The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT PvP Spec?

InfernoUk

this is the other one i found,

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301RMurbzroZ0MZbIbbdh.1

any issues with that??

That's the One I've posted. It's what I use right now.

You just have issues, if you don't want the debuff, fine, if you don't want extra armor but more aim, 100% grapple stun, go for it. Things like taht. Pyro tree is pretty set, no room because you'd be wasting talents. It's the ST tree that you have some leeway.

That's the One I've posted. It's what I use right now.

You just have issues, if you don't want the debuff, fine, if you don't want extra armor but more aim, 100% grapple stun, go for it. Things like taht. Pyro tree is pretty set, no room because you'd be wasting talents. It's the ST tree that you have some leeway.

tried your spec and im getting less dmg per game, worse survivability and less medals than the old shield tech spec. what rotation / abilities u use?

tried your spec and im getting less dmg per game, worse survivability and less medals than the old shield tech spec. what rotation / abilities u use?

Then you haven't changed how you play. Stay in IGC. Open with Missle, RS, Jet Charge, RP, anytime RS procs RS, filler with Rp's, flame burst.

I'm getting more medals, doing 40-80k more damage, and same survival. I even had a 300k damage game, I never was close to that before, my max had been like 210k. I mean your only loosing 10% shield, which in PVP with all the force stuff is iffy if it's that beneficial, so survival should be close to same.

I'm also getting more medals, i'm getting single combat kill medals now with the potential for the 300k dam medal. But I get 9-12 medals every match. Before Like 8-11. So not huge diff in medals, just huge diff in Dam done.

Then you haven't changed how you play. Stay in IGC. Open with Missle, RS, Jet Charge, RP, anytime RS procs RS, filler with Rp's, flame burst.

I'm getting more medals, doing 40-80k more damage, and same survival. I even had a 300k damage game, I never was close to that before, my max had been like 210k. I mean your only loosing 10% shield, which in PVP with all the force stuff is iffy if it's that beneficial, so survival should be close to same.

I'm also getting more medals, i'm getting single combat kill medals now with the potential for the 300k dam medal. But I get 9-12 medals every match. Before Like 8-11. So not huge diff in medals, just huge diff in Dam done.

just played a game and got 9 medals but was mid table in dmg, all came from guard on the ball carrier and a 50k odd dmg

• 2 weeks later...
Could you link an example build? I'd like to take a look, thanks. The problem I see with using PT with ST is that PT depends on having combustible gas cylinder active.

Exactly----I am not seeing value in splitting points between two different stances---when do you switch? Why not go deeper into one stance then dump some points in Advanced prototypes for the electro surge and retractable blade and buff to cylinders and other goodies that don't matter which stance you are in?

this is probably covered somewhere, but I don't troll the forums and there are way to many threads on this topic--so pardon me if I repeat old ground.

My 2 cents: If you want to be viable in PvP, go 31 points into Pyro.

You can still pick up the parts of Shieldtech that mean anything (16% armor increase) and have a crapload of DPS to boot. I've been running a 7/3/31 build lately and still using Ion Gas Cylinder. I still have the vast majority of my defense, but can actually fend off attackers now instead of just waiting for them to get bored trying to kill me.

I'm working toward this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301uMhrdMboZ0MZfhMrzh.1

Unfortunately, if you're going anywhere in to the Pyro tree, you are required to use at least 3 points that buff Combustible Gas Cylinder, so those are wasted points if you intend on using Ion Gas Cylinder (and buffing that in ST).

Many of the other builds linked in this thread also don't get the 50% snare on Cylinder proc from ST or Pyro lines. I'm not sure why you would neglect these talents in PVP. The alternative seems to be regaining a small amount of heat when you are incapacitated (too situational for such a small gain to be useful IMO), or 1 point in ST.

I plan on respecing a few times at 50 to try out different things, this is just the build I'm going for while leveling/pvp.

My 2 cents: If you want to be viable in PvP, go 31 points into Pyro.

You can still pick up the parts of Shieldtech that mean anything (16% armor increase) and have a crapload of DPS to boot. I've been running a 7/3/31 build lately and still using Ion Gas Cylinder. I still have the vast majority of my defense, but can actually fend off attackers now instead of just waiting for them to get bored trying to kill me.

That actually sounds really good, I wish charge wasn't part of the ST tree, It seems like that's the main reason to go down ST for PVP builds.

Edited by Endur

What Gear do you use for pvp and HMs? Same gear?

Keep in mind I don't play parakeet much, but generally what's advised is for PVP use DPS gear but a shield generator in your off hand. For PVE obviously you would use full PVE tank set.

As for the DPS difference between parakeet and full pyro it's noticeable, however the damage output of the parakeet isn't anything to just sneeze at either it just isn't as high as full Pyro.

However you will not the mobility and surviability difference as well. You also gain the utility of being able to guard which is useful, stick with a healer keep each other alive, and you can do quite well.

Keep in mind I don't play parakeet much, but generally what's advised is for PVP use DPS gear but a shield generator in your off hand. For PVE obviously you would use full PVE tank set.

As for the DPS difference between parakeet and full pyro it's noticeable, however the damage output of the parakeet isn't anything to just sneeze at either it just isn't as high as full Pyro.

However you will not the mobility and surviability difference as well. You also gain the utility of being able to guard which is useful, stick with a healer keep each other alive, and you can do quite well.

Thanks for the feed back! I'll definitely give these options a try, i prefer mobility though so time to do some testing!

I really like this build I am going to try it on my lvl 40.

U should wait untill lvl 48 with that build to get the feeling on how good the build are since it very dependent on both the "end" points in ST and PT.

I switched to a 8/0/31 to keep snare on ICG. It gives me more DMG, almost same survabiltity since I get the Armor points that count for PvP and the abiltity to Guard who ever is next to me.

I dont miss Jet Charge at all. I triyed the 21/2/18 build again just to test with Jet Charge, but I felt gimped since I lost alot of DMG that u need now that ppl are getting PvP gear. I Jet Charged in, but lacked the DMG, so it was a wasted Jet Charge ^^

has anyone considered a rocket punch focused spec wearing the combat tech pvp gear?

the spec would look something like this...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301RRrrbMboMZZbIbbdh.1

i know the norm is to pick up puncture but with the combat tech pvp 4 piece your looking at a rocket punch that would crit 70% of the time with 30% extra crit damage. im not sure how the numbers line up but that seems like it could compete with going 2/3 into puncture with the merc pvp set.

the 2 piece set for combat tech looks to be somewhat useful also where the 2 piece for the merc set is useless.

has anyone considered a rocket punch focused spec wearing the combat tech pvp gear?

the spec would look something like this...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301RRrrbMboMZZbIbbdh.1

i know the norm is to pick up puncture but with the combat tech pvp 4 piece your looking at a rocket punch that would crit 70% of the time with 30% extra crit damage. im not sure how the numbers line up but that seems like it could compete with going 2/3 into puncture with the merc pvp set.

the 2 piece set for combat tech looks to be somewhat useful also where the 2 piece for the merc set is useless.

Does the Combat Tech bonus still break Carbonize, or was that fixed?