Autofacing

getdownsb

I like how they must be "wow pvp'ers" when most games don't allot autofacing to ranged classes, dunno why the derps at bioware thought it was a good idea.

It's really not an issue when interrupts and stuns go off when they're supposed to. But they aren't right now and some classes even get to skip this check and balance.

As melee classes we already have it ez mode since most of our skills are instant. I don't like that we can not interrupt a hard cast anymore by running through a target while still being able to hit our target nonstop and while seemingly facing any direction, but what the heck at least we don't have to stop to cast to use our instant hard hitting abilities. The other game was known as world of melee craft for a reason. That's because we had god mode while still being ez mode. Here we still have it ez mode, except now we just have to use half our brain every once in a while, and can't just smash buttons ;).

The other game was known as world of melee craft for a reason.

We musta played different games then. Magecraft was the name of this expansion. (guessing you played a mage and raged as a warrior actually touched you.)

Anyhow, to reiterate. These are all fine when interrupts and stuns go off when you hit the button, but that's not the case for anyone that I know. Autofacing in a laggy environment is a good advantage believe it or not. Fix the delay on abilities and I'm pretty happy for the most part.

• 1 month later...
It's not like melee don't have channeled melee strikes also. And the same trick of running through a Melee works even better since they can't autoface.

Last Post: 01.04.2012 , 11:43 PM

Necro number two for you on the same subject. How many pages back was this one?

Last Post: 01.04.2012 , 11:43 PM

Necro number two for you on the same subject. How many pages back was this one?

A couple. Just because a thread is a few pages back doesn't mean it's dead. Or is it now the fashion to just make a new thread on a subject every time someone comes looking for info instead of looking through the forum?

A couple. Just because a thread is a few pages back doesn't mean it's dead. Or is it now the fashion to just make a new thread on a subject every time someone comes looking for info instead of looking through the forum?

It's clearly the fashion to create a new thread everytime. Haven't you seen the 7 nerf sorcerer threads on the first 2 pages?

Either way, I can understand one necro based on your interest in this subject....but two?

Let me guess, you're one of the OMG leet PvP'ers that run in circles for "tactics" and leet play. I love it. Hey, you know how you keep faced on someone trying to circle? Walk backward. It's my absolute favorite part of the BS that gets passed around as "skilled" PvP play.

Or, you know, keep running around each other in symbiotic orbits and wasting time and energy. I'm a shield-spec vanguard and I EVEN KEYBOARD TURN and all the leet, awesome, mega-PvP players run around in little circles like crazy little people. I guess that helps them or something.

Let me guess, you're one of the OMG leet PvP'ers that run in circles for "tactics" and leet play. I love it. Hey, you know how you keep faced on someone trying to circle? Walk backward. It's my absolute favorite part of the BS that gets passed around as "skilled" PvP play.

Or, you know, keep running around each other in symbiotic orbits and wasting time and energy. I'm a shield-spec vanguard and I EVEN KEYBOARD TURN and all the leet, awesome, mega-PvP players run around in little circles like crazy little people. I guess that helps them or something.

Who are you talking to?

PvP is PvP, there should be bunny-hopping spastic melee breaking LOS, I feel it greatly evens things up for them, and ranged should not be afraid to show a little skill by being fast enough to mouse-look and keep LOS. IMO.

I really don't understand this, how is auto-facing "lol n00bish" but running around in random directions relying on latency to **** it up for the opponent "lawl skills"

As long as there's no collision detection so you'd actually have to move around people and not frantically just run back and forth through them removing auto-facing is as bad a decision as keeping it >_>

Yeah right, because ranged already doesn't have a gigantic advantage over melee by not needing to to close distance, leave defensive positions, chase, or overextend from healers.

That applies to every game ever in everything no matter what, and doesnt have anything to do with auto facing. If you roll a melee you probably should of understood this and be prepared to do something more thoughtful then jumping through your enemies doing 180s all the time.

Or you could just go on the forums and cry because ranged characters dont have to frantically spin there cameras around to keep sight of your bunny hoping in order to get every cast off.

Edited by Ulltramagns

A lot of the issue for melee is the client/server ability responsiveness thing. I'll try stock striking someone but I want to say almost half of the time it'll try to but then it figures the guy's outta range even though I'm right within 4 meters on my screen so I just get to ion pulse the bastard.

Now figure in delayed responses with interrupts on things like tracer missle and such and you see why people complain.

And there's nothing worse than having an ability off the gcd that just won't initiate, that makes me angry more than anything else.

this is really why its an issue. bad engine is bad ... for ranged this doesnt matter because they can be staring at a wall with zero visibility, but if you are in range, 1 press of the button is all that is needed.