So when can we expect to get working textures?

Chromiie

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop saying this is working as intended, or blaming low performance PC.

From Stephen Raid(see dev tracker):

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spankyjnco

2. Is there a plan to fix the graphic settings? Right now there is no real difference between medium/high graphics and it's apparent that we are all stuck with the medium textures. What's the reasoning for this, and do you guys have a fix planned?

It's a bug, and we are working on rolling out a fix.

Graphical errors. Textures are on armor, buildings anything pretty much just look at the lack of detail in this picture. You see the closeup? The detail looks blurry and lowres and yet the camera is zoomed in on the character.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632987557051004900/A7341C9C8423D2650E0FE8406ADFFFE45F792D4C/

My textures look fine, its just when I turn around sometimes, it looks like a lazer light show.

I can, and will. When I am ready and able. Bookmark this thread.

Already did.

and like I said earlier, one screenshot of your character in the selection screen, and one up close in game.

Feel free to prove me wrong and show me that yours is working, if it is then you're one of the extremely lucky ones and I apologize for doubting you, but until then you have to understand it's hard to believe when no one has shown it working yet.

This should be a high priority fix, as it's promised on the box, and in the screenshots that the game marketed with. The fact it's been an issue since beta and continues to be is horrid.

your right it should be its kinda laughable they cut it out for releases i dont remember a MMO releases since 2004 that didnt have high res texture packs in at release.

How I see this is simple.

People with a bad pc have FPS issues. They should buy a new pc, or ask here for help. We dont bite at this forum and a couple of people I could help allready.

I think it is wrong to keep many people in the dark about the graphic issues SWTOR currently has. It doesnt seem like we can help ourselfs there, so we depend on BW.

A person who does have an old PC, can always keep his low settings - nobody is forced to use the new sliders that BW is holding back / textures.

Their gameplay does not suffer at all, if we get a bit more power - until we dont, our gameplay does suffer unfortunately.

The game is great, dont get me wrong there. But it would be nice to get somekind of informations here.

This, and if you are having problems simply disable shadows, it runs a lot smoother. My game runs beautifully I just want the detail I see in the cutscenes.

Graphical errors. Textures are on armor, buildings anything pretty much just look at the lack of detail in this picture. You see the closeup? The detail looks blurry and lowres and yet the camera is zoomed in on the character.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632987557051004900/A7341C9C8423D2650E0FE8406ADFFFE45F792D4C/

My textures look fine, its just when I turn around sometimes, it looks like a lazer light show.

That looks like its during a cutscene though, which is when the textures seem to work properly, it's when you're just running around playing they don't work.

Why do the people posting issues on forums always think their problem trumps all other problems and immediately get angry when someone mentions other more important issues?

You are just moaning, you haven't provided any screens to show what you're talking about and proceed call the game broken and the developers idiots, when as far as they know you are just some pathetic graphics fanboy who sees one blurry texture and complains about there being no high res textures. Grow up, appreciate that other people might be having bigger problems than you (and no, I'm not one of them, my game runs perfectly) and stop acting like the world is going to end when you don't get your own way. Are you a child or someone with Autism? I don't think so. If you are then remember, life's not fair, deal with it like the rest of us.

Lol! This guy. Perfect doesnt exist in this game. Not for a while.

That looks like its during a cutscene though, which is when the textures seem to work properly, it's when you're just running around playing they don't work.

My point for that screenshot is even during a cutscene the textures aren't always high and look the same when in normal gameplay. Just look at this. The helmet looks terrible and the armor is even worse.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/631860948345708653/BFDAF80D7113996CE7C499B59E68A2F62068FBCA/

Stop saying this is working as intended, or blaming low performance PC.

From Stephen Raid(see dev tracker):

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spankyjnco

2. Is there a plan to fix the graphic settings? Right now there is no real difference between medium/high graphics and it's apparent that we are all stuck with the medium textures. What's the reasoning for this, and do you guys have a fix planned?

It's a bug, and we are working on rolling out a fix.

Finally, someone from Bioware has actually said something about this. There you have it everyone who is still denying it.

My point for that screenshot is even during a cutscene the textures aren't always high and look the same when in normal gameplay. Just look at this. The helmet looks terrible and the armor is even worse.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/631860948345708653/BFDAF80D7113996CE7C499B59E68A2F62068FBCA/

Yeah I see it now. It seems that it mostly works in cutscenes but sometimes doesn't, and never works in normal gameplay.

Hello evr1=). Just tested new "patch". Nothing new. But now I can actually see a texture line in ini.! Low textures is "TextureQuality = 1", while medium is "TextureQuality = 0". It seems that Bioware just mocks at us! Cos "1" for low, "0" for higher setting?!? Where is your logic then.... So I may be an idiot but tried "2", "3", lol even "-1" and "-2", after almost getting a heartattack from da "view", I finally gave up... So Devs PLEASE give us this magical number! I have good rig and easily afford high textures, so after paying you 80$ I quite deserve high quality and a little lag maybe

How I see this is simple.

People with a bad pc have FPS issues. They should buy a new pc, or ask here for help. We dont bite at this forum and a couple of people I could help allready.

I think it is wrong to keep many people in the dark about the graphic issues SWTOR currently has. It doesnt seem like we can help ourselfs there, so we depend on BW.

A person who does have an old PC, can always keep his low settings - nobody is forced to use the new sliders that BW is holding back / textures.

Their gameplay does not suffer at all, if we get a bit more power - until we dont, our gameplay does suffer unfortunately.

The game is great, dont get me wrong there. But it would be nice to get somekind of informations here.

Read the 500+ pages this topic has been spread on. People with high end systems also experience FPS drops. People playing games like Skyrim or BF3 on ultra and choking on TOR on low settings. Add to that the fact that if your machine meets the system requirements it should run even at least Low, this is not my case for instance with everything on low or disabled when possible. Worse, I get better performance with some settings on High than on Low...

Get some information. Because *you* don't experience any of these issues doesn't mean that they don't exist.

So back to square one, why would you expect them to fix the HQ textures when they can't even get the game to work on low settings?

Edited by demotivator

So we know today's patch didn't change anything about the discrepancy of armor textures in- and outside of cutscenes if you're trying to run High textures, however I just noticed upon logging in just now that my character selection screen is now also stuck at 'medium texture' level. There is no reloading of the graphics anymore when I switch from medium -> high. I was still able to see High textures in the char selection screen a while ago. What's going on here?

Also here are some more comparison screenshots:

my armor during a cutscene

my armor during regular gameplay

Both taken at the exact same spot about 2 seconds apart by pressing the intercom button (which briefly loads the graphics you see during a cutscene).

And this is an armor I'm wearing because it's one of least badly affected, there are many that are far worse. :(

edit: rummaged around in my storage box a little and found the slave girl outfit which shows the problem even more clearly:

slave girl outfit during a cutscene

slave girl outfit during regular gameplay

Edited by Amarinth

So we know today's patch didn't change anything about the discrepancy of armor textures in- and outside of cutscenes if you're trying to run High textures, however I just noticed upon logging in just now that my character selection screen is now also stuck at 'medium texture' level. There is no reloading of the graphics anymore when I switch from medium -> high. I was still able to see High textures in the char selection screen a while ago. What's going on here?

Also here are some more comparison screenshots:

my armor during a cutscene

my armor during regular gameplay

Both taken at the exact same spot about 2 seconds apart by pressing the intercom button (which briefly loads the graphics you see during a cutscene).

And this is an armor I'm wearing because it's one of least badly affected, there are many that are far worse. :(

edit: rummaged around in my storage box a little and found the slave girl outfit which shows the problem even more clearly:

slave girl outfit during a cutscene

slave girl outfit during regular gameplay

Bioware confirmed that it's a bug. Hopefully one that they will fix very soon.

Also strange that yours is stuck on medium on character selection now too, mine seems to still be on high there.

Bioware confirmed that it's a bug. Hopefully one that they will fix very soon.

Also strange that yours is stuck on medium on character selection now too, mine seems to still be on high there.

I'm going to try and reset my ini file (again) since this patch fixed that problem with the wrong default settings showing - just in case that is somehow to blame for my High textures missing from character select (I tried changing it up and down several times btw, with both OK and Apply).

Edited by Amarinth

Read the 500+ pages this topic has been spread on. People with high end systems also experience FPS drops. People playing games like Skyrim or BF3 on ultra and choking on TOR on low settings. Add to that the fact that if your machine meets the system requirements it should run even at least Low, this is not my case for instance with everything on low or disabled when possible. Worse, I get better performance with some settings on High than on Low...

Get some information. Because *you* don't experience any of these issues doesn't mean that they don't exist.

So back to square one, why would you expect them to fix the HQ textures when they can't even get the game to work on low settings?

Bf 3 and especially Skyrim are not PC only. Both games are so coded, that they run on the last console generation. You can easily google the specs of a PS 3 by the way.

Since Bethesda does want that people can play Skyrim with their PS3, what do they do? They develop the game, so that it works on a PS3 in good settings.

The graphics of those games are ok, the clients are so made that they dont "destroy" the hardware of a console. Ofc it then runs perfect on a pc, I hardly doubt that many PC´s out there are from 2006 or even older.

BF3 does not need a very good pc either, what needs a high end system is the special sampling and graphic enhancement that only the pc version has, something most people who claim "I run BF 3 on high, dont even have activated".

Also people always forget, that this here is an MMO. At MMO´s the CPU, Ram, HDD matter a lot more than at shooter games. Guess why the weaker AMD quad´s struggle since years, while the intel´s just run MMO´s so much more smooth?

And last but not least, having a good PC is one thing - but beeing able to use it right another. Many people run their system´s with totally wrong settings - have mainboards that are not compatible to their other hardware (just because the PC doesnt explode if you boot, the system can still be slowed down by such things). There are reasons why Asus & co. have compatibility list´s running.

While BW might be able to tweak the client a bit, a few fps here and there are possible, they cant fix the people out there. They also cant tweak the hardware - software compatibility for you, be it driver´s, Bios or anything like that.

There are people with a proper system that run the game - it shows that the game is playable! So far I havnt seen anyone with a draw distance slider, with high res textures or any of the other things we were discussing in this thread.

If you want more informations about this, there are websites that explain everything what I said in detail. I advice people to read it, if they struggle with games.

Good luck.

Edited by RachelAnne

Bf 3 and especially Skyrim are not PC only. Both games are so coded, that they run on the last console generation. You can easily google the specs of a PS 3 by the way.

Since Bethesda does want that people can play Skyrim with their PS3, what do they do? They develop the game, so that it works on a PS3 in good settings.

The graphics of those games are ok, the clients are so made that they dont "destroy" the hardware of a console. Ofc it then runs perfect on a pc, I hardly doubt that many PC´s out there are from 2006 or even older.

BF3 does not need a very good pc either, what needs a high end system is the special sampling and graphic enhancement that only the pc version has, something most people who claim "I run BF 3 on high, dont even have activated".

Also people always forget, that this here is an MMO. At MMO´s the CPU, Ram, HDD matter a lot more than at shooter games. Guess why the weaker AMD quad´s struggle since years, while the intel´s just run MMO´s so much more smooth?

And last but not least, having a good PC is one thing - but beeing able to use it right another. Many people run their system´s with totally wrong settings - have mainboards that are not compatible to their other hardware (just because the PC doesnt explode if you boot, the system can still be slowed down by such things). There are reasons why Asus & co. have compatibility list´s running.

While BW might be able to tweak the client a bit, a few fps here and there are possible, they cant fix the people out there. They also cant tweak the hardware - software compatibility for you, be it driver´s, Bios or anything like that.

There are people with a proper system that run the game - it shows that the game is playable! So far I havnt seen anyone with a draw distance slider, with high res textures or any of the other things we were discussing in this thread.

If you want more informations about this, there are websites that explain everything what I said in detail. I advice people to read it, if they struggle with games.

Good luck.

Yeah sure that's why the game was running fine during Beta and Early Access then comes launch day patch and things go to hell.

Sure that's our system and not the patches that broke something. Especially when the issue was acknowledged.

But keep saying that's our system and not the game as more people experience this kind of problems with each patch.

Edited by demotivator