I don't need no second lightsaber...do i?

Kung_Fu_Tuba

what previous poster said. I can without any problems defeat a room full of enemies on my jugernaut with just one lightsaber, you just unfortunately choose the wrong class. Edited by Gerdo

I use one lightsaber as a sentinel and the reason behind is I don't agre that we should be forced to use two. The juyo and ataru stances are not two saber style only forms. We do have the choice to use one or two sabers, so those of us who like the look of one should not be penalized. I also think a guardian should be able to wield two sabers or even a double but so far as stated we are limited to what we can and can't do.

However I did go through the trees and I am only loosing two attacks for my Sentinel because of the single blade.

I use one lightsaber as a sentinel and the reason behind is I don't agre that we should be forced to use two. The juyo and ataru stances are not two saber style only forms. We do have the choice to use one or two sabers, so those of us who like the look of one should not be penalized. I also think a guardian should be able to wield two sabers or even a double but so far as stated we are limited to what we can and can't do.

However I did go through the trees and I am only loosing two attacks for my Sentinel because of the single blade.

Why wouldn't you just play guardian?... lol

Do you drive your car with only two tires as well?

You lose more than that

As has been posted already, if you don't wield a second saber, you lose all the potential bonuses that would come from filling the off hand saber slots with mods.

You only really get stats and access to several attacks from the second saber. The damage doesn't scale correctly with it. My 2nd saber has a damage of 115-145, but on my paperdoll and from watching my attacks hit, I'm only getting 38-75 from its offhand attacks. Kinda stupid.

Sure, Guardians and Sentinels should know how to use all the different saber types. Just like I know how to use a hand-and-half sword, a longsword, and a spear. But in terms of gameplay balancing, they have to limit our abilities somewhat. A Guardian using two sabers loses access to Shields, which is needed for tanking. Worse yet, the saberstaff would be horrible for a tank to deflect most attacks. Two sabers and saberstaff are offensive weapons. They are meant to attack before your enemy. Single sabers are good for defense. This is just my opinion, however. I don't want to see all weapons by all classes. It takes some of the individuality of the classes away. Any shred of individuality is good, seeing as the only armor that Sentinels get looks like robes unless they want to rock Tech Armor oranges, which is what I do. Guardians at least have armor that looks like armor. And some of them don't even have hoods. Every bit of Sentinel armor, with the exception of a few oranges, has a hood attached.

Sorry, got to ranting a bit off topic. Go ahead and rock a single saber as a Sentinel. You'll be a bit gimped with stats and the poorly scaling extra damage in normal attacks, larger damage from the top end attacks from the spec tree. Otherwise, roll Guardian and rock the single saber correctly.

No, I didn't drive my car with two tires, be mighty hard to explain why I only had two if the cops pulled e over... :p

But I do agree with all of you about hamstringing myself with one lightsaber for a sentinel...

Its a shame, cause I like some of the moves from the sentinel but also the guardian AC as well.

I may just end up rerolling my sentinel as a guardian. Im going to hope tho that down the road a future patch or major update fro the devs will give all classes a bit more room with weapon choices.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.