We need something like Gearscore.

Gehoornde

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware,

Please allow us to have a gearscore-alike addon. I don't care if it's 3rd party or not.

Right now there is simply NO way to know if another player has skill or not. Adding a simple gearscore sort of thing would fix alot of issues with grouping and I'm not even 50 yet.

What's gonna happen once I enter end-game content? Wipe over and over until I found a good bunch of skilled players? That would take ages.

So please, allow us to have Gearscore or something, to fasten the process to detect skilled players. It's not even a matter of EZ-mode, just saves time. And in the long run, it will save you from a mass exodus of people unsubbing.

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound elitist, but if you take gaming serious and want to be best of the best in every game you need a minimum of skilltesting without wasting time on talking/grouping/inspecting. I'm sorry if so many if you are offended. I like it pro. Deal with it.

RE: to your edit

If you're serious about gaming you find yourself a good/great guild with the same playstyles and in-game goals and have a solid recruiting practice(s) to weed out the players you don't wish to have in your guild.

If you're a scrub player this sure is true.

Gearscore in the hands of a pro player is a very useful tool, I dare to say it's 99% correct if you know how to use/read it.

Pro player?????? Tell me somebody who gets paid, sponsored and has a contract(other than devs) to play this MMO......

Yah that's what I thought. Pro players, they don't exist in MMO's. And people who call themselves as such need to get over themselves.

FPS on the other hand. Pro players. They have all that.

Apps like Gearscore and Damage meters ruin games, period.

I hope they NEVER implement them.

I believe gearscore is a bad idea. I don't play as much as other people (only got 3 level 25 so far and no 50s) but I got many compliment on my healing abilities when I group with people and do heroic. I know how to play my class but my gear is not as "up to par" cause I didn't want to spend the credits until I hit 50. why spend tons of money when your gear will be "level out" in 2-4 levels?

Absolutely NO.

Just remember the times you had an alt and wanted a PUG-run to a Wintergrasp boss for example.

- Can I join?

- Link achi + GS

- Its my alt...

- Begone noob

OP if you need something like Gearscore, you know in which game you can find it.

Absolutely not. It will make the game highly exclusive, and gear level doesn't equal skill. There will be people who inflate gearscore with pvp gear, which is sub-optimal for pve for its item level comparatively. People could detect skill without gearscore LONG before it was released in WoW. People did it before, they can do it again.

This exactly. I know more than a few /afk-avers that would farm PvP endlessly so they could have very, very good PvP gear and get a high gear score. Didn't mean they knew how to play their character or that the gear was appropriate for the instance (anyone remember the tanks dressed in cloth armor because it boosted their GS? I do.)

And gear score is the way to measure skill. :rolleyes:

Ironic if everybody thought this way, NOBODY would progress. People need to get in the fights, see the mechanics to learn. You will always have baddies, gear score is not an effective litmus test.

And no, implementing this single feature will have absolutely no affect on subs.

Agreed. I have been in pugs where I had the lowest gearscore and I would rank #1 in DPS because I knew how to prepare for the run with flasks and other buffs. Being prepared trumps gearscore any day. Anyone can get good gear, but gear doesn't prove raid intelligence.

There is a large difference between farming instances and doing them for the first time...

If something is on farm - your going in with the intent of rushing through, no mistakes, get it done and get out with the gear and get stronger so you can handle larger more challenging content.

Can't believe that this kind of thread comes up again... And even more, measure GS = Skill is so un-understandable.

At least for now most players don't have their skills worked out / improved, since the game is new, and some (me included) have to find out how to work at best character perfomance.

Then Sorry, you do not go. Do heroics, do Dailies or do whatever you need to do to get to a level where you can raid.

In wow you could gem, enchant and get purped out doing heroics and turning in for gear. there is absolutley no reason to not be "raid ready" in WoW there were multiple avenues available to get what you needed.

The problem with undergeared people was that, they didn't heal, tank or DPS to thier max potential. If they needed to be healed and didnt have the HP you were spamming them to death in order to keep them alive.

It hurt the group over all, and although you might be having "fun" the people trying to get work done were being held back.

Sad thing was that gear achieved by those methods were not enough for most of the GS demand people. They wanted Raid level gear from someone to let them to be part of raid. And even tho i did not have half a year to grind for absolute best HC gear available i still had almost best which was not enough. Nobody ever wanted to know anything of skill or stats or anything else like that.

And when i sometimes had a group that did not have GS issues we did just fine and finished the raid well enough tho it did took some time but it was fun and challenging like they are meant to be.

This is why Guilds hold try-outs and recruits for their guilds then you can decide who you like to keep based on their play style, personality, effort to the game/team, desire to progress, etc.

Kids these days... playing these games...looking to get max level in a week and have it all handed to them.

I WOULD NEVER see posts like this back when UO and EQ were the mainstays of the MMO World. In fact, im fairly confident in the 2+ weeks this game has been online, there have been more cry baby forums topics asking for easy mode, and hold-my-hand progression, than I EVER saw in 7 years playing EQ on a NO RULES - PvP w/ exp loss and item loot server.

To the OP, players like you have no right to play this game... yet you consider yourself an elitist?! LOLOL.

Pro player?????? Tell me somebody who gets paid, sponsored and has a contract(other than devs) to play this MMO......

Yah that's what I thought. Pro players, they don't exist in MMO's. And people who call themselves as such need to get over themselves.

FPS on the other hand. Pro players. They have all that.

Apps like Gearscore and Damage meters ruin games, period.

I hope they NEVER implement them.

A bunch of guilds in WoW are contracted and get an upwards of $50,000 for a first boss kill. Don't say pro players don't exist in MMOs, it makes you look stupid.

from OP:

"Wipe over and over until I found a good bunch of skilled players? "

Guild much?

Thankfully, this game doesn't allow third-party add-ons. If you want to control who you group with just inspect the player, you can still do that. If you don't like their gear, don't invite them to your raid. It's not a big deal.

Absolutely NO.

Just remember the times you had an alt and wanted a PUG-run to a Wintergrasp boss for example.

- Can I join?

- Link achi + GS

- Its my alt...

- Begone noob

OP if you need something like Gearscore, you know in which game you can find it.

Thanks for explaining sadly why EXACTLY Gearscore is useful. I don't want to run your stupid alts and get you gear. Even if you have the skill, you can't pull the numbers I want in greens. You will be carried. Why should I take you over someone who is better geared? Just because you SAY you are skilled? He might be skilled as well. At least with him I know he COULD pull the numbers I want if he was good.

And how do I know who has the better gear? Gearscore.

A bunch of guilds in WoW are contracted and get an upwards of $50,000 for a first boss kill. Don't say pro players don't exist in MMOs, it makes you look stupid.

Link of proof of this... please.. because I watched the documentary about Blood Legion and they say they dont make anything.

Normaly I will not act like fanboy or shout out against ideas or something like this.

But GearScore???

NO!!!!!!

Never ever implant that ****** addon ever. With idiot and forons running around you will kill the casual and PuG part of the game. I know the addon is a tool but this tool is simply to easy to abuse. And people will abuse it. NO!!