The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So when can we expect to get working textures?

Chromiie

Deluding themselves? Are you kidding me??

The high-res textures in character selection and cutscenes when they're working properly:

http://oi44.tinypic.com/15of4sz.jpg

What they look like the rest of the time on the SAME SETTINGS:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/nwx5pw.jpg

I can't believe people are STILL DENYING THAT THIS IS AN ISSUE!

Perfect example, thank you! I've actually put all armors that look as blurry as yours does in my storage vault in the hopes that they'll look better in the future, because as they are right now I just can't stand wearing them.

I've found one, ONE!, robe for my jedi guardian that isn't as blurry as the others, and even though I don't particularly like the colors and the design (it's pink-purplish with white... not exactly 'haute couture' for a dark jedi -.-), I'm wearing it purely because it's the one thing I've found to wear that doesn't look like a blurry low resolution mess outside of the cutscenes.

Until this problem is fixed, the cosmetics in this game are seriously disappointing. I saw a fellow player dancing on the fleet station in a slave girl outfit the other day and thought to myself, OMG, is that a gif texture?

Edited by Amarinth

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its because 99% of the players dont understand the difference between aesthetics and graphic quality Im afraid.

Aesthetics= Art style, music, animations

Graphics= Texture quality(what we are talking about), tessellation, polygons, and so on

I cry every time I come to these forums.

Exactly!

Someone who knows what they're talking about on these forums? I must be hallucinating..

inb4 someone tells us to go back to WoW

Well you can see the fanboys just saying "You look at the textures for only 5 minutes" they are with the bugs and think everyone should accept it to. It even worked in beta so I really don't understand.

I was having this problem back in the beta as well actually. Many other people I talked to then were as well.

Strange that it hasn't been fixed yet.

Its because 99% of the players dont understand the difference between aesthetics and graphic quality Im afraid.

Aesthetics= Art style, music, animations, physics

Graphics= Texture quality(what we are talking about), lighting, tessellation, polygons, and so on

I cry every time I come to these forums.

It's why I've stopped bothering trying to have an intelligent conversation with anyone about Skyrim's graphics as well. The discussion there always devolves into two groups of people at each other's throats because they don't understand they're talking about 2 completely different aspects of the game's graphics...

With SWTOR I love the aestetics or 'visual design' (as I prefer to call it), the artists really did a great job in some places, but the technical side of the graphics is rather disappointing with very inconsistent texture resolution in places and horrible implementation of some things like shadows (really intensive on high and yet blocky edges).

Edited by Amarinth

Hey ******* look around or check some other other threads this isn't an issue with my graphics card and it's not something I can just change I already have everything maxed out and x8 AA.

Yes they do bother me. I do not spend 5 minutes looking at the textures I prefer to explore and filling out the map. Really the only time it doesn't bug me is during pvp when I don't have a minute to slow down.

http://d37nnnqwv9amwr.cloudfront.net/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042

You don't have the issue so it doesn't exist!

Seriously, I would lay a bet mine and my brother's computer blows whatever you have out of the water and you are telling people to buy a new rig?

Basic troubleshooting, every other game works fine on ultra and textures are displayed properly, come to this game and textures are blurry. Now unless you have no sense of logic then you'd come to the conclusion that it is the game at fault.

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/12553/12854563.jpg

I am really enjoying the majority of what this game has to offer so far, but these texture issues really need to get sorted, it completely ruins immersion for me - in a game that's so heavily reliant on storytelling.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

To see how different the textures are is simple.

In Cut scenes they are high, the other time they are low - medium. I dont understand why the game does not use them during gameplay, I didnt play beta so I dont know if it ever worked.

Look I dont cry or anything, but I would love to have the same graphics ingame that I have in cut scenes.

But also the draw distance should be enhanced. While I understand that old PC´s need the current low settings, there are people with new hardware that should be allowed to see grass from a distance, instead of somekind of wave plopping up while you move.

And what about the item preview window, they're not "medium" but "low"... and to add insult to injury, when you switch that same window to companions they are set to "high"!

I can understand world textures having different degrees of quality in order to improve performance in graphic-heavy scenes, after all, they are swaped-up as soon as you zoom closer (a cross-quality fade would be nice while we're at it).

But with characters this is simply not happening. They should be turned to high all the time for you and your companion, and have varying degrees of quality for other characters just as it's done with world.

Edited by coldcite

http://d37nnnqwv9amwr.cloudfront.net/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042

You don't have the issue so it doesn't exist!

Seriously, I would lay a bet mine and my brother's computer blows whatever you have out of the water and you are telling people to buy a new rig?

Basic troubleshooting, every other game works fine on ultra and textures are displayed properly, come to this game and textures are blurry. Now unless you have no sense of logic then you'd come to the conclusion that it is the game at fault.

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/12553/12854563.jpg

Intel 990x Hex Core @ 4.4GHz

3x Swiftech H20-320 Water Cooling Kits

2x Epsilon 6990 Waterblocks

3x Dell U2410 24" Monitors

2x AMD 6990 Video Cards running in Eyefinity

12GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000C9

Astro Headphones 2011 w/Mixamp 2010

Logitech G19 Keyboard

Logitech G9x Mouse

LG Blu Ray Burner

External Plextor Blu Ray Reader

X-FI Titanium Champion Series PCI-E

6x 600GB 10000 RPM Western Digital Velociraptors

eVGA X58 Classified 3 Motherboard

Believe it or not your not the only one who can build a PC. You clearly are in denial because someone even posted screenshot comparisons and I posted one while in a conversation. It's a bug with the game and it's frustrating it hasn't been dealt with especially since the patch said it was.

Edited by Chromiie

Do you want me to send you screenshots from my game?

Here we go again... "I don't have the problem so that means no one else does either!"

Have you looked at the screenshots in this thread, or are you ignoring them like a bunch of people who think that if they just ignore the problems they'll go away.

If ingame, you can select high, medium and low texture´s.

While the game does load textures if you go from high-medium to low, it doesnt if you go from medium to high or vice versa. What does it tell us?

Either medium or high are not loaded, else the screen would turn black for 1 sec like it does with the other settings too. So the conclusion is, high and medium are the same textures.

Its not very hard to see the missing textures, but I understand if people with bad PC´s dont want to see them. Its always a bad feeling to have a game that you cant enjoy by its full details, so its easier to pretend the stuff is fine as it is.

If ingame, you can select high, medium and low texture´s.

While the game does load textures if you go from high-medium to low, it doesnt if you go from medium to high or vice versa. What does it tell us?

Either medium or high are not loaded, else the screen would turn black for 1 sec like it does with the other settings too. So the conclusion is, high and medium are the same textures.

Its not very hard to see the missing textures, but I understand if people with bad PC´s dont want to see them. Its always a bad feeling to have a game that you cant enjoy by its full details, so its easier to pretend the stuff is fine as it is.

This is exactly what is happening. Seriously, anyone who still doesn't believe this is happening try this out yourself, and if it somehow DOES work for you, then your one of the few.

I have also been dealing with this problem. My buddy and I have the exact same machine setup, and when I complained to him about the graphic quality, he called me fickle, impossible, unreasonable. Then he saw the graphics on my machine and profusely apologized.

We still can't figure out why the game looks different on our machines. The only difference is the date that we downloaded the game.

I have also been dealing with this problem. My buddy and I have the exact same machine setup, and when I complained to him about the graphic quality, he called me fickle, impossible, unreasonable. Then he saw the graphics on my machine and profusely apologized.

We still can't figure out why the game looks different on our machines. The only difference is the date that we downloaded the game.

So far it seems random on when it decides to work or not.

Really what we need is someone from Bioware to just SAY what the problem is instead of pretty much ignoring it also. Maybe they don;t know yet, but saying they know its an issue would be better than nothing.