How to see your toon with high res textures

Corpeus

Since the high res textures still aren't enabled even though they claim to have fixed it with the last patch you can get a peak at your toon in high res.

Go to your ship and click on the holocron terminal or the one on the table and for a second you'll see what the game is suppose to look like and how bad it really looks right now in comparison.

Bioware please fix this crap yesterday. It's ridiculous that you don't have High res enabled by now.

I would also love to see this thing with decent textures seeing as I have a beastly rig and I am a texture artist myself i bet the 2d guys at BW are super POed that their work isn't being displayed at it's best...is there already an open topic on this somewhere? Does anyone have idea when or if a fix is coming?

I would also love to see this thing with decent textures seeing as I have a beastly rig and I am a texture artist myself i bet the 2d guys at BW are super POed that their work isn't being displayed at it's best...is there already an open topic on this somewhere? Does anyone have idea when or if a fix is coming?

Somebody call MANAGEMENT!!!!

..mhm...yes, yes... ..wa- WHAT?!?!? THEY'RE ON HOLIDAY?!?!?

Funny thing they said they fixed it in the last patch lol. this is 2 times they posted the same work around to fix it in the last 2 patches and still doesn't work.

Sorry, they did not say they fixed it.

They said this:

"Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use."

There's nothing in that statement that has anything to do with high resolution textures.

Sorry, they did not say they fixed it.

They said this:

"Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use."

There's nothing in that statement that has anything to do with high resolution textures.

QFT.

/char

This is really, really frustrating. Bioware hasn't even acknowledged it in their thread on known issues. I will have leveled my main to 50 and never even have seen the armor in a non-hideous resolution. When is this going to be fixed? For all the talk about getting rid of unify to chestpiece so that we could appreciate the design team's work, it seems that the lack of non-appalling textures is far more harmful to the game's art and look. Seriously, the level of detail is just embarrassing for a title in 2012.

Since the high res textures still aren't enabled even though they claim to have fixed it with the last patch you can get a peak at your toon in high res.

The developers did not claim to fix the textures in that last patch... :rolleyes:

You are obviously referring to this:

Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.

Which does NOT say that hi-res textures have been fixed.

This is really, really frustrating. Bioware hasn't even acknowledged it in their thread on known issues. I will have leveled my main to 50 and never even have seen the armor in a non-hideous resolution. When is this going to be fixed? For all the talk about getting rid of unify to chestpiece so that we could appreciate the design team's work, it seems that the lack of non-appalling textures is far more harmful to the game's art and look. Seriously, the level of detail is just embarrassing for a title in 2012.

They have acknowledged it, it just isn't in that thread. They said they know it's an issue and a fix is coming. My guess is that it's either more difficult to implement than we think, or it's like shadows in that it completely screws up your FPS regardless of rig capability.

You can see yourself in the right textures (if you have an ATI card) by changing the 'MitMap Detail Level' setting in your drivers to be high quality.

If you dont have the setting in your drivers then get ATI Tray Tools. I can confirm that this works and you will see the correct textures.

You can see yourself in the right textures (if you have an ATI card) by changing the 'MitMap Detail Level' setting in your drivers to be high quality.

If you dont have the setting in your drivers then get ATI Tray Tools. I can confirm that this works and you will see the correct textures.

MitMap settings were removed from the Catalyst drivers ages ago.

I can't say I see any actual difference between low and medium textures at all; I'm wondering if medium is actually even in the game because it just looks atrocious. The cutscenes do seem to intermittently display in high-res textures, but it's just painful seeing the level of blur on your armor for 90 percent of the game. Edited by cblackstar

MitMap settings were removed from the Catalyst drivers ages ago.

Use the tray tools (thats what I am doing). I'm telling you, I had this problem and I googled a bunch and found some old threads on this forum that contained the fix. If you get the tray tools and set this then the game will look great.

Mine used to look like crap to the point I didn't event want to play because of this issue. Have been running it for weeks now with the high res textures and it looks awesome.

Even with high resolution textures this game's graphics are unimpressive (played all of beta with high resolution textures). TOR looks like a game that's already three years old so it's not like we're missing much.

*Looks at the high res textures in cut-scenes.*

*Looks at your post.*

*Looks back at the high res textures.*

Yeah, nope! Don't know what games you've been playing so far, but they even modeled in things like freckles, dimples, and moles on the characters. Nevermind the overall detail itself.

I can't say I see any actual difference between low and medium textures at all; I'm wondering if medium is actually even in the game because it just looks atrocious. The cutscenes do seem to intermittently display in high-res textures, but it's just painful seeing the level of blur on your armor for 90 percent of the game.

Selecting "high", currently, seems to basically select "medium". I only see the screen flicker and change when I switch between low and medium, no effect and no change if I then select high.