The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why are people yelling about nerf multiple classes when the real problem is lvl 50's?

Chiricahua

Geared up level 50's of any class will face roll any other class period. They are the reason I see multiple players log off so that a warzone ends prematurely, because there are not enough players. Bioware needs to retool pvp to have at least 2 warzones. Level 50's, and everyone else. Oh yeah, premade groups, groups that coordinate in vent, if they are level 50's it's a double whammy. I'm not saying disallow premades. It's just a fact that a well cooridinated group has a better chance to win, but yet people always think that because X class took them out in 2 seconds it must be because they are over powered.

If you are a level 50, you must know that at least 2 brackets is better for everyone all around. It would be a major mistake to start swinging the nerf bat at multiple classes. It would only exacerbate the exodus from this game. Nerfs didn't work in SWG, nor did it work in WoW. It just causes controversy.

Edited by Chiricahua

Geared up level 50's of any class will face roll any other class period. They are the reason I see multiple players log off so that a warzone ends prematurely, because there are not enough players. Bioware needs to retool pvp to have at least 2 warzones. Level 50's, and everyone else. Oh yeah, premade groups, groups that coordinate in vent, if they are level 50's it's a double whammy. I'm not saying disallow premades. It's just a fact that a well cooridinated group has a better chance to win, but yet people always think that because X class took them out in 2 seconds it must be because they are over powered.

I 100% agree with this post, this is afterall the problem with PvP right now. We need brackets and a lot of these problems will be cleaned up.

The funniest thing is, and it's happening now on my server "empire side. Weve got some people who hit 50, and we end up having to VS them in some Hutball matches, they think they are god's gift to PvP.. the most skilled ever.. it's HILLLLLARIOUS.. then when you call them out for their lack of skills they say your a cute troll, etc etc..

I've observed some of the 50's.. and they don't even STRAFE or KITE.. no Side shots.. NOTHING.. they just run in a straight line with other 50's pocket healing them to score the huttball.

SKILL?...yeah ok.

50's need their own bracket..

P.S. my last post, you Bads who are 50 already? having some fun in the sun? just wait till the REAL PvPers catch up to you.. it won't be much fun for you on an even playing field.

I 100% agree with this post, this is afterall the problem with PvP right now. We need brackets and a lot of these problems will be cleaned up.

The funniest thing is, and it's happening now on my server "empire side. Weve got some people who hit 50, and we end up having to VS them in some Hutball matches, they think they are god's gift to PvP.. the most skilled ever.. it's HILLLLLARIOUS.. then when you call them out for their lack of skills they say your a cute troll, etc etc..

I've observed some of the 50's.. and they don't even STRAFE or KITE.. no Side shots.. NOTHING.. they just run in a straight line with other 50's pocket healing them to score the huttball.

SKILL?...yeah ok.

P.S. my last post, you Bads who are 50 already? having some fun in the sun? just wait till the REAL PvPers catch up to you.. it won't be much fun for you on an even playing field.

While I agree some 50s are just coasting on their large amount of skills at their disposal, the object of huttball IS to score the ball so running in a straight line with 4 healers on your arse is a viable tactic.

SKILL?...yeah ok.

QQ less man we all know we need some brackets I have a 50 but I also have low levels I pvp on if you want get into the Real PVPer's just a bit of a new flash they are 50 already

Only time I see a real problem in pvp matches is when the lvl 50s are part of a premade group using vent, then of cause they are going to have a significant advantage. Apart from that I've found that if I play well I can go toe to toe with level 50s as a lvl 28 Sorc, if they are a good player 1v1 and well geared then its more likely they will win but I'll get them down to 20% or less HP for sure.

When a battlezone is massively one sided from my point of view its almost always because one side has a solid core of good players (of all levels) a premade (of any levels) and the other side has a bunch of inexperienced or bad pvpers with high latency low spec computers.

I would not be against pulling lvl 50s out into a separate queue but I doubt that would solve the problem of some people just being bad at pvp and running on crap computers with bad connections. I also would not be surprised if this is planned but it would not make sense until the number of lvl 50s have increased considerably otherwise you are not going to have anyone to play against most of the time.

It's kinda hard to tell if the nerf calls are warranted. For example, you have a low level sith warrior or jedi knights complaining about high or max level snipers. That complain is like a wow low level warrior complaining about not having intercept or smash in the 20's. That's why any one who knows any thing about leveling a warrior in wow doesn't pvp with one until your high level.

The problem with the battleground system is the level difference between classes. Right now battlegrounds are almost unplayable because on my server the 50's don't fight other 50's if they can help it, they hunt down low levels to fluff their kills with. Huttball becomes so one sided when you have a level 50 who has the ball and a bunch of low levels trying to kill him, it's impossible. Unless a level gets on the level 50 ball carrier then you will not score unless you are extremely lucky. The current 50's aren't unfair, they're just top of the food chain and farming PvP gear off all the low levels who are leveling up.

I agree with the OP. Make a 1-49 bracket, and then make a level 50 bracket, that will even things out somewhat because the gear level of the level 50's is killing everyone else. It's early game Bioware, listen to your customers, not to your dev's. We are telling you the current system is kinda broken and needs to be adjusted, so please take that into consideration.

While I agree some 50s are just coasting on their large amount of skills at their disposal, the object of huttball IS to score the ball so running in a straight line with 4 healers on your arse is a viable tactic.

Sure it's a viable tactic to winning the game.. it doesn't mean you're good at PvP by ANY stretch of the imagination however...

Let's be honest, you click the Pass hutball ability.. then throw it.. a team who's in VENT or Skype.. talking .. and setting up positions.. it's FACE roll and easy.. you could do it Drunk and wasted off your *****.. just b/c you Win in huttball doesn't mean you're good at PvP.

If you haven't hit 50 yet on your first char, you're bad.

Every good PvPer who's remotely serious about this game hit 50 days ago at the latest.

If you haven't hit 50 yet on your first char, you're bad.

Every good PvPer who's remotely serious about this game hit 50 days ago at the latest.

Wait.. so if you have a life outside of a game?and a full time job you're bad?

Not sure if serious.. bad logic.. or just a troll.... "notsureifserious.jpg"

Wait.. so if you have a life outside of a game?and a full time job you're bad?

Not sure if serious.. bad logic.. or just a troll.... "notsureifserious.jpg"

Game released on the 20th. That gives 2 weeks at a minimum to put in less than 3 days of playtime, which amounts to a daily requirement of ~5 hours.

If you aren't putting in that much time, then yes, you're bad.

Mind you your belief that playing well in Huttball somehow isn't skillful proves my point even without the misguided rage towards people who leveled faster than you.

You need to actually rephrase your statement there boss. I'm not 50, my highest character is 28, but i'm a casual PvPer... and I still say there's something wrong with the current system.

Never said there wasn't.

I'd welcome a 50 only bracket with open arms. I'm just saying that "casual PvPers" tend to be pretty bad. If that bothers people, they should stop being so casual or stop deriving self esteem from their PvP ability.