We need something like Gearscore.

Gehoornde

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol you silly casuals, GearScore is needed for any serious end game raiding, HOWEVER this game is faceroll so I guess it's not needed.

Either you're being sarcastic or you're just being too obvious w/ your trolling. No one is going to bite on something like that. You'll need to try again.

I’m sorry, but from what I can see, not only is this a game NOT intended for the hardcore raiders, but unless you were constantly at the top, never needing, asking for, or accepting help, you really don’t have the right to make the comments you have.

This is indeed where I usually end up in games and real life: at the top. And Gearscore is a great tool to quickly find people with the same mindset. You know Bioware eventually will allow it, no matter how much people QQ.

GEARSCORE IS COMING!

Bioware,

Please allow us to have a gearscore-alike addon. I don't care if it's 3rd party or not.

Right now there is simply NO way to know if another player has skill or not. Adding a simple gearscore sort of thing would fix alot of issues with grouping and I'm not even 50 yet.

What's gonna happen once I enter end-game content? Wipe over and over until I found a good bunch of skilled players? That would take ages.

So please, allow us to have Gearscore or something, to fasten the process to detect skilled players. It's not even a matter of EZ-mode, just saves time. And in the long run, it will save you from a mass exodus of people unsubbing.

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound elitist, but if you take gaming serious and want to be best of the best in every game you need a minimum of skilltesting without wasting time on talking/grouping/inspecting. I'm sorry if so many if you are offended. I like it pro. Deal with it.

gear score, does not= skill never has and never will i know guys that don't raid and have more brains in there pinky half the terrible raiders in WoW... you need to stop pugging that is all!

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound elitist, but if you take gaming serious and want to be best of the best in every game you need a minimum of skilltesting without wasting time on talking/grouping/inspecting. I'm sorry if so many if you are offended. I like it pro. Deal with it.

If you are so super serious about your gaming, you will carefully select the people you group with and not go with random people. you don't need Gearscore for that, you just want it so you don't have to put any sort of effort in. Stop deluding yourself and trying to delude the forum community with your inane state.

"Pro", yeah, right.

The main issue is whether or not BioWare is going to allow third-party addons or not - if they do, we cannot stop someone from making a gearscore addon. Also if they don't, we either have to wait for BioWare to support all we want in their stock UI (not the right move IMO) or open the can of worms for all third-party addons.

Bioware,

Please allow us to have a gearscore-alike addon. I don't care if it's 3rd party or not.

Right now there is simply NO way to know if another player has skill or not. Adding a simple gearscore sort of thing would fix alot of issues with grouping and I'm not even 50 yet.

What's gonna happen once I enter end-game content? Wipe over and over until I found a good bunch of skilled players? That would take ages.

So please, allow us to have Gearscore or something, to fasten the process to detect skilled players. It's not even a matter of EZ-mode, just saves time. And in the long run, it will save you from a mass exodus of people unsubbing.

Thank you.

Very nice troll. You come off as quite sincere. 10/10!

Guys, I hear if you use fire attacks his health regeneration doesn't apply.

('Cause he's a TROLLLLLL)

I heard their fingers make good sausages (let's see if you remember where this one is from, not in those exact words :) )

Edited by Black_Rabbit

I love messing with people with Gearscore. Back in WoW I had two sets of armor -- one for healing and one for dps. When I would come into a dungeon, I'd be wearing my dps set with my healing set in my bag (because I was questing). Those with gearscore would freak out immediately, curse at me for being such a noob, and leave. I'd change after but it was so fun watching them rage.

Until wow added gear score to the game and took into account ALL your gear - even what was in your bags. That way cheese like that couldn't happen anymore.

We do NOT need gearscore. For crying out loud go back to wow. I'm tired of all the wowbabies. I LIKE the fact there is not gearscore. I LIKE the fact there are no damage meters. I LIKE that everyone is on an equal level and you can't judge things by GS and dmg meters. It allows you to just play the game instead of spending three hours tweaking you guy so you can brag you get 3% more damage than the next guy.

As long as I'm accomplishing flashpoints and operations NONE of that junk matters. Less clutter more game. I like it! Thank you Bioware.

I tried to diligently read through this thread so I would avoid repeating something. Sorry if my 2 credits here is just a regurgitation...

Recently I have been doing a LOT of reading with regard to abilities, potential builds, discussions about rotations and how to efficiently employ your game abilities and such. I've paid special attention to the skill tree and how my selections buff / debuff my abilities, and what rotation adjustments I should make to improve my combat effectiveness and survivability.

That being said, I would like to assert to the OP that you may get a better warm-fuzzy feeling if you employ a similar introspective strategy for optimizing your toon. Additionally, this game seems to encourage more interaction with other players (ie awarding social points for group discussion scenarios, etc).

I don't want to attack the OP for his preference in using an app to help improve his toon or his game play strategies. The fact is that some people lack the time or intellectual capacity for digging in that deep and doing the statistical analysis to find the optimum relationships between gear, skill tree, and ability rotations. What I do have a problem with in regard to the OP is the attitude... "I'm an elite player" just doesn't sit well with me. So, the suggestion that we need an app to produce some kind of caste system based strictly on gear score is basically offensive to me. Any idiot can gear up with the highest end stuff they can find and by sheer statistical avantage do really well.

So, in conclusion I'd like to say kudos to all the people who oppose this idea, and to the people who assert that gearscore does not imply skill. Correlation does not imply causation, in statistical terms. Thanks for a good read during my lunch break to all! I hope my response didn't seem useless or boring.

Bioware,

Right now there is simply NO way to know if another player has skill or not.

are you serious? i stopped reading right there

since WHEN gear = skill?

yeah LOOOOOOOOOL

@OP you won a super award. you know which one

If bioware allows gearscore . That will bring unwanted drama into the game . It would turn swtor into wow. We don't need gear score. This isn't wow this is swtor! Swtor doesn't need it. Bioware is bigger then blizz and shouldn't have to lower itself to blizz standards. :p Edited by Innocentone

I agree we need Gearscore. While a lot of people are going to rage at it, those aren't the people who organize raids(the people who would actually use the addon). The people who don't like it are people looking for raids that will generally get weeded out based on their gear.

All gear score means is that you know how to click the Need button. Beyond that the actual ability of a player cannot be measured by any Meter be it DPS or some Gear calculator. A person can be carried through enough instances to get gear that exceeds the players ability to gain if otherwise left on their own.

Bioware,

Thank you.

GO BACK TO WOW.. we don't want that crap here..

seriously ****.. no really..

GS and Arenas and all that crap literally sucked the life out of WoW..

We have a game here that none of that matters and it shouldnt.. its a GAME.

I knew people with awesome gear... and they still sucked.. and I knew guys in crap low level purps that were 5x the players those idiots with the high GS had..

bioware,

please allow us to have a gearscore-alike addon. I don't care if it's 3rd party or not.

Right now there is simply no way to know if another player has skill or not. Adding a simple gearscore sort of thing would fix alot of issues with grouping and i'm not even 50 yet.

What's gonna happen once i enter end-game content? Wipe over and over until i found a good bunch of skilled players? That would take ages.

So please, allow us to have gearscore or something, to fasten the process to detect skilled players. It's not even a matter of ez-mode, just saves time. And in the long run, it will save you from a mass exodus of people unsubbing.

Thank you.

Edit: I'm sorry if i sound elitist, but if you take gaming serious and want to be best of the best in every game you need a minimum of skilltesting without wasting time on talking/grouping/inspecting. I'm sorry if so many if you are offended. I like it pro. Deal with it.

no no no no no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no nono no no

What about when you aren't completing flashpoints and operations? How will you tell which of the 16 players are doing well and which aren't?

easy.. the one thats dead or is always in the wrong place is the one...

other than that NOTHING in SWTOR or any game for that matter is that hard that only the top tier gear is valid..