Centurion badges / Champion chances....

Enerzeal

Please change the method of acquiring pvp gear already. So far I have opened 18 Champion bags and only one of them has delivered me any loot, and it was a belt of all things.

If I want to get 3 badges outside of dailies and weekly bags I need to get 200 Mercenary badges and 200 warzone badges. 800 Warzone badges essentially are needed for at worst 3 centurion badges, an average warzone win might net me 80 warzone badges. 8 wins to get 3 badges. If I take into account that I need 39 centurion badges for a main piece, for example my legs, I must get 13 centurion bags. To get 13 centurion bags I must win 104 warzones, or complete my dailies for seven days. Include the two weekly quests and that drops down to three days, but never more than 1 body piece in a week.

Remove this pointless random drop system that burns the unlucky. At this rate It will take me over a month to complete my centurion set and perhaps a quarter of the champion set, assuming my luck doesn't dry up completely....

Don't want to work for your equipment, eh? Want it handed to you on a silver platter, eh?

http://thatdianne.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/oliver-one.jpg

You know this can be turned around on you right?

Like to get lucky eh? Scared of it having a set cost forcing you to work for it eh? Want it handed to you on a lucky silver platter, eh?

http://thatdianne.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/oliver-one.jpg

Completely removing tokens from bags would be a fair solution. Kind of pisses me off to see rank 20ish players with better gear than me just because they got lucky with their RNG gear. Commendation costs for items may have to be lowered in that case, but getting one piece of gear a week seems pretty normal to me : we're 3 weeks past launch and lots of players already have the best gear.

There i a difference between having gear given to you on a silver platter and RNG.

I don't even PvP. I am a PvE and I have like 4 pieces of champions gear in about only 9 bags worth. If this fair? Not really. I have guildies who WZ all day and pre made all day opened 10 bags and nothing.

Random chance on endgame PvP gear... bad idea, period.

I've had decent luck on my gear rolls, but knowing people who have had TERRIBLE luck and people who have already gotten fully geared (while playing less games/less time), it's not very fair to people who haven't had good luck.

Let's put a set price on this crap, guys. The entire bag system is a bit convoluted.

...work for your equipment...

This is a game. It's not a work. They are not paying me to work. I'm paying. It should be about fun not work.

Why is it that I open 5 bags at once and don't get jack and yet someone else opens 5 bags and gets 4 items? I've opened 30 bags and gotten 2 pieces of champion gear....***.

I'm over 50+ bags myself and only 4 items. My guildmate has already 6 items (btw I got accessories, he got mostly armor) and he only opened like 20 something bag.

Completely removing tokens from bags would be a fair solution. Kind of pisses me off to see rank 20ish players with better gear than me just because they got lucky with their RNG gear. Commendation costs for items may have to be lowered in that case, but getting one piece of gear a week seems pretty normal to me : we're 3 weeks past launch and lots of players already have the best gear.

The RNG is totally unfair and costs are a little bit overprices for normal way. 100+ wins per 13 bags (according to above calculation) is totally overrated.

I mean why would you design a feature just to piss off the majority yea:D We are not koreans who can sit infron of a comp grinding 12 hours aday:rolleyes:

But someone who doesn't do that could easily get the same gear the frequent player does. The probability of them striking the piece they want just by playing more is still the same.

20 bags, 6 items. No duplicates. Didnt get my first item til 11th and 12 bags. I agree RNG is a horrible way to gear people out when expertise is absolutely needed. The problem is twofold: The price of gear (or the lack thereof to obtain any) and the ability to get duplicate items.

Though I'd have done something like award Centurion gear and give Champion gear to people who are valor 40 already. Also I'd have the tokens be redeemable for 3 or so different slots. Lastly, I'd add more commendations to each bag even if you receive an item or reduce the cost of pvp items. A lightsaber is 72 for centurions. 39 for a headpiece. 3 per bag if you get no items. Thats a little much.

Edited by RevenanceSLC

QFTW:

Random chance on endgame PvP gear... bad idea, period.

I've had decent luck on my gear rolls, but knowing people who have had TERRIBLE luck and people who have already gotten fully geared (while playing less games/less time), it's not very fair to people who haven't had good luck.

Let's put a set price on this crap, guys. The entire bag system is a bit convoluted.

Luck and probability should never determine loot.

The possibility to get useless multiples of the same gear over and over should never exist.

Having the same probability of getting different gear slots will be considered great by some and awful by others depending on their luck. I for one see this as bad as from my currently accrued bags I have only recieved 2x implants and a whole truck load of commendations.

It seems the higher valor the less chance you will get champ gear, especially when you reach valor 60 since its designed expecting you will be aiming for battlemaster and battlemaster has even lower chance compared to champion gear.

I saved up 1k Merc and 1k WZ, and bought 1 level 50 pvp bag, totaling 6 bags. As soon as I hit 50. I opened up said bags. Previously I did not know of the drop rate, I expected to loot nothing, however. I got 6 epics out of the 6 bags. Then I got 3 more epics that day. I officially have 8/14 champ epics, and my companion has 1 (I looted 3 implants). That was yesterday for me. Are people really having that bad of luck with this gear?

That was yesterday for me. Are people really having that bad of luck with this gear?
Yes there are.

82 Bags gave me:

5 Trinkets - I need 0 due to them not having any stats

3 Bracers - Cannot take mods out of them

2 Ear slots - Again no mods

2 Implants - At least i need two

2 Pants - Yay

2 Headslots - Yay

1 Chest

1 Gloves

1 Offhand

1 Belt

0 Boots

0 Weapon

So basically i'v 1/4th droprate if i only count drops, if i take out all the duplicates i'm at a

1/10th chance for a token.

I saved up 1k Merc and 1k WZ, and bought 1 level 50 pvp bag, totaling 6 bags. As soon as I hit 50. I opened up said bags. Previously I did not know of the drop rate, I expected to loot nothing, however. I got 6 epics out of the 6 bags. Then I got 3 more epics that day. I officially have 8/14 champ epics, and my companion has 1 (I looted 3 implants). That was yesterday for me. Are people really having that bad of luck with this gear?

I want to believe you're trolling. That is über lucky.

Yes there are.

82 Bags gave me:

5 Trinkets - I need 0 due to them not having any stats

3 Bracers - Cannot take mods out of them

2 Ear slots - Again no mods

2 Implants - At least i need two

2 Pants - Yay

2 Headslots - Yay

1 Chest

1 Gloves

1 Offhand

1 Belt

0 Boots

0 Weapon

So basically i'v 1/4th droprate if i only count drops, if i take out all the duplicates i'm at a

1/10th chance for a token.

You are fairly geared and the game has only been out a few weeks. What is your complaint exactly?

You are fairly geared and the game has only been out a few weeks. What is your complaint exactly?
I'm geared because i played a lot.

But guess what? That is not what many people can do. In the long term the huge random will result in a lot of undergeared people in PvP playing against fully geared people.

One Bag through Warzone takes anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. Once(or if) wintrading is gone, the Ilum Bag will take a lot longer than the 3 minutes it currently does.

The thing is, if you play a lot, you can outplay the RNG by getting a lot of bags. If you don't play a lot, you're screwed. In the long term it will hurt all the "casuals", since they're screwed.

Whats better?

1) Close to full geared RNG Hardcore gamers vs. casuals with no gear.

2) Full geared Hardcore gamers vs. casuals gradually getting more gear.

I mean why would you design a feature just to piss off the majority yea:D We are not koreans who can sit infron of a comp grinding 12 hours aday:rolleyes:

I am not Korean either but I grinded for about 16 hours last week, now back to work. :-(

Not sure if this refers to the pvp loot system you're referring to, but:

Patch notes this day.

Items

General

PvP lockboxes now cost 70 commendations, contain more consumables, and always contain an item.

atleast i hope it refers to this issue :D

Not sure if this refers to the pvp loot system you're referring to, but:

Patch notes this day.

Items

General

PvP lockboxes now cost 70 commendations, contain more consumables, and always contain an item.

atleast i hope it refers to this issue :D

nope they are the uselss green boxes that serve no purpose and was a fix that was not needed