Why are people so angry about early access

Wa_shout

Think about it for a bit. This is a whole new game, even with the beta there haven't been so many online at one time.

This make the early release a stress test that last 7 days until they game is officially released.

It is true that BioWare could just come out and say this, but an early release sounds better.

Because even though we have two extra days instead of the 15th..people will complain about not getting in on the first day. Even if they didn't preorder in July. Other than that..some CE owners think that because they payed more, they have to be put in first reguardless when they preordered. etc, etc..

Think about it for a bit. This is WoW in space, even with the beta there haven't been so few online at one time.

This make the early release a stress test that lasts 7 days until their game is officially released.

It is true that BioWare could just ignore us and laugh, but a selective release sounds better.

I fixed it for you

Think about it for a bit. This is a whole new game, even with the beta there haven't been so many online at one time.

This make the early release a stress test that last 7 days until they game is officially released.

It is true that BioWare could just come out and say this, but an early release sounds better.

I'm mad because by the time I see a load screen someone will have:

1) name-locked any cool name on all servers including clever bank alt names

2) max leveled

3) max leveled a profession

4) owned the auction house and setting the economy

5) forced me to choose a different way of playing MMOs (which used to be on PVP servers) because I will have to wade through no-life level 50s camping out the level 20 zones on PVP servers... so I won't be playing this game as a PVPer thanks to Bioware and this release

6) I have no guarantee that certain accounts weren't put to the head of the line... pre-order or not

7) Bioware effectively negated server and world "firsts" which... even though I would never ever get one myself... was SO FUN to participate in and see happen. I won't even be there to see any type of server history.

It is the unfair advantage issue on the PVP servers that drive it for me and the fact that my name will probably be gone. I could see it if the people who are on paid more than me for the privelage to be on first, but they did not. These kind of things cause riots when they deal with food, shelter, or clothing. I can understand the rants.

Edited by Provos

Boils down to jealousy and greed. The people who are complaining are the ones who waited until last minute to pre-order, so they're throwing tantrums. Simple as that.

No other MMO has "released" this way... it's not even close to as simple as being jealous. Sorry: you are wrong... totally wrong. And way to judge me and others like me without a clue.

Sorry but the real stress test was weeks ago and went well. Servers are currently low populated so your stress test idea doesn't work. Considering that sharding the zones wasn't needed at all asays it all.

No other MMO has "released" this way... it's not even close to as simple as being jealous. Sorry: you are wrong... totally wrong. And way to judge me and others like me without a clue.

I've read dozens of threads on this topic since my first beta test weekend. 90% of the current complaints are only polished turds. People are trying to find ways to validate their anger at not getting to play from minute one. And you're right, no other MMO has done this. How dare BioWare observe the difficulties of every other MMO's launch and attempt to alleviate them for the launch of Old Republic. They should just let us deal with the usual server crashes and ridiculous lag that we're used to. Improvements are for snobs.

And pretty much the release of every other MMO has sucked.

Most of my rage is largely from the handling of this. It is a bad way to start. A lot of people remember when Blizzard first pushed WoW. The servers were unstable and overpopulated, they had to roll out hardware and you had to convince your friend to leave his 4 8-slot bags of Peacebloom on his level 15 Priest to reroll on a lighter server that was pushed the second day of launch.

There were mea culpas, pro-rated time for extended server downtime. There was humility involved. Now as the largest MMO in the world, there's none of that (especially after Activision's excised Blizzard's soul and replaced it with a clockwork heart of solid gold)... This is a pretty large undertaking by Bioware and its not like any of their other games. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KOTOR... those were like getting ready for the prom. A lot of effort for one magical night. An MMO is like a wedding... A lot of effort for a long term relationship. If they're already sticking it to you on the prenup to you before the "I Do's", it's a bad precedence to set. It shows a pattern of unapologetic behavior and bull that's going to follow this game through its gaffes.

Sadly, SWTOR is going to need every advantage it can get and crossing your base before they even get a chance to invest in the game is a very bad prediction of what things will be like in the long haul.

A company is always the most sensitive to customers when trying to establish a following and client base. Once established, customer satisfaction starts down a spiral on entropy. So far the bar has been set worryingly low.