Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

We Hate Huttball

AnimalAl

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love huttball. It's the best and most tactical warfront in any mmo i've played so far. Knockbacks might be very annoying, but that just makes you look for other tactics to avoid getting knocked off.

Problem might be that as Empire you get no other games than huttball. For me as republic it's the opposite, hardly get any huttball games. :(

They will be implementing it soon where you can pick which QZ to play...

Then when the queue's are 1 hr long for empire and 5 minutes for republic they will start to QQ. Its ok though because i will be rolling in Valor, commendations & PvP Gear while you wait for your WZ to pop...

=D

I get the argument that huttball comes up too often for Empire players... but the argument against huttball in general is pretty weak - most of it is by non-50's who just simply can't compete with 50's who have all those abilities that make huttball that much more fun.

Saying that you hate huttball is like saying you hate CTF in general. Essentially you take a classic CTF map from any game, remove the flags and put one flag in the middle of the map and make handing the flag off a little easier - you have huttball. Do you also hate CTF? If so, then I guess it's just not a style of PvP you enjoy playing and yes, maybe they should add in a way to only queue the types of PvP that you like.

Personally, I enjoy playing against other Empire as well as Republic in huttball and adding in team sport style PvP mini-games like huttball is something I'd like to see more and more of - I wouldn't mind them putting in huttball leagues where a matchmaking system is put in place and you compete against teams on the same level as you over a period of time for the right to be called season champions of huttball. Maybe even have it where the results of each season determine which league you get put in for the next season and start creating different tiers of champions.

Im nearly rank 50 valor, and I still love huttball. It's probably my favorite map. Its really team-oriented and thats why I enjoy it so much.

And if they actually do make an option to opt out of huttball, then everyone will complain that the server que's are too long....

I actually love Huttball as we on Republic at least on my server get it once every 2-3 days. I also love the fact that Huttball is a purgatory for all the PvPers rolling on empire because it's easy mode.

I say increase the chance Huttball pops. We on republic side don't get it nearly as much. And we sometimes wait in queue for a whole minute, what's up with that!?

On the other note, you can always abandon your evil-wannabe side and switch to republic where we get Civil War 3/5 times.

I vote for more Huttballs.

Ideally huttball would be removed from game and whoever came up with the idea flayed alive. That may seem a bit much but I hate huttball almost as much as I hate mayonnaise.

Theres an idea, whichever pvp dev flunky came up with huttball should be covered in mayonaise and fed to the nearest hutt :)

Edited by Jabbadaphat

You're playing Empire. 80% of the players on your server are playing empire.

If you opt out of it you'll get to go to a warzone once very hour.

There's a way to fix this... can you think of what it could be?

Wrong. Wait 2 mins and queue again, and you are in. Really, everyone knows people are just logging out when they see hutt ball. It's a game for some, but the rest shouldn't be force fed a diet of really bad pvp.

Edited by Chiricahua

Huttball is awesome. It's the only "Capture the Flag" Warzone in SWTOR right now. I hope they add 4-way Huttball with 4 teams competing, would be an interesting twist.

I say reseed the RNG for Warzones and have Huttball pop more often.

New patch will allow us to select the Warzone. I bet a lot of Republic will be playing Huttball since we missed on all the fun Imperials are having right now.

i find huttball extremely enjoyable. got it alot to start with and now about 45% of the time on my server and i love every second. its a very unique change to the stale old CTF archtype.

i find almost all the people that hate hutt ball hate it for 2 reasons.

A) they are low lvl and cant survive against a group of 50/they dont know how to play worth a crap so its a free for all for them while the other team who knows what to do pass and runs the ball in and wins in 4 mins flat.

B) they play it day in and day out. which i could see maybe, but personaly i enjoy it alot.

its great fun with people u know on vent ur talking think and playing together with stratgey or even a pug were its disorganized chaos

kriffing signed

Huttball is THE WORST....>GAMEMODE...EVER.

And here's why.

In huttball you're objective is not combat, but scoring. You avoid fighting at all costs.

In the other two warzones, good ole killing and fighting around control points is what's needed to secure victory. I don't play republic to throw a god damn huttball across a line.

I AM PLAYING REPUBLIC SO I CAN SHOOT IMP SCUM.

kriffing signed

Huttball is THE WORST....>GAMEMODE...EVER.

And here's why.

In huttball you're objective is not combat, but scoring. You avoid fighting at all costs.

In the other two warzones, good ole killing and fighting around control points is what's needed to secure victory. I don't play republic to throw a gosh darn huttball across a line.

I AM PLAYING REPUBLIC SO I CAN SHOOT IMP SCUM.

I bet most of the times it is not you shooting Imp scum, but rather you eating the dirt while Imp Scum is beating the living hell out of you with their premades full of decked out 50s.

I love all Warzones, but Huttball forces you to focus on objective, not fight on the road like a moron while the level 20 Sith Assassin is capping the node behind your back.

Go play MW3 if you like to shoot stuff, or BF3. You'll have a blast.

I bet most of the times it is not you shooting Imp scum, but rather you eating the dirt while Imp Scum is beating the living hell out of you with their premades full of decked out 50s.

I love all Warzones, but Huttball forces you to focus on objective, not fight on the road like a moron while the level 20 Sith Assassin is capping the node behind your back.

Go play MW3 if you like to shoot stuff, or BF3. You'll have a blast.

Yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about. That much is obvious. So let me explain it with great intricate detail so you might comprehend the situation before you lumber in with a useless anecdotal argument or snarky comment.

I'll even throw out numbers for you.

1). Huttball is not focused on the Imperial/Republic War. It's a sport.

2). I did not roll republic to play a sport against the opposite team.

3). I rolled republic to SHOOT IMP SCUM. To claim strategic information, destroy their ships, to eradicate them from the galaxy.

4). Playing huttball detracts from the above.

5). It's not fun playing huttball because there's hardly any combat in it compared to the other warzones. This is not fun for me. I want to shoot imp scum. Not knock them into fires and goo with my knock back.

6). Premades vs pug in huttball is much more in the premades favor, because of communication via voice, and will allow coordination of the huttball itself to be 200% easier.

I'll stop here, and let your mind cool off a bit. I'm sure reading forum posts for you is quite hard.

I like the original idea and I always love me some Capture the Flag like gameplay, but, sadly, I do not find huttball fun :(

Have I had good games in Huttball? Definitely. Have I had bad games? You bet'cha!

But i'm tired of it. I'm tired of the RNG of the air vents. I'm tired of people being able to knock each other into the fire and acid pits (whether for my own benefit or not). I'm tired of my own teammates constantly line of sighting me (i'm a healer) because of the ridiculous air vents, the huge amount of knockback abilities, and the multiple levels on each map.

Please, for the love of god - PLEASE just give me a flat map (only 1 level) with a few scattered objects that I can use to line of sight but aren't so big that running around them takes me out of the action. Make the flag easy to see and handle. Make capturing the flag worthwhile. Take away environments that contain RNG effects. Make each side as fair and similar as possible (competitive PvPers will care). And if you HAVE to have environments that hurt us, please make it minimal - say, 5% damage. We want to FIGHT and KILL other players. We do not want to die from environments. Thanks!

Edited by Trippend

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.