G4 Review of SWTOR

Jedalore

http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/61502/star-wars-the-old-republic/review/

If you haven't read it yet, go ahead. I've been waiting for some official reviews to hit so all these QQ sheep would shut up, and we finally have one.

It's the only official review I've read so far, so if anyone knows of any others, please post them and enlighten us.

As for this review... I agree with it. Duh.

Edited by Jedalore

http://http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/61502/star-wars-the-old-republic/review/

If you haven't read it yet, go ahead. I've been waiting for some official reviews to hit so all these QQ sheep would shut up, and we finally have one.

It's the only official review I've read so far, so if anyone knows of any others, please post them and enlighten us.

People reviewing the game play like 2 hours and get to level 10. We all agree up to level 10 is amazing. It's when you start getting into those 40+ levels the game starts to **** on you. 40+ had less than a month of beta testing so pretty much everything is broken

Good day sir.

http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/61502/star-wars-the-old-republic/review/

These are the same people that said MW3 and BF3 were flawless games and innovative.

Fantastic find.

People reviewing the game play like 2 hours and get to level 10. We all agree up to level 10 is amazing. It's when you start getting into those 40+ levels the game starts to **** on you. 40+ had less than a month of beta testing so pretty much everything is broken

Good day sir.

"Yet, after nearly a hundred hours of play time on numerous classes, I have to admit that, as far as I am concerned, they have actually done it."

Yeah, good day sir.

"Yet, after nearly a hundred hours of play time on numerous classes, I have to admit that, as far as I am concerned, they have actually done it."

Yeah, good day sir.

Yeah...he played numerous classes. I doubt he spent 20 hours on one character.

The metacritic review based on publications is 87/100.

The metacritic review based on users is 6.1

The people who are playing the game decide how good it is. You could post 10 links to websites that state this game is 100/100, hands down the best game ever made in gaming history, without debate. Guess what? It doesn't matter if the people who are playing the game don't like it.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that some of us like this game and some of us don't? Reviews have zero impact on YOUR GAMEPLAY.

I've read the review, and for the most part I think it's a fair one. It does point out the aspect that the game is somewhat designed for mmo vets, but leaves out the glaring fact that the game fails to deliver many of the features, or features deigned in the way, that mmo vets want to have in the mmos they play nowadays.

So in short.

Made for vets, but not inviting to vets.

The people who are playing the game decide how good it is. You could post 10 links to websites that state this game is 100/100, hands down the best game ever made in gaming history, without debate. Guess what? It doesn't matter if the people who are playing the game don't like it.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that some of us like this game and some of us don't? Reviews have zero impact on YOUR GAMEPLAY.

Metacritic user reviews are not valid in the least. When people who would make accounts just to downvote the game and not ever play it have unlimited ability to do so the resulting review should be discarded.

And who can access Metacritic to post reviews? WoW fans, 4chan (who hate Bioware with a passion), and other such sources of scum on the internet.

Your argument fails.

Edited by Captain_Failure

Go look at metacritic community based scores for both games and the comments they put, can't be bothered to elaborate any further on that one.

Yet people still buy these games in full force every year. The metacritic community score is usually nothing but a bunch of haters and fanbois pumping the score up and down. Look at how many people give the game a "0" score...yeah, i'm gonna agree with that :rolleyes:

I still don't get the point of the post I quoted. What do those games scores have to do with SWTORs?

Exactly!

For me this is the most enjoyable game out of all others and thats all that matters

EDIT: but there are a sh*tload of bugs that the DEVs really need to work on....

Edited by alrighto

You imply that it didn't get an 8/10 in the review in question.

No that wasn't implied, the review that was linked after shows that a real gamer has sat down after giving it a good go and documented the issues as well as the good things.

ya know that a lot of haters that didnt give the game a chance went to metacritic and gave the game 0's. that score isnt very accurate.

Metacritic user reviews are not valid in the least. When people who would make accounts just to downvote the game and not ever play it have unlimited ability to do so the resulting review should be discarded.

And who can access Metacritic to post reviews? WoW fans, 4chan (who hate Bioware with a passion), and other such sources of scum on the internet.

Your argument fails.

There are as many fanboy reviews as there are hater reviews, go take a look for yourself. I know you won't because it somehow matters to you, but you should at least consider the idea that not everyone thinks that this is an amazing game and no amount of professional reviewing is going to change that.

5/5 LMFAO what a scam. Totally useless review all of them are because they get paid advertisement dollars.

This game is 2.5/5 MAX and more like 2/5

5/5 rolling.... LOL

Edited by tsbond