Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The Truth about Operatives (Battlemaster 47)

pmcubed

I am BM with 5 pieces of BM gear, full champ, with biochem stims & adrenals.

Surprise - I can kill sub 50's usually before they get up. You know what this is? A need for brackets.

Because...

Equally geared 50's are a different story. Even when I have my full rotation on tanks who are in tank spec, they aren't going to die. In fact, they will have a full resolve bar and probably 75% HP or more once they get up.

Sages/Sorcs need to learn how to spec. Even if you want to heal in PVP, you need to understand you cant take your PVE spec into PVP. Get 12 points in lightning and use your dots. 18 sec. that the Op can't stealth again and you've taken zero damage.

Seriously, this isn't an issue with Ops being OP. It is the need for brackets and/or the players not experimenting with new builds that focus on PVP survivability.

IMHO - Ops aren't OP, but do have an advantage in that they can position themselves better. This is needed, since their effective range is 10m. or less.

Operatives do too much burst in their opener and thats a fact.

The damage needs to be toned down, not by alot, but with alittle bit.

I'm guessing you are not level 50. With 572 Expertise like me...

If a tank had 570 Expertise, I would only tickle him as he strolls into the Huttball endzone.

Which class is OP now?

Edited by pmcubed

Surprise - I can kill sub 50's usually before they get up. You know what this is? A need for brackets.

Because...

Equally geared 50's are a different story. Even when I have my full rotation on tanks who are in tank spec, they aren't going to die. In fact, they will have a full resolve bar and probably 75% HP or more once they get up.

Sages/Sorcs need to learn how to spec. Even if you want to heal in PVP, you need to understand you cant take your PVE spec into PVP. Get 12 points in lightning and use your dots. 18 sec. that the Op can't stealth again and you've taken zero damage.

Seriously, this isn't an issue with Ops being OP. It is the need for brackets and/or the players not experimenting with new builds that focus on PVP survivability.

IMHO - Ops aren't OP, but do have an advantage in that they can position themselves better. This is needed, since their effective range is 10m. or less.

Again already a thread on this, and again if it was just 50s atm with a New release your que times would be over 1hr easily, so if you wanna stand around like a retard for that amount of time then by all means, i for one do not...

Again already a thread on this, and again if it was just 50s atm with a New release your que times would be over 1hr easily, so if you wanna stand around like a retard for that amount of time then by all means, i for one do not...

I'm not suggesting brackets, but you need to realize Ops aren't OP when up against equally geared 50's of other classes.

99% of the QQ is from sub 50's with zero expertise.

EDIT: It might of seemed like I want brackets, but It was more implied. I'll say - More of a need for brackets then to nerf the Operatives. <-- that version might sound better

Edited by pmcubed

I'm guessing you are not level 50. With 572 Expertise like me...

If a tank had 570 Expertise, I would only tickle him as he strolls into the Huttball endzone.

Which class is OP now?

I am level 50 with 448 expertise, and me personally do not have THAT big issues with operatives myself. Its just whenever I play with my sage friend who heals me, he can tank 2-3 ppl just fine and still keep me up without that bif issues because of CD's etc. But as soon as an operative opens on him, I have to drop whatever I am doing and help him out or both of us will end up dead, since hes instantly forced to heal himself pretty much all the time.

Not saying operatives needs big nerfs, im just asking for a slight damage change, since they do too much damage.

If a tank had 570 expertise, what class would roll over him? Surely not anyone in this game thats for sure. So that points is just so invalid its not even funny.

Edit: Saying your damage is fine and does not need tuning, just tells me you are very biased.

Edited by Ghingis

I am level 50 with 448 expertise, and me personally do not have THAT big issues with operatives myself. Its just whenever I play with my sage friend who heals me, he can tank 2-3 ppl just fine and still keep me up without that bif issues because of CD's etc. But as soon as an operative opens on him, I have to drop whatever I am doing and help him out or both of us will end up dead, since hes instantly forced to heal himself pretty much all the time.

Not saying operatives needs big nerfs, im just asking for a slight damage change, since they do too much damage.

If a tank had 570 expertise, what class would roll over him? Surely not anyone in this game thats for sure. So that points is just so invalid its not even funny.

Edit: Saying your damage is fine and does not need tuning, just tells me you are very biased.

tell your sage friend to get 12 points in the middle tree to blind the Op out of hidden strike. That AoE heal is for PVE and doesn't belong in WZ's.

All OP effective damage is out of stealth. When you negate that, they are hardly a problem.

Because...

That's sounds like:

"I'm so OP so that i'm crazy enough to jump on tanks (why u do it anyways if u can choose targets) instead of others and I'm slightly dissapointed i can't 3 shot tank".

I'll give it two months until they fix the bloody class, then I'll enjoy seeing OPs actually having to PVP.

Well that is the nature of MMO PVP. Unnecessarily nerfing a class because of community pressure. Next month it will be the sages/sorcs :D

When will the madness end.

Well that is the nature of MMO PVP. Unnecessarily nerfing a class because of community pressure. Next month it will be the sages/sorcs :D

When will the madness end.

Perhaps, but some nerfs are needed, much like the one for OPs and scoundrels, or are you saying they are fine, and it's a L2P issue?

So what you are saying is that Operatives are just fine. Why is it "Ok" for a healer to tank 2-3 guys?? An Operative should function as your anti-healer, but get slaughtered by Tanking types.

You Rock, He Paper, I'M THE SCISSORS!!

Perhaps, but some nerfs are needed, much like the one for OPs and scoundrels, or are you saying they are fine, and it's a L2P issue?

I don't agree - I played against premades with very good gear and smart players. It is VERY difficult even with my gear and ability to completely dominate a Sorc/Sage if they spec correctly. Ofc Tanks are the same.

The issue is more psychological. People hate being out of character control. Being stunned and unable to fight back makes them upset. Not having clear sight of a target before they attack.

This can be countered by smart builds and teamwork. I really don't see end-game competative PVP being dominated by Ops. I really don't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.