Mod stations!

Ayesia

I am currently a Level 35 Sith Juggernaught and I gotta ask....why are there only Mod Stations on the Starting Planets and Dromund Kaas.

Maybe I am blind, but I have yet to see them anywhere else in the game, most suprising of all is that there isn't one even on your ship! So...can we please have more of them? At least one per planet?

In beta you needed them to craft. The mod stations are based on the gama kotor. In kotor you can't craft without a crafting stations, which is why originally they were planned in swtor, but were later deemed as unnecessary. However, as is the case in programming or software developing, removing the code for the mod stations can effect any subsequent code, which is why they just left it in. I done that before. I though a certain piece of code was not really needed and when I deleted it and recompile to my surprise my code did not work. Thus, I just left the code in.

As noted, you need mod stations to add augment slots.

Being bombastic and wrong is a bad combination.

You realize we know the thread was necro'd, right? You realize it still might answer some people's questions, right?

You didn't seem aware of the necro when you posted this, particularly the bolded part. No one since around the time the thread was created had posted otherwise in the thread.

• 4 months later...
Good question. I like the standard reply which is, they should be taken out since you don't need them anymore. Sadly I don't think this is entirely true. I could be mistaken but I believe you need a mod station to add an MK slot to equipment for augments. I augment all my gear, it makes good gear better. (makes sense) If there is a way to add a augment slot to gear without a mod station please feel free to share it.

The one thing you do need the mod stations for is for augmenting gear. Not for adding the augment but for adding an augment slot. That's the only thing a mod station is required for as far as I know.

And unless you want to spend a fortune to get a small advantage during leveling, the only time you really need to worry about augmenting is when you are level 55 and can use the MK-9 augmentation kits to add slots to your gear. Lower level augments are basically a waste of resources.