Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Really Bioware?

Bullsith

You gave troopers and BH tanks a pull ability but removed the SW one? Seeing how they need are melee tanks and all.

For **** sake, just give us that ability back, we are not imbalanced in PVP as to cause some major issues, and we bloody need it. So please, go wake up the Jug dev and have him put on his seeing glasses.

We need Force Pull.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You gave troopers and BH tanks a pull ability but removed the SW one? Seeing how they need are melee tanks and all.

For **** sake, just give us that ability back, we are not imbalanced in PVP as to cause some major issues, and we bloody need it. So please, go wake up the Jug dev and have him put on his seeing glasses.

We need Force Pull.

It's because it apparently made us unkiteable. Yet the BH and Troopers can get a charge in the tank tree or a CC immunity+run speed in another on top of having better Ranged and aoe abilities.

We need Force Pull.

No we don't, learn to play. Force pull is not necessary.

Force pull wouldn't really fix anything, just prolly make us imba in PvP as we are already quite tough in Huttball. There is room for some improvements but there shouldn't be any problems tanking current 4man hard modes. Just use some cc here and there, don't always initiate pulls with force charge, pull behind corners etc etc.

Anyhow what I'm trying to say, we don't really suck at tanking, it just takes some time getting used to.

I think Juggernauts should get or be able to spec in the ability, Force Pull. The skill should be PvE only unless BioWware deems it worthy for PvP. I adore the Juggernaut! I've always played "The Tank" in MMORPG's and this is by far, the most fun I've had doing it. I won't argue that our DPS could use just a little love and our survivability a tiny boost as well but, over all, as a tank, we're not supposed to dish out crazy DPS.:)

No we don't, learn to play. Force pull is not necessary.

QFT

I've been saying this all along. We don't need force pull. So what if another class has it or it "use" to be ours. Can every tank class in WoW death grip like a DK? No. Stop asking to be a clone / replica of other classes and learn to play jugg.

QFT

I've been saying this all along. We don't need force pull. So what if another class has it or it "use" to be ours. Can every tank class in WoW death grip like a DK? No. Stop asking to be a clone / replica of other classes and learn to play jugg.

Dk also had no charges while the warrior had 3. BH get a charge and a pull and lots of range and AoE. Jugg gets a carge very limited range and little aoe. You seriously don't see the issue there?

Some people read "this class is terrible" into everything and respond in kind.

There are some issues that could use resolution, even though SW is viable.

But I've played a ranged tank as well, and its such a different (read easier) experience. That will cause problems for SW in the long run.

Dk also had no charges while the warrior had 3. BH get a charge and a pull and lots of range and AoE. Jugg gets a carge very limited range and little aoe. You seriously don't see the issue there?

Okay? No I don't see the issue here. We don't need clone classes. BH's can do all that stuff; that's good for BH. People need to stop worrying about other classes abilities and just worry about their own. Juggs do just fine tanking in end game and more then capable of tanking all that content that is out and holding aggro. Imo, people just want things to be easier. It's well known by now that our class is more challenging and takes a higher skill cap to play. There is much footage of juggs tanking end game content and having no issues; Hard modes in all. So if it can be done, why not just do? Because it's more difficult then another class? People need to stop complaining and asking for easy mode and just rise to the task. Seeing / knowing it can be done should be enough.

Okay? No I don't see the issue here. We don't need clone classes. BH's can do all that stuff; that's good for BH. People need to stop worrying about other classes abilities and just worry about their own. Juggs do just fine tanking in end game and more then capable of tanking all that content that is out and holding aggro. Imo, people just want things to be easier. It's well known by now that our class is more challenging and takes a higher skill cap to play. There is much footage of juggs tanking end game content and having no issues; Hard modes in all. So if it can be done, why not just do? Because it's more difficult then another class? People need to stop complaining and asking for easy mode and just rise to the task. Seeing / knowing it can be done should be enough.

Take off the PvE blinders.

Imo, people just want things to be easier. It's well known by now that our class is more challenging and takes a higher skill cap to play. There is much footage of juggs tanking end game content and having no issues; Hard modes in all. So if it can be done, why not just do? Because it's more difficult then another class? People need to stop complaining and asking for easy mode and just rise to the task. Seeing / knowing it can be done should be enough.

I'm sorry, dude, but the statements you keep making like "rise above the challenge," while they sometimes fly in real life, are nothing but platitudes in the setting of an MMO. Juggernaughts are undeniably weaker than other classes, and this is a problem. You want to do your rising above your challenges? Fine, be my guest. The rest of us expect fairness in a competitive environment.

I'm leveling a medicine spec operative, atm, and I'm killing things faster and having less downtime than I did on my vengeance Jugg. This is not an issue of "different classes are different." This is an issue of "weaker classes are weaker."

Edited by steinsgate

People in this thread seem to be thinking that all Tanks take the same amount of damage.

Those people are wrong.

The Jug tanks MUCH less damage than other tanks.

Do we give up a couple abilities for it? Ok, fine.

If you want those other abilities, MAKE THE OTHER TANK AND STOP WHINING.

Tanking on a Juggernaut is like trying to dig a 3 foot hole in the mud with your hands. Sure you can do it, but it's messy, it'll take you longer and requires more effort. Or you can go get yourself a nice shovel (Bounty Hunter) and get it dug faster and more efficiently. Edited by Canoftuna

I'm leveling a medicine spec operative, atm, and I'm killing things faster and having less downtime than my vengeance Jugg.

A class that can heal itself have less downtime?

You don't say. I'm stunned. I have to lie down.

A class that can heal itself have less downtime?

You don't say. I'm stunned. I have to lie down.

I rarely heal myself, am using lower quality armor, and have no dps talents. My companion rarely holds threat on anything. I.E., I am tanking most mobs. I am killing mobs far, far faster than I was on my warrior at the same level.

I know you're trying to be cute, but you'll have to try a little harder.

Edited by steinsgate

First off for the elitist, don't slander peeps having problems give them real suggestions. I have OK gear and single mobs i can do fine on. Bio was so worried about making us over powered we are a little gimped compared to other tanks, worse if your running with pugs.

It's not dificult because of deep mechanics. it's difficult because of flaws. We lack tools of other classes. We lack AoE threat in exchange for a needlessly high single target threat. we have less survivability as a dps that classes without tanking skills. Typically classes with high skill cap have more tools. Instead the classes that need to spam only 1 or 2 buttons get all the tools. Juggs get more buttons to press and less tools.

It's not dificult because of deep mechanics. it's difficult because of flaws. We lack tools of other classes. We lack AoE threat in exchange for a needlessly high single target threat. we have less survivability as a dps that classes without tanking skills. Typically classes with high skill cap have more tools. Instead the classes that need to spam only 1 or 2 buttons get all the tools. Juggs get more buttons to press and less tools.

Actually, classes with high skill cap have less tools to work with which requires more skill because of the lack of tools at their disposal.. But I understand what you guys are complaining about. The thing that bothers me is the fact people are crying like Jugg is just unusable and completely broken. It's just harder. I understand that juggs have less utiliity. But my entire point is that they are being used in hard modes having no problems holding single target / multiple mob aggro having no problems what so ever so they ARE viable. Just harder.

Canoftuna could not have said it any better:

"Tanking on a Juggernaut is like trying to dig a 3 foot hole in the mud with your hands. Sure you can do it, but it's messy, it'll take you longer and requires more effort. Or you can go get yourself a nice shovel (Bounty Hunter) and get it dug faster and more efficiently."

I should make that my sig.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.