Can we get a REAL patch please Devs?

Rasticles

Some of the things you are 'patching' are ok, fine and dandy, but first I will say, I'd have NOT publicized the Baby Names added last patch... who cares on the paying, player side? It was in poor taste, should have been done quietly, and those who were upset over getting missed originally should have been emailed.

Overall, your patches are 100% UNDERwhelming. It's as if this game will take 6 mos to just get stable/fixed/situated.

You guys should be focusing on SOLELY what affects players experience. PERIOD! Not baby names.

Guild tab functionality: can't invite to group from it.... REALLY?

Any and all companion bugs: FIX THESE NEXT PATCH. Delay the patch, but seriously....

Maps: some real sloppy map jobs. Whatever issues, like the laser light show, ENOUGH, fix your maps as people are complaining about.

UI: ok, don't add anything, but STABILIZE the one you have. One example, is if you don't have 95% near perfect aim when dragging an icon to a bar, if you 'miss', you get prompted if you want to destroy the item, like relics, or the ability just disappears......Guild panel still doesn't sort when you sort by say rank.....

Loot issues in raids? REALLY? (I'm not raiding yet, but COME ON, seriously?)

Peoples MODS disappearing?

Can't link a dropped weapon to my Guild mates? WHAT?

I mean, COME ON. FIX what you have now, worry about other stuff once you stabilize the game.

For what it's worth, I'm personally only having the UI and Guild panel + invite issue. But, I'm not going to be very happy IF and WHEN I get bit by the Kira bug...and I get occasional laser light shows.

I'm very happy with the game itself, but the container needs to be sealed up, so to speak, and these inky-binky patches need to stop, the Devs need to get the essential things FIXED, once and for all, instead of putting out an FPS fix that fixes nothing.

Real Dev's put out REAL , FUNCTIONAL patches.

Edited by Rasticles

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Bugged Loot (even in Heroics which maaaaany people already do)

2. Ability Lag

3. Warzone Performance

4. Bugged Abilities (like animation stutter and stuff)

5. Bugged Boss Encounters (foundry endboss heroic, nc to that)

6. Sudden teleportation lag bug

7. ...

8. ...

9. ...

10. ... and so on ...

Seriously we don't even know if you are working on these bugs. At least communicate and I would be satisfied. ffs

I don't know what you guys are talking about, we got the speeder emote fix! This is the one we've been waiting for. To quote:

To speak to your example, while you may have never seen someone ask for emoting from a mount, it may still have been asked for (either in threads you've not seen, or in bug reports, for example).. And sometimes, it's just something we wanted to fix.

This about sums it up, remember when we were all asking for this fix? Thank god we got it.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, we got the speeder emote fix! This is the one we've been waiting for. To quote:

This about sums it up, remember when we were all asking for this fix? Thank god we got it.

This ^^^^^^

not a patch to do a /wave emote on my speeder, who cares about that when there are far more problems

The holidays are not just for you. Just speculating here but I'm going to guess most of the bread winner devs are just getting back from their holiday break this week. Looking at the fixes, I'm hoping these first few patches were done by low level programmers and interns who couldn't afford (money or career) to take time off. Look for more meaningful patches starting next week with the more experienced devs and management back in the building.

Go online and try using an emote while on a vehicle. You'll see you can't do it, although it was supposedly on today's patch.

They have a list - larger than anyone here is aware of. HUNDREDS of issues.

Some minor, some major, some feature requests, some hard to reproduce, some hard to track down, some hard to fix, some easy to fix.

They sit down and go over their lists of issues, they knock off quick and dirty ones usually while trying to figure out other ones. This way the list shrinks.

Harder ones, take longer (sometimes MUCH longer) to fix.

Harder ones, require more resources to fix than easy ones.

In all cases, the group working on X is not the group working on Y. X may have a whole bunch of easy fixes; so they get theirs in. This does not, in any way, effect X's ability to get theirs done. So you may see fixes from one group, over another group simply for that reason.

You can be pretty sure though, the guy who fixes text on the credits is not the guy responsible for timings, UI or performance issues. So back off and leave him alone, he is just doing his job.

Some people really need to get at least a basic understanding of MMO's and Software Development before they go bashing companies for ill-conceived perceptions and general bashing on baseless realities.

Unfortunately, not every part of a game's development is an equal sized task, and we must prioritize fixes as best we can.

To speak to your example, while you may have never seen someone ask for emoting from a mount, it may still have been asked for (either in threads you've not seen, or in bug reports, for example). It's also possible this was a fix that was being worked on before launch, and has only just now made it into the game, or that fixing this bug clears the way for other bugs to be fixed, or that adding it allows other features to be implemented. And sometimes, it's just something we wanted to fix.

While we cannot acknowledge every single post and every single request made on these Forums, we're reading and passing on the desires to the development team. Every major request that's been made by players since launch is being discussed and prioritized. That doesn't mean every feature requested will make it into the game - we'd end up developing a very schizophrenic game if we did that. However many requested features will ultimately end up in the game.

While I'd suggest everyone does check the Dev Tracker from time to time, you should also keep an eye on our new Community Blog, which has already hosted a post from James Ohlen about some future features, and will have more insights as we go forward into additions to the game.

The team is hard at work on improving and where required fixing the game. Not every fix is easy and not every feature can be added overnight, but we'll continue to work to make the game even better.

there you go

What some of you seem to fail to realize is how bugs actually work. Some bugs like not being able to emote while mounted can be as simple to fix as changing a 0 to a 1. Other things like baby names or ANY names being missed from the credits roll is 2 seconds of copy/paste from a word doc or spreadsheet.

Bugs like combat responsiveness, lag, graphical issues, etc can be hundreds or thousands of lines worth of code to change. Not only that but the devs might not even know where specifically the problem lies. Is the responsiveness due to net code? Is is the renderer? Is it in the combat system somewhere? It could be all three for all we/they know. Finding that problem takes time, let alone coming up with a viable solution that doesn't break everything else that works just fine.

TLDR; Complaining about bugs is one thing but complaining that the wrong ones are being worked on and the right ones are being ignored is 110% ignorant.

You realise most of the changes are a small change to a few lines of code - other changes require them going into masses of code and making huge changes - then testing these, a slight change can have huge ramfications on other parts of the game.

Patiance. BW have till Feb to fix the majority then you can knee-jerk all you wish.

I love it when people think it takes the exact same amount of time to fix every issue.

You apparently have no clue about programming.. We all know they have an easy button and can fix all the issues in the game in under a month. Get with the times.

end /sarcasm

To all those complaining about all the "game breaking bugs"....

Last time I checked there were level 50's running around in gear from PVP as well as Operations. I'm pretty sure the game isn't' broken. And has it ever occurred to you that maybe they are working on all the big issues and will release them as a major update patch later. And right now they are fixing stuff that is "easy" to fix because guess what... It's easy to fix, unlike the "game breaking bugs" you are complaining about.

Get a clue people.

Well, I for one am really happy that the fixed the can't enter cover against some mobs bug. I really didn't know what was going on. I'm glad to see it was a bug, and it's been fixed.

Cheers.

Thats legit.

Mount emoting is ***.... crap like that can wait that should be like bottom of the bug list. I am shocked at the ignorance bioware is showing in this first month.

You apparently have no clue about programming.. We all know they have an easy button and can fix all the issues in the game in under a month. Get with the times.

end /sarcasm.

The problem is, a lot of the bugs present in the game right now should have been ironed out during beta testing. There are plenty of things that were raised by testers which were never implemented or were done poorly.

I am shocked at the ignorance the community is showing in this first month.

Fixed it for you.

You REALLY believe that Bioware is completely ignoring huge bugs just so they can fix speeder emotes? Small bugs like that aren't even really bugs as much as they are typos. Seriously, it's probably something as simple as a flag change from 0 to 1.

The problem is, a lot of the bugs present in the game right now should have been ironed out during beta testing. There are plenty of things that were raised by testers which were never implemented or were done poorly.

Ever think that's because there were bigger issues they were working on?