If you dont want to play dont play

andrewtwofivetwo

yeah but dont people have more for there time then telling a game there going to quit it?

By making threads like this, you are only validating their childish behavior. Stop acknowledging them. Don't post in their threads. If it's a blatant troll thread, just flag it, resist temptation to post, and move on.

They want attention. Don't give it to them.

Edited by belialle

I know this may be shotdown or be called a trolled but i just want to make it clear that if you dont like the game,are bored of it,want something more you dont have to tell us you quiting just quit

Jan 20th can't come fast enough, and then we'll see. Those that will unsub to boredom represent incalculably small percentage of the sub base anyway. I have a feeling a few of them will still be posting. Apparently that is truly their game of choice.

I think it has more to do with people wanting to vent their frustration.

If you order something in the restaurant, and they bring you crap, don't you complain? I actually question the people who don't complain more than the people that do. Why wouldn't you stand up for yourself and vent a bit? Hell, you earned that money you are using to pay for that product.

If you order something in the restaurant, and they bring you crap, don't you complain? I actually question the people who don't complain more than the people that do. Why wouldn't you stand up for yourself and vent a bit? Hell, you earned that money you are using to pay for that product.

Yeah, if someone has a valid concern or criticism, I don't care if they want to post about it. Certainly there is room for improvement.

But I keep seeing the same names over and over again. These people aren't interested in venting or offering anything constructive. One day they'll say they broke their game discs because they hate the game so much. Then they'll come back the next day and pretend to be a "concerned fan". It's BS. They are straight up trolling, pure and simple. Those people should be ignored.

Edited by belialle

Jan 20th can't come fast enough, and then we'll see. Those that will unsub to boredom represent incalculably small percentage of the sub base anyway. I have a feeling a few of them will still be posting. Apparently that is truly their game of choice.

you... do realize... that posting here doesn't require an active account in-game?

that being said, yes. many trolls will still be posting here because they want to play this game, but only when it is better. and they want to be heard. because they're important too.

and we wont cause this game is getting ridiculous.

i hate questing i came here 100% for PVP and pvp sucks and leveling sucks and its annoying and frustrating with these ****** quests that i have to travel all over the place and back 3 times just to get to the next point of a quest.

def not worth subbing

By making threads like this, you are only validating their childish behavior. Stop acknowledging them. Don't post in their threads. If it's a blatant troll thread, just flag it, resist temptation to post, and move on.

They want attention. Don't give it to them.

Sadly this near-perfect solution never seems to actually hapen.

/irony

you... do realize... that posting here doesn't require an active account in-game?

that being said, yes. many trolls will still be posting here because they want to play this game, but only when it is better. and they want to be heard. because they're important too.

Yet. You, I gues, do not realize that come the 20th, when subscriptions kick in, you'll have to be a paying subscriber to post here. That was announced in the dev tracker just before the pre-release forums were wiped.

i hate questing i came here 100% for PVP and pvp sucks and leveling sucks and its annoying and frustrating with these ****** quests that i have to travel all over the place and back 3 times just to get to the next point of a quest.

def not worth subbing

I lol'ed. Get BF3/COD if all you want to do is pvp. I lol'ed again.

Edited by LightLight

I cant speak for everyone, but I'm certain that they are posting they are quitting because they want the reasons why they are quitting addressed.

IMO: It's a good game. I agree that it has some major flaws. And those flaws are going to cost accounts until it's fixed.

Don't bother responding to the threads or even reading them if you don't want to. But if nobody tells Bioware what's wrong with their game, and what it's costing them; then they may not have the incentive to respond to the problem.

This is about the only ultimatum that a customer can have. As consumers, we have little to no control of telling a company how to achieve greater customer satisfaction. And unfortunately, cutting ones subscription is about the last resort.

def not worth subbing

alright hen dont sub then,im still going to sub because i enjoyed it

If I order something at a restaurant and it's gross, I don't complain. I tip my server, leave, and never come back again.

Then, when my friends ask, I'll tell them about my experience. Complaining is pointless. The damage is done. What, you get a free appetizer or drink or entrée? I tried the product, I took the risk. I'll never buy it again.

Everyone in the entire world has opinions, which makes yours worth what?

If I order something at a restaurant and it's gross, I don't complain. I tip my server, leave, and never come back again.

Then, when my friends ask, I'll tell them about my experience. Complaining is pointless. The damage is done. What, you get a free appetizer or drink or entrée? I tried the product, I took the risk. I'll never buy it again.

Everyone in the entire world has opinions, which makes yours worth what?

I think you've explained it all by yourself.

People are paying, you cant really tip the game, canceling their sub, and telling their problem to whoever will listen (in the most public way they can).

But for that matter, Bioware needs to know what their problems are and hear it from customers. if they don't, then how will they know what to prioritize for patches and fixes?

true but how many of the players base wanted this game even earlier than 20th of dec 2011 to be live. Now we got it so whats the problem?

Not saying you dont get me wrong but loads of players did.

Come on cook that **** faster and when the meal got served..ohh well another day, another dollar...

Yet. You, I gues, do not realize that come the 20th, when subscriptions kick in, you'll have to be a paying subscriber to post here. That was announced in the dev tracker just before the pre-release forums were wiped.

REALLY? Happy birthday to me! I was just going to make a thread suggesting such a thing. :D:cool:

I think you've explained it all by yourself.

People are paying, you cant really tip the game, canceling their sub, and telling their problem to whoever will listen (in the most public way they can).

But for that matter, Bioware needs to know what their problems are and hear it from customers. if they don't, then how will they know what to prioritize for patches and fixes?

Bioware plays their own game, and they have played their competitor's games. They have in-house testers. Why would you think they need 10000000 forums posters to tell them how to develop and improve their game?

I know this may be shotdown or be called a trolled but i just want to make it clear that if you dont like the game,are bored of it,want something more you dont have to tell us you quiting just quit

The general idea is to welcome people to the game and not kick them out. If they do it constructively while going, then that is what a "general" forum is for.

Bioware plays their own game, and they have played their competitor's games. They have in-house testers. Why would you think they need 10000000 forums posters to tell them how to develop and improve their game?

Because they obviously only looked at what the other games were doing instead of asking themselves why they were doing it so they could change it to suit their own needs.

Which is why this game is sadly WoW in space, with lightsabers and not a unique experience.

E.i. not what people wanted. When you see people complain that this or that is lacking compared to WoW, it's not because they want it to be WoW, it's because they want it to have the same functionalities, only developed for a and fit into the Star Wars Universe.

I'm more and more beginning to think that the people who say other people want WoW2 with lightsabers are just projecting their own feelings onto other people because yelling at themselves for not seeing it would destroy the illusions they have set up about this game not being WoW in space with lightsabers.

I had complaints. Real ones, and *****ed. I pre-ordered and got a non working code. I ordered CE and was told the promised grace period was gone and couldn't play without a code (that was in the box) past the 20th. People who still can't log in should be calling every day. Twice. There are legit reasons to complain that should be noticed by the BW/EA team.

But get to level 50 in 20 days max if you pre-ordered 15 if not, and feel you have nothing to do, when it's not a well kept secret the game caps at 50? You're a player who post the forums to complain but don't read the DEV tracker and post they make to see if they are fixing/adding what you want first? I think these are the things the OP is talking about.

The idea of people posting criticism on the forums is to make this game BETTER. By not acknowledging their claims (which most are true), you are attempting to make this game worse.

People say "only people who hate the game come to the forums" and that's true, to an extent.

The extent is in within the few months of release. THIS is the time that feedback and criticism is the most crucial into developing the game to it's full potential.

When a thread like the ability delay/character responsiveness thread, reaches post cap 2 times, and is halfway to it's 3rd cap... you cannot deny that such a problem exists. When there are thousands of people complaining about poor fps, or ms issues... you cannot deny their claim because you may or may not be having the issue.

The thing you people need to realize, is were trying to make this game better. Do not tell us to go back to WoW, or w/e else.

I've played WoW since release, myself and many other people expected this game to signify the next generation of MMOs. What we ended up with a 2004 release candidate of WoW, with SW painted over it. There are numerous bugs that were reported since the early stages of beta and they still persist in game.

And please for the fake god's sakes, I know it's the second week, the first month... In six months you are still going to be saying "It's just the first six months, give it time"

You don't buy a new product, say soda... You don't drink the soda and say "Well it was alright, but a horrible aftertaste, maybe it'll be better in six months" No, you go back to coca-cola. You never look back.

We want the problems to be addressed, at the very least. Community responses are far and few between for a game so new. They should be keeping us updated. In that matter, we've had a whole 2-3 hotfixes since game launch? And one maintenance, with only 2 fixes noted. For a new MMO (Which I know, no MMO is perfect on release), they should be hotfixing and updating almost everyday. THIS is the most crucial time for a MMO to develop a good name for itself, and SWTOR isn't.

I'm enjoying the game, bout to ding 50 on my first character. But, there are many flaws/bugs/oversights that need to be looked into to make SWTOR the ground breaking game it was advertised to be.

Edited by TheJmoney