We need something like Gearscore.

Gehoornde

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No .

There will never be a gearscore add0n. That's the worst idea I've ever heard, it's a game ruining 'idea'. That idea is so bad i actually now think you're a troll.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I left wow when they started to support people scoring gear etc.

This would be a bad move as it brings players out of the woodwork and pushes good players (like myself) out of an otherwise good game.

You simply can not use gear as the only factor in what makes a player good. I have seen players in all greys beat someone in great epic gear etc.

Its just not all about gear as much as some of you wish it was ;) Sorry E Peens.

Bioware,

Please allow us to have a gearscore-alike addon. I don't care if it's 3rd party or not.

Right now there is simply NO way to know if another player has skill or not. Adding a simple gearscore sort of thing would fix alot of issues with grouping and I'm not even 50 yet.

What's gonna happen once I enter end-game content? Wipe over and over until I found a good bunch of skilled players? That would take ages.

So please, allow us to have Gearscore or something, to fasten the process to detect skilled players. It's not even a matter of EZ-mode, just saves time. And in the long run, it will save you from a mass exodus of people unsubbing.

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound elitist, but if you take gaming serious and want to be best of the best in every game you need a minimum of skilltesting without wasting time on talking/grouping/inspecting. I'm sorry if so many if you are offended. I like it pro. Deal with it.

I'll use wow as my perfect and best example.

I have played with people with High GS that were complete fools and had no clue as to how to play their class or work with a group/raid.

I have played with people with low GS and found them to be exceptional players who were great people that knew their class.

Ya GS will not fix this.

As well since March 2011 every post and poll that I have seen about GS The "No way Jose" have always out numbered the "Yes" people. Give it up, people don't want it, give the dead horse a break.

I love messing with people with Gearscore. Back in WoW I had two sets of armor -- one for healing and one for dps. When I would come into a dungeon, I'd be wearing my dps set with my healing set in my bag (because I was questing). Those with gearscore would freak out immediately, curse at me for being such a noob, and leave. I'd change after but it was so fun watching them rage.

Gear score was equal to a high velocity kick in the crotch with spiked boots to WOW.

Please DO NOT do this.

MMOs were originally designed for community, not elitism (individuals who have all day to farm gear).

Edited by Fraxture

Right now there is simply NO way to know if another player has skill or not. Adding a simple gearscore sort of thing would fix alot of issues with grouping and I'm not even 50 yet.

Ohh my....

Way to out yourself as a fool who many would never want to group with. If gear is the difference between completion of the instance then your doomed to wipe-riddled failure from the start because gear has little to do with skill.

And son, you dont sound elitest...you are elitest.

May I never group with you or your ilk.

Instead of asking for Gearscore, please try to find a guild of like-minded people that you know are competent at whichever role they chose to fill.

It's the one way to assure yourself of always having the pool of players you actually want to be teaming with.

A great way to achieve this is through the /friend function, which was implemented since launch. There also is a popup that you shouldn't ignore at the end of flashpoints that proposes you to add players you think are skilled to your list of friends.

Closing it as it pops of course negates its purpose.

Also, and it's often overlooked, talking to people is a good way to have an estimate of their knowledge of the game.

Gearscore won't do that for you.

Bioware,

Please allow us to have a gearscore-alike addon. I don't care if it's 3rd party or not.

What's gonna happen once I enter end-game content? Wipe over and over until I found a good bunch of skilled players? That would take ages.

So please, allow us to have Gearscore or something, to fasten the process to detect skilled players. It's not even a matter of EZ-mode, just saves time. And in the long run, it will save you from a mass exodus of people unsubbing.

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound elitist, but if you take gaming serious and want to be best of the best in every game you need a minimum of skilltesting without wasting time on talking/grouping/inspecting. I'm sorry if so many if you are offended. I like it pro. Deal with it.

How on earth do you people play any games without addons to do everything for you.

Let me make my point clear as day for you since you are obviously coming from WoW. THE MOST CHALLENGING CONTENT (Lady Vashj, Kael'Thas, Black Temple, Sunwell) that game ever had came years before gear score and the notion that some value based on item level has anything at all to do with skill.

The only reason it is even remotely valid in a game like WoW is because of HUGE item inflation ever content patch. This basically makes it possible to trivialize encounters by simply getting enough gear to ignore the fight mechanics (e.g. Ulduar or any raid from WotLK on...). The only other thing it can possibly tell you is if the person has got a lot of gear from raiding.

Most of us who say "NO" have good reasons based on the very game you are talking about.

Bioware,

Thank you.

You may "think" its elitist to insist on a gear score. But in reality guilds/groups who are pro dont need it as they already know who is geared and who isnt. So actually the opposite is true.

GS is a joke. People cleared vanilla WoW raids without all these stupid mods. If you had a baddie in there well then you just had to deal with it. Killing the first MC pull with terribads in your raid was a true challenge. Less crying imo.

I wasn't aware that skill was determined by the size of ones gearscore. Poor choice of wording. Anyways, finding a guild would be the best bet. That way, you know who's bad, good, geared, who has potentional and so forth. Random pugging won't get you too far (hopefully).