I appreciate that there aren't macro's and add-ons. Thanks BW!

CleverNameHere

"I've never used addons, hence I don't know squat about em, but I know they're just a tool the n00bs and lazy people use to try to be as awesome as I am.

Just my ignorant opinion"

Sorry, but I don't consider spending 45% of my time staring at my chars portrait to keep track of my buffs and procs to be any measure of skill. I don't consider spending another 45% of that time squinting at the party frames searching for my HoTs and for any debuffs to be any measure of skill. I also don't consider having to press one extra button to heal someone to be any measure of skill. This game's UI is horrible at giving you the information you need to keep track of in a clear and visible way, addons would help improve that.

And it's nice that you wanna be spoken to on an adult level while at the same time calling people unskilled and lazy in every post you've written.

Maybe i get to the point very soon because i dont have to much time to spend on forums. I work have a child and wife that sometimes need the attention she deserves. Yes people that use macros and addons are lazy, never said they are noobs. Just shared my opinion on a board like many of you do way to much, if you people spended the time ingame that you spended on the boards you didnt need macro's. Think abou that....also last thing ill say about it.

p.s: Ohw and i agree that the UI is really crappy in this game. :D

Edited by Dylanlucas

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Title says it all.

I like the game without macro's and add-on's that allow you to spam one button for everything. I currently play a level 40 combat medic and enjoy the thought process that goes through when playing.

Please don't cave in to the lazy.

dont like then dont use them, guilds that require, dont join them

Maybe i get to the point very soon because i dont have to much time to spend on forums. I work have a child and wife that sometimes need the attention she deserves. Yes people that use macros and addons are lazy, never said they are noobs. Just shared my opinion on a board like many of you do way to much, if you people spended the time ingame that you spended on the boards you didnt need macro's. Think abou that....also last thing ill say about it.

p.s: Ohw and i agree that the UI is really crappy in this game. :D

Do you understand the concept that a not lazy, good player will be better with macros.

Please, at least tell me you understand the concept in your brain.

Tell me I have hammered the logic in there, please.

Lost count of how many healers say they did this or that heroic boss in wow without addons.

This either means you are a lot better than most players, some are and and to you guys /bow...or it means you are just telling porkies, I could say I killed all the bosses with no addons...but I didnt, I did meet the odd healer who didnt use grid or healbot and out healed everyone of them by a long way.

Guys no addons/macros means bland tank and spank fights as most players cant manage anything more complicated without them, simple fact of life.

Bioware plz either do a decent raid UI very soon or allow addons.

Great game on the whole

Funny, no one forces you to use macros and addons.

Bullpie. When have you ever joined an end-game guild and been given the OPTION of using macros/addons? They tell you to use them or not participate.

Edited by Nadara

Bullpie. When have you ever joined an end-game guild and been given the OPTION of using macros/addons? They tell you to use them or ****.

Then find another guild.

I'm sure their a raid guilds of people like you, or make your own "anti-addon" raid guild.

Don't limit our tools because you don't want them.

Bullpie. When have you ever joined an end-game guild and been given the OPTION of using macros/addons? They tell you to use them or not participate.

And rightly so - end game guilds demand a level of gamer to push the limits of the game. They want skilled players they can rely on and realize that a skilled player using mods and addon's is even more efficient using them.

You can't always pay attention to everything going on in boss fights and silly mistakes happen that cause wipes. These tools do not eliminate the problem of people not paying attention or doing their job, but it cuts down on wipes in the long run and is worth it.

The problem with end game guilds is that they become popular and every tom dick and harry wants in because "its a cool guild" and the skill level of some of these people is... questionable.

Everyone wants the loot thought - skill or lacking skill, they want it.

No macro/addons please. They ruin games despite what their protectors say.

You dont want Aimbot in CS or scripting language to automate tasks in Star Craft - even though that would "improve your effectivity" and "level gamefield since all can use them". Yet you demand such thing in MMOs.

Learn to play and stop whining.

You dont want Aimbot in CS or scripting language to automate tasks in Star Craft - even though that would "improve your effectivity" and "level gamefield since all can use them". Yet you demand such thing in MMOs.

SC2 and SC have mods, as does Counter Strike

*rubs temples*

Do you guys process your thoughts all the way through the logic centers of your brains before typing or did you install a shunt that goes from conception to typing immediately without passing by the processing bits?

Most macros and addons improve functionality of the game and interface. You shouldn't speak about things you haven't used enough to know about. For instance, look at xperl, bartender, etc in WoW. Macros are also a necessity and need to be added asap.

SC2 and SC have mods, as does Counter Strike

*rubs temples*

Do you guys process your thoughts all the way through the logic centers of your brains before typing or did you install a shunt that goes from conception to typing immediately without passing by the processing bits?

Did you process what you just said before posting it? I doubt it.

CS and SC mods are standalone game, none are allowed or effect gameplay in real game.

Want mods in SWTOR? Pay Bioware to make you a private server and mod it as you like.

Then find another guild.

I'm sure their a raid guilds of people like you, or make your own "anti-addon" raid guild

Nope, because once addons are allowed in-game content becomes easier and devs are forced to compensate by making content tougher and faster, eventually getting to the point where addons/macros are a necessity in order to keep up. This is what happened in WoW.

Don't limit our tools because they're not a necessity in any way, shape, or form.

Fixed. :)

Dosnt this suggest most raiding players want them or find it more enjoyable with them?

See comment about addons/macros becoming a necessity due to wide-spread use. :rolleyes:

And rightly so - end game guilds demand a level of gamer to push the limits of the game. They want skilled players they can rely on and realize that a skilled player using mods and addon's is even more efficient using them.

Too 'efficient'. Devs realize this, most players do not. You need to understand addons/macros make content easier than it was originally intended to be by the developers of the game.

The problem with end game guilds is that they become popular and every tom dick and harry wants in because "its a cool guild" and the skill level of some of these people is... questionable.

That's not the problem with end-game guilds. Go play some more MMO's. ;)

Edited by Nadara

Here we go again... every thread about this degenerates.

Guess what, people like myself and the OP and many more are entitled to our opinions as much as anybody who wants macros.

But the misleading argument that adding macros doesnt harm the people that dont use them is ridiculous.

For the reasons why, see any number of 100 page threads about the same subject.

:rolleyes:

/agree.

I hope they are NEVER added. Learn to play the game the way it is. If you want to be LAZY an mash one button for everything go back to WoW.

Eh, as a Sentinel player, I'm seeing macros more and more as a necessary step to making the class on par with others. We have so many abilities and not enough bindings; on top of that, the way the Sentinel plays right now requires nearly flawless execution or we get squished. I'd appreciate a way to consolidate some of my bindings so that I don't end up with 25+ abilities that are all necessary at one time or another that I need to look around for or manually click or bind to a far-off key.

Although there's always the fact that some people just don't understand that what most players are after is fun as opposed to being the most uber-hardcore player.

Here's my argument for them: Snipers have an ability called "Laze Target." It's forces your next snipe to have 100% chance to crit.

You will never use this ability unless you are going to snipe next. Never. Currently, I have Laze target set up as a keybind in one of my quickslots. That's a slot I can use for something else. I *WANT* a macro interface so I can set up a SINGLE button for my snipe ability that automatically fires Laze Target if the cooldown is up, and then snipes. I can then free up that quickslot button for something I'll use more often.

I'm guessing every class has a story like this.

I support add-on functionality.

The final boss in Teral V has a dot he randomly puts on one of the 4 group members and it will kill them in about 4-5 seconds.

A decursive style mod is needed for this mechanic as the debuf icon is too small to see quickly on any of the possible group options.

(Decursives gives you a small interface with your group members on t that allerts you when a dispellable debuff is on one of your group members then gives you the ability to click the group member with it to cast your dispell)

This is taking info and functionality you already have and moving it to a much more friendly interface.

A DPS mod is desperately needed for min/max playing. Something that shows you only your numbers is a bare minimum. (doesn't need to be viewable by others)

The game has large talent trees and rotational/priority abilities that scream for a min/max. This builds longevity into the game and there are people that create spreadsheets to maximize functionality.

A power auras mod would be great for these kinds of players.

(Power auras gives you a customizable visual indication that one of your situational buffs has processed. so you know when you get that free critical super zap)

All of this information is already on the screen. most add-ons just let you customize how it is displayed.

there are many more of these kinds of mods that would be useful.

Once again functionality you already have just in a personalized user friendly interface.

These are not the devil.

Of course the UI customization coming down the pipe may address some of these issues.

But I support them and so should you all, because they allow you to create your interface the way you like it so you can perform better.

In other words, "I don't want to have to "THINK" or PAY ATTENTION" to what I am doing.

Edited by Slithers

Did you process what you just said before posting it? I doubt it.

CS and SC mods are standalone game, none are allowed or effect gameplay in real game.

Want mods in SWTOR? Pay Bioware to make you a private server and mod it as you like.

First off, we're already getting mods in Star Wars as per Stephen Reid so this entire conversation has no real purpose.

Second of all, there are mods you can use in ANY SERVER of CS, they're called scripts and macros and they've existed in valve games for years.

People use them for stuff like spamming certain vocal queues or quick switching certain weapon combos and all sorts of stuff like that.

In TFC they could be used to dump all your gear as a demo man then explode it all with a grenade and it was totally legal.

You will never use this ability unless you are going to snipe next. Never. Currently, I have Laze target set up as a keybind in one of my quickslots. That's a slot I can use for something else. I *WANT* a macro interface so I can set up a SINGLE button for my snipe ability that automatically fires Laze Target if the cooldown is up, and then snipes. I can then free up that quickslot button for something I'll use more often.

This is THE story with Sentinels right now. everything we have is conditional and much of what we need is also on longer CDs. I have so many bound abilities that I use infrequently but are absolutely necessary that I'd like a little more freedom to make bindings conditional with macros and not a total mess where I have to keep track of 25+ abilities. Other classes aren't really having this issue as much.

Most macros and addons improve functionality of the game and interface. You shouldn't speak about things you haven't used enough to know about. For instance, look at xperl, bartender, etc in WoW. Macros are also a necessity and need to be added asap.

Trust me, i have way longer expirience with macros than most guys posting at this forums in their defence aka macro/addon "consumers". I actually wrote a lots of scripts for the games and nothing stops me from performing the same functionality in SWTOR right now using say autohotkey or other awailable tools (except for EULA :))

Macros are cheating - simple as that. They ruin INTENDED gameplay and make it impossible to balance the game properly, and also they do give huge advantage to competitive players that use them. Everyone saying differently is a plain liar. It takes one to be part of the process and experience it on own skin to understand it.

I kinda tired of posting same thing in 100th topic about "add macros or else...!". In most games i played, use of macros and addons - legal or illegal have very negative effects on most of the aspects of the game and i would prefer seeing people use 3rd party programs banned (you can have all the macro and addons functionality even now, without beging Bioware for that. You just risk getting banned), rather then Bioware caving in and admitting defeat and ruining their own game by altering gameplay via adding "legal cheating tools".

Here's my argument for them: Snipers have an ability called "Laze Target." It's forces your next snipe to have 100% chance to crit.

Buy a gaming keyboard. Problem solved.

In most games i played, use of macros and addons - legal or illegal have very negative effects on most of the aspects of the game

The thing is, most people haven't played enough MMO's or haven't played them long enough to fully understand the impact addons/macros have on a game. Most people have only played WoW post addons/macros so they don't see the negative impact these things have on a game. They're ignorant.