Where is the promised "Random Draw" Huttball games? Am I missing something?

ColdLogic

I was really looking forward to playing with sith on my team as a republic player and vice versa... you know "Players Chosen By Random Draw" like the announcer says before every single game.

Yet I've never seen a random draw occur, maybe they have it planned in the future?

I would really like to see sith on my team as a republic player, I thought huttball was advertised to be a mix and match warzone.

Any news on this?

I would enjoy it but unfortunately bioware doesn't believe the playerbase is mature enough to play with let alone communicate with the other faction.

If they won't even let us chat them they sure as **** won't be putting us on teams together anytime soon.

It was horrible when it existed. So much fighting and people intentionally causing their team to lose to screw the other faction.

I think it would work out just fine if everyone had colored helmets or capes that showed who was on your team.

Wasn't this how it was described and shown in the Huttball PvP trailer? Not faction vs. faction, but just team vs. team and random draw as to who is on which team? That's what I was looking forward to the most. Especially since Empire is rather sad on my server. It's a lucky draw as to if enough of the good players get on the team to win.

Wasn't this how it was described and shown in the Huttball PvP trailer? Not faction vs. faction, but just team vs. team and random draw as to who is on which team? That's what I was looking forward to the most. Especially since Empire is rather sad on my server. It's a lucky draw as to if enough of the good players get on the team to win.

Why did so many carebears go sith side. That's the real question.

I would enjoy it but unfortunately bioware doesn't believe the playerbase is mature enough to play with let alone communicate with the other faction.

If they won't even let us chat them they sure as **** won't be putting us on teams together anytime soon.

i had a republic chatting at me just fine in /say

That's exactly my point!

I think it would work out just fine if everyone had colored helmets or capes that showed who was on your team.

I'd rather slaughter and dismember the Republic worms than join with them in a match.

People like me is why it is like it is.

AAAAND

/1 in Huttball is fun

I'd rather slaughter and dismember the Republic worms than join with them in a match.

Then you would just play something else or get reported for hampering your team.

They would have ways in place to ban griefers.

Edited by ColdLogic

Did you even read his post? I don't think you did or you would have realized that he wasn't talking about not being able to recognize the people on your team.

He said there was FIGHTING and INTENTIONALLY THROWN GAMES.

On many PvP servers there are already serious guild rivalries amongst the empire and republic. Imagine if 2 republic players got on a team filled with their rivals? Not only does it leave the door open for ridiculous flame wars, but it would be too easy to purposefully throw games. Good luck trying to find a way to prove thrown games over bad play.

If i told you a soccer game between the Polish and the English was going to happen and it would be a random draw for players, would you expect English players to be on the Polish team?

Yes - because that's what you said.

Only, that's not what professional soccer is.

Idiot.

Yes - because that's what you said.

Only, that's not what professional soccer is.

Idiot.

Oh im sorry, i didnt know Empire and republic would be all buddy buddy and play on the same team. I guess i missed the memo [/sarcasm]

Huttball is supposed to be a sport, played by your faction. It would follow the same logic as my example.

Idiot.

You can speak to the opposite faction in /say unless something was stealthed in the today's patch. I've talked to Republic players in /say in Ilum...several times.

I'm with you on the "Players Chosen by Random Draw" when Hutball info was first released it was advertised that you would be playing with players of both factions but it would seem something was changed. I played in several of the "weekend" beta tests and I only did a few matches of Hutball but even then I did not team up with anyone of the opposite faction.