PvP Frustrations and Imbalances

Naroga

After finally hitting 50 today, I have a couple of PvP concerns I've noticed while leveling up (and doing more matches today)

1) Matches can let in more than 8 players. I just finished an Alderaan match that had 9 Imperials.

2) There are a disproportionate amount of Sith Inquisitors and Bounty Hunters. That match that had 9 players? 8 of them were Sith Inquisitors and the 9th was a Bounty Hunter.

3) The bubble for the Sith Inquisitor is too strong. As a level 50 Jedi Sentinel, I barely broke one of the bubbles before dying against an Inquisitor.

4) Duration of stuns and the amount of knockbacks. As a melee class, this is most noticeable for me. When going up against a team that is primarily ranged, I can't even get into melee range before dying. Bounty Hunters / Inquisitors tear me up. I get knocked back when I force leap and then stunned / slowed into oblivion.

5) Since the last patch, I don't get quest credit for about half of my wins. Before dinging 50, I needed 3 wins before the daily PvP quest registered. After dinging 50, only one of my three wins counted for my daily. This is extremely irritating.

I know that there aren't too many level 50's, and the real problems won't surface until matches are even level. However, I think that these issues at the moment are the most annoying.

After finally hitting 50 today, I have a couple of PvP concerns I've noticed while leveling up (and doing more matches today)

1) Matches can let in more than 8 players. I just finished an Alderaan match that had 9 Imperials.

2) There are a disproportionate amount of Sith Inquisitors and Bounty Hunters. That match that had 9 players? 8 of them were Sith Inquisitors and the 9th was a Bounty Hunter.

3) The bubble for the Sith Inquisitor is too strong. As a level 50 Jedi Sentinel, I barely broke one of the bubbles before dying against an Inquisitor.

4) Duration of stuns and the amount of knockbacks. As a melee class, this is most noticeable for me. When going up against a team that is primarily ranged, I can't even get into melee range before dying. Bounty Hunters / Inquisitors tear me up. I get knocked back when I force leap and then stunned / slowed into oblivion.

5) Since the last patch, I don't get quest credit for about half of my wins. Before dinging 50, I needed 3 wins before the daily PvP quest registered. After dinging 50, only one of my three wins counted for my daily. This is extremely irritating.

I know that there aren't too many level 50's, and the real problems won't surface until matches are even level. However, I think that these issues at the moment are the most annoying.

My guess is that you were dying so quickly was because you just hit lvl 50. Since the patch you are now against lvl 50 players only and most of them have had time to get some good epic or pvp gear which you don't have. Just because you get owned in a pvp match doesn't mean its unbalanced its just that you don't have your character geared for pvp just yet.

My guess is that you were dying so quickly was because you just hit lvl 50. Since the patch you are now against lvl 50 players only and most of them have had time to get some good epic or pvp gear which you don't have. Just because you get owned in a pvp match doesn't mean its unbalanced its just that you don't have your character geared for pvp just yet.

All of the inquisitors I've played against while leveling could not be epic geared. Nor could all of the level 50 ones I've encountered.

Gear aside, the fact that the bubble absorbs so much, in addition to the knockbacks and stuns, is frustrating. Also, having 9 people in a match has nothing to do with gear.

he is half right, in world pvp for instance (there is none by the way), pvp geared chars, decimate anyone in quest gear utterly...because they are showered in freebes just for logging into a battleground farming instance. While we in world pvp have to work for every kill even though if your reall lucky you might get 3-4 kills a day.

Not to mention the fact that its all Sith, 17 reds I have come across today an every single one was a Sith... it's basically World of jedicraft in tor.

Because everyone is too busy sitting in fleet station all day farming BG.

What this guy said is the truth. You need to get 'expertise' gear so that you take less damage from other players.

yea these are bugs that do exist, but 3 and 4 are just QQ.

You have a skill that makes you UNKILLABLE for 6 seconds, and with 2 pieces of pvp gear the cd is reduced.

cmon.

he is half right, in world pvp for instance (there is none by the way), pvp geared chars, decimate anyone in quest gear utterly...because they are showered in freebes just for logging into a battleground farming instance. While we in world pvp have to work for every kill even though if your reall lucky you might get 3-4 kills a day.

Not to mention the fact that its all Sith, 17 reds I have come across today an every single one was a Sith... it's basically World of jedicraft in tor.

Because everyone is too busy sitting in fleet station all day farming BG.

I'm sure your tune will change when they release the open world incentive based PvP.

The fact that you are so prejudiced against people who play in warzones makes you somewhat of a **** and there really wasn't any need for it. I can imagine that those people in Warzones who 'get freebies' will have much more PvP experience than you in the long run and be able to easily crush you. Maybe you should play some Warzones and get more experience at PvP before you call an entire demography out.

yea these are bugs that do exist, but 3 and 4 are just QQ.

You have a skill that makes you UNKILLABLE for 6 seconds, and with 2 pieces of pvp gear the cd is reduced.

cmon.

Sure, it's QQ, and we won't really have a good idea of class balance until there are more level 50's.

However, when most WZ's are Sith Inquisitors / Bounty Hunters, you might have a problem...

Most likely there was never 9 imperials in the game at once, but one left and another joined with the first imperial's stats being left on the scoreboard at the end.

Of course, perhaps you counted 9 and there was some glitch. I'd wonder as a Sentinel why you were just standing around counting opposing toons.

And, as you get gear, you'll find that bubble doesn't provide as much resistance as you think it does now. You will be able to hit hard and have little trouble with sorcs 1v1, assuming you play correctly. Nerfing the shield which will largely be ineffective against you when you have gear because you want it to be ineffective now while you don't have gear probably doesn't make sense.

Assuming you like pvp and plan on playing quite a bit more, you should probably wait to judge until you get some more gear. Cracking 50 isn't the end of the tunnel, it's the beginning of the champion bag lottery.

Congratulations on taking the day you hit 50 and still have no gear to determine what's fair and what is overpowered. It is very unfair that you are not destroying everything right out of the block.

However, when most WZ's are Sith Inquisitors / Bounty Hunters, you might have a problem...

Ever wonder perhaps this is just your luck/your server?

My brother says whenever he does WZs, about 75% of the team are Inquisitors (Sins, Sorcerers). But on the server I play on, the representation is quite even, with the exception of Snipers (which are always low, but even so some games we have 2-3).

Edited by Sabbathius

I find it amusing how I used dispatch, which hit for like 2.4k, and the sorc boubble was still up. Meanwhile he killed me, and the match started with him at 30% and me at 90%.......

Most likely there was never 9 imperials in the game at once, but one left and another joined with the first imperial's stats being left on the scoreboard at the end.

Of course, perhaps you counted 9 and there was some glitch. I'd wonder as a Sentinel why you were just standing around counting opposing toons.

And, as you get gear, you'll find that bubble doesn't provide as much resistance as you think it does now. You will be able to hit hard and have little trouble with sorcs 1v1, assuming you play correctly. Nerfing the shield which will largely be ineffective against you when you have gear because you want it to be ineffective now while you don't have gear probably doesn't make sense.

Assuming you like pvp and plan on playing quite a bit more, you should probably wait to judge until you get some more gear. Cracking 50 isn't the end of the tunnel, it's the beginning of the champion bag lottery.

Congratulations on taking the day you hit 50 and still have no gear to determine what's fair and what is overpowered. It is very unfair that you are not destroying everything right out of the block.

I've said multiple times that the balance won't be apparent until there are more level 50's. I was just listing my experiences while PvP'ing from 10 - 50 and a bit at 50. Until there are level 50 only brackets, not being able to break an Inquisitor's bubble IS an issue. Being slowed and stunned to the point of uselessness IS an issue.

These are issues currently. They may not be an issue in a month or two.

hahahhaha welcome to the Sentinel / marauders.. dude you wish you rolled a tank looool

Just wanna add that yesterday night in WZ ive had once 9 in my team. Ive seen that not by counting but by looking at my team bar.

Edited by MEdiKLEZ

I find it amusing how I used dispatch, which hit for like 2.4k, and the sorc boubble was still up. Meanwhile he killed me, and the match started with him at 30% and me at 90%.......

Been there, done that. Maybe it's just a Sentinel / Marauder issue...

I've said multiple times that the balance won't be apparent until there are more level 50's. I was just listing my experiences while PvP'ing from 10 - 50 and a bit at 50. Until there are level 50 only brackets, not being able to break an Inquisitor's bubble IS an issue. Being slowed and stunned to the point of uselessness IS an issue.

These are issues currently. They may not be an issue in a month or two.

Bubbles aside, it seems your two main complaints are the large amount of sorcs and being focused down by classes that have slows/disables. Firstly, its star wars dude. Sorcs shoot lightning, that's why I picked mine. There are and forever will be loads of em, though my server seems somewhat balanced. Secondly, start running premades and learn to PvP in a group. Till then your sniveling does about as much good as sitting in the corner sucking your thumb.

I see just as many Sages and Troopers. Your argument is invalid.

you could learn a thing or 2 from this guy:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=133459

Sentinels hit like a truck. I know I leveled one in beta and was on top of the damage meters with 150 - 200k at lvl 18. Force sweep is a ridiculously good ability. AOE is king in a game where healers have no chance of healing through the hp deficit.

Also don't blow your charge until after the knockback. I see bad sentinels open with this .... why? Can't wait 2 seconds before engaging.

Edited by Orangerascal

I've seen a sentinel CRUSH and I mean CRUSH 5 people alone while carrying the ball on huttball with me as a healer on his back. He literally tore people to shreds in 3 GCDs hitting for 6k+. Unbelievable, I've never felt better as a healer before. Really.

Get ur gear then smash dem. :)

Regards,

Kalantris

Edited by Kalantris

1-If you look in result sith inquisitor, this is not only sorcerer.lmao.

2-Operatives are op with damage 3k-5k and inmortals with heals fulls.

3-Marauder can hit you 4k easy

4-Sniper can hit you 3k easy

5-Comando can hit you 2k+2k+2k in 2 second.

6-etc

The times you see more than 8 people on each team on the scoreboard, is when somebody has left the game and they have been replaced.

The score of those that has left still get shown on the scoreboard.

We were 11man in huttball yesterday , was on the ops frame at the start of the match and was that way till the end and also on the scoreboard we were with 11.

The times you see more than 8 people on each team on the scoreboard, is when somebody has left the game and they have been replaced.

The score of those that has left still get shown on the scoreboard.

I was also in a Voidzone yesterday with 9 people on my team in the raid frames.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.