your knickers twisted over. I never chose the "good" option just for Vette's sake, but she was still swimming in affection. It's not all "dark" and "light" with companions. Some dark choices she actually gains points for.

on the bh mako will say why did u do that if u kill random people

I hate Vette because she's more of a clown than a proper foil... which is to say that she's more Jar-Jar Binks to Vader than she is Han Solo to Luke. She isn't funny, and she can't help but be all 'up in yo grill.'

She doesn't really bring anything to my team, either. I run a tight ship that looks almost like a military vessel between Quinn, Pierce and my loyal apprentice Jaesa. Vette, with her hatred of all things 'authority,' really doesn't fit in with that picture.

But if you want me to break it down, I hate Vette because:

1) She's flippant. The first time she insulted Sith anything; architecture, cities, statues, my personal ambitions -- I would expect my character to kill her in the blink of an eye, without even giving it a second thought. She's just a worthless slave, after all, and I didn't even pay for her.

2) She can equip a blaster rifle, but can't fight with it. 'Nuff said. This annoys me to no end.

3) She bugs Quinn. If Quinn can smell a rat, so can I.

4) She's an alien. I'm a traditional Sith. I hate aliens (and particularly Twi'leks).

5) Her story is attrocious. 'Oh, woe is me this, woe is me that.' By all means, Vette, leave.

6) Her voice actress is same idiot who did Mission Vao. Do I really need to say anything else? I had Zalbaar rip Mission's arms off.

7) WOOOO! BOOOOM! YEAAAAH! IF I DIE, I'M GOING TO HAUNT YOU. :mad:

8) And, finally, she is nasty, concentration-camp-thin. I like curves. Vette is a pencil.

Edited by AJediKnight

I hate Vette because she's more of a clown than a proper foil... which is to say that she's more Jar-Jar Binks to Vader than she is Han Solo to Luke. She isn't funny, and she can't help but be all 'up in yo grill.'

She doesn't really bring anything to my team, either. I run a tight ship that looks almost like a military vessel between Quinn, Pierce and my loyal apprentice Jaesa. Vette, with her hatred of all things 'authority,' really doesn't fit in with that picture.

But if you want me to break it down, I hate Vette because:

1) She's flippant. The first time she insulted Sith anything; architecture, cities, statues, my personal ambitions -- I would expect my character to kill her in the blink of an eye, without even giving it a second thought. She's just a worthless slave, after all, and I didn't even pay for her.

2) She can equip a blaster rifle, but can't fight with it. 'Nuff said. This annoys me to no end.

3) She bugs Quinn. If Quinn can smell a rat, so can I.

4) She's an alien. I'm a traditional Sith. I hate aliens (and particularly Twi'leks).

5) Her story is attrocious. 'Oh, woe is me this, woe is me that.' By all means, Vette, leave.

6) Her voice actress is same idiot who did Mission Vao. Do I really need to say anything else? I had Zalbaar rip Mission's arms off.

7) WOOOO! BOOOOM! YEAAAAH! IF I DIE, I'M GOING TO HAUNT YOU. :mad:

8) And, finally, she is nasty, concentration-camp-thin. I like curves. Vette is a pencil.

VERY well said! #7 applies to space missions for me as well.

I dont hate her but she's a huge buzzkill. I'm sick of those negative points pop up everytime I want to do something ******. And Jaesa supports my cruelty, so Jaesa wins. Plus how can you not love Jaesa's deliciously evil comments?

After playing my deception assassin for a while and getting Khem Val then starting a juggy and getting Vette; all I have to say is that I want to kiss the person who decided to put her in game.

Her attitude is hilarious.

DPS is crazy.

And she out tanks Khem no sweat.

I ended up making my SW go LS just to keep Vette happy :)

bolded and enlarged the important part. Vette has to be the most comical companion you get as far as her reactions to what you are doing. True she may not like outright massacre but considering I play a SW who is mildly fanatical and likes to stick it to authority, we get together wonderfully.

The mild hits to affection I take with her are nothing to the gains for less sadistic dialogue choices. I don't go all *rawr sith smash* all options but still have plenty of darkside going.