The amount of needless agro in this is ridiculous

kingsab

Your choice. If are you just to lazy to actually fight to get to a quest target....By all means lets dumb the game down to appease /facepalm

Take your "I'm so hardcore" attitude elsewhere, please. I survived through Ultima Online PvP, I'm more hardcore than you could ever be.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to think of it as their replacements coming, unless it's a boss that respawned.

What about when republic forces actually show up and say the place is secured? Or in the case of Tatooine's world story, when the evil responsible is eliminated?

Take your "I'm so hardcore" attitude elsewhere, please. I survived through Ultima Online PvP, I'm more hardcore than you could ever be.

Make the SWTOR NPC's loot players on death and sell their stuff and then see how people feel :p

Pluuuezzz get off your soapbox it's embarrassing,,,,,,

Were you even alive during Ultima Online? I don't think you're older than 15. Anyway, you can't talk to me unless you at least know what a true hardcore, challenging MMO is. So good bye.

Just remove mobs entirely and make all quest targets enemy players. Who are then 100% lootable, of course.

I'm down for it but I want them to be rocking the classic UO gank gear to REALLY satisfy the oldschool. Skull mask, dyed robe, and a poisoned kryss/warfork.

Or stick a dozen players around your travel/rez point to 4 shot ya with heavy crossbows lmao

The amount of times I've had to do a quest, but be forced to wade through 50+ enemy troops to get to one objective, and then wade through another 20+ to get the the final objective, and, if my warp is down, go through the entire place again to get out is ridiculous.

There needs to be a far better way to avoid agro. Speeders don't work, because they blow up as soon as you take damage. Running doesn't work, as the mobs are spread so thickly that you can't outrun one group without agroing another. My awful Sith marauder "stealth" doesn't do jack ****.

Something needs to be done about this. It makes questing extremely tedious.

You're suggesting the Skyrim approach, then, at least? ((You have to go through hell to blah blah the blah blah, but at least there is a convenient way hidden to get out of blah blah. *Pulls lever next to dead boss* ))

I'd suggest a better system of FT, similar to that of KOTOR. Lets say, any time there's SKY above you, you can call your ship in and it'll pick ya up in 30-60 seconds or so (at the cost of fuel, of course). That way, the other Fast Travel options we have that have longer cool downs will only be used whilst spelunking in dungeons and the like.

And everyone lived happily ever after? >.>

Sometimes I use death as a means of travel. Done it in every mmo I have played. Think of the money to fix your gear as cab fare.
I do that. It's A LOT quicker than fighting your way back out of the area you just took 10-15min to get to.

The problem is, it's already ridiculously fast/easy to level. The only thing stopping people from reaching 50 in 2 days are the silly mob spawns.

I agree that it's annoying, but MMOs have gotten so easy, that removing what minor obstructions still remain will be the final blow.

/shrug. If fighting all those mobs really annoys you that much, run past them until you die, then res /repeat. All you suffer there is a repair bill.

There is a way to bypass all that, it's called dying lol.

The problem is, it's already ridiculously fast/easy to level. The only thing stopping people from reaching 50 in 2 days are the silly mob spawns.

I agree that it's annoying, but MMOs have gotten so easy, that removing what minor obstructions still remain will be the final blow.

/shrug. If fighting all those mobs really annoys you that much, run past them until you die, then res /repeat. All you suffer there is a repair bill.

As I said, that's what I've been doing. But the fact that I felt like that was actually a viable option just screams bad game design.

Also, they really need to just relabel sith warrior stealth's tooltip to "Doesn't do anything, why did we even bother including this skill?" instead of the long winded description they have.

Edited by kingsab

This.

MMO's have been made so casual and so easy that very few time sinks remain. Post WoW MMO's are so easy to play there is almost no reward or feeling of accomplishment. Less annoying means easier and any easier means they might as well give us a 50,000 xp each time we press 1, 2, 3, 4.

This.

MMO's have been made so casual and so easy that very few time sinks remain. Post WoW MMO's are so easy to play there is almost no reward or feeling of accomplishment. Less annoying means easier and any easier means they might as well give us a 50,000 xp each time we press 1, 2, 3, 4.

True, in part. The thing is BW couldn't even raise the EXP needed for each level since people would then quickly run out of quests to level on. They need these ridiculous time sinks because the core design is flawed.

This.

Game companies figured out they make more money if they're not catering to the basement-dwelling 20-something guys who have 20 hours of gaming time every day.

You know what gaming companies also figured out? Content that's hard to complete also sells better than content that simply takes a long time to complete.

The days of something in an MMO taking 300 days to accomplish are gone. I won't mourn them. Time isn't skill and it never was.