BORED of SWTOR Already!!!

Shalashasa

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even 3....7 more storylines.

Unfortunately they all share 80% of the quests

Seriously, couldnt Bioware just have had 20 levels of unique content for all classes and then put the rest of their effort toward end game?

NO, of course not, you need 50 levels and 7 billions lines of dialog with poorly tacked on end game.

Smooth

Edited by Blackwater

I play for pvp not for story. I didnt know that this game was for people who like single player storylines and to play them over and over again. Thought this was an MMO with endgame PVP content.

guess it was my mistake.

lol...because a STORY based MMO implies heavy PVP content in some strange way....

Im not the type to get bored easily. I have been playing league of legends for about a year now. I have not once said to anyone that I'm bored of playing the game.

AND IT HAD ONLY 2 MAPS!!!

I recently noticed that I have spent over $40 on a free2play pvp game as well. The game was so good that It tricked me into giving it money. I have heard people spend over thousand on the game as well.

I actually like the pvp in swtor better than LoL yet im bored. There is something wrong here

Oh, sorry, I must be a fanboy if I acknowledge that there's leveling content. Lots of it.

Yeah, it must be my slavish devotion to Bioware telling me that exists. I couldn't actually be playing through it.

Incidentally, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll flag posts with "fanboy" or "hater" in them. It wouldn't hurt this place at all if people made an attempt to be civil.

Part of the problem dear sir is that there is not a lot of levelling content, far from it, 5 or 6 quests per zone dressed with 40 minutes of dialogue and travel time is not by any definition "a lot". That is also why the game is incredibly easy to level, and by the time you come to roll an alt you realise you have already seen 95% of all that "levelling content". Then the only difference remaining is your storyline, and it dawns on you, storylines remains the same regardless of the ac that is chosen, giving each side 4 unique story arcs, comprised of 3 to 5 quests per planet.

In terms of actual quest numbers, this game has far and away the lowest number of quests available in a quest based title that I have played to date, and I have played pretty much every p2p mmo released in the west, as I started with the genre back when it was crawling out of the "mud".

I understand and accept adding full dialogue takes a lot of work and a lot of storage space, but that doesn't alter the fact that SWTOR is actually content lite. The content that is there may be of a high quality, but quality counts for nought when you have nothing left to do after a month, in a genre that is typically played for months if not years.

Part of the problem dear sir is that there is not a lot of levelling content, far from it, 5 or 6 quests per zone dressed with 40 minutes of dialogue and travel time is not by any definition "a lot".

Not to mention the quests themselves STINK

In WoW you ride around in tanks, fly bombers, retake cities.

In SWTOR You kill, cutscene, collect, cutscene, walk to someone to see another cutscene.

Not to mention the quests themselves STINK

In WoW you ride around in tanks, fly bombers, retake cities.

In SWTOR You kill, cutscene, collect, cutscene, walk to someone to see another cutscene.

So, why are you still here? Go play your beloved WoW and have fun.

go outside? wait for new content?

games been out for less than a month and ppl are demanding perfect endgame content..

WoW had nothing

Age of Conan NOTHING

rift NOTHING

have some damn patience and do something else besides play 12 hrs a day to hit 50 in like 3 days..my god poeple

I think what people are forgetting is that Bioware doesn't have the time to dink around and release content.

This is the age where MMO's need to have a complete set of content for all levels. Not just early game, not mid game, not just end game. All facets AT launch.

They are competing with WoW right now, not WoW from 7 years ago. If SWTOR came out before WoW they have time to screw around, but not now. It's first impression time.

And what do you mean give Bioware time. How long have they been working on this game? If it's not done you keep the thing in production.

If you're going to enter the market with the giant, bring your A game, not your C and D game.

That was a decision Bioware made, they failed to deliver so they can be criticized for it.

Edited by BrambLed

You have 4 level 50s?

Man, way too much time on your hands.

Wait, you only have one 50? What about the other three storylines?

After level 20, 90% of the storyline is the same because class quests only compose about 10% of your total exp.

Level 50

Enough said for me to see why you are bored, that is why I am level 27 after creating my character in early access and playing around 5 hours a day.

I have waited for this game for years, and I want to mess about in it! What fun is it, racing to the endgame, when you can fly off the upper cantina in carrick station onto an unsuspecting players head? and watch their reaction from beyond the grave? Why rush a great game, when you can stand on a very thin beam over a very high pit and parlour dance? And why bother skipping all the game when you can have fun? When I look back on my first few days, I don't remember completing the game, I remember my first faceplant on tython in the jedi temple.

Besides, if you don't like doing foolish stuff like that with friends, there are 8 storylines...

P.S. well done for getting to level 50

EDIT: Admittedly I would be a higher level if I had more time to play

Edited by Flamingewok

to OP: If you really like pvp so much you shouldn't be logging in just for new gear.. lol

Why not play more pvp, if you like it as you say? Do you always need a carrot in front of you, mister?

Im playing atm. almost valor 62. I decided to play until valor 65 and get the pvp mount as a personal goal since nothing to do. Either that or subscription time comes and I unsub.

lol storylines

none of them are actually good, they're there to make leveling more fun.

i have netflix for storylines

Actually, if you want to use that angle, then we should have never progressed past books. Why watch a movie when you can read a book, why see a play when you can read a book? Stories can be told in different forms of media and there are people who enjoy them in this form.

If you didn't like it, why did you buy the product knowing it was advertised as such?

I fail to see how your ADHD is my problem.

People with one iota of common sense have a tendency to slow down and enjoy the nicer things in life, maybe thats a quality you should try to cultivate.

Imagine how bad the world would be if people took your approach to everything enjoyable.

Wolfing down a 50 dollar steak dinner from Ruth Chris' Steakhouse in under 3 minutes, disgusting.

Making love to a supermodel for 2 minutes, pathetic

Hearing people whine about being bored with SWTOR after rushing through all the content in two weeks, sad....just plain sad.

Theres not an MMO developer ANYWHERE who will EVER be able to keep up with your demands yet its always their fault.

Edited by Fezra

Level 50

Valor 61

Legacy 7

Nothing to do but daily quests for 2hrs a day to get battle master bags for RNG pvp then log off.....

So why are you on here lol, surly your life is not so empty all you have to do is make a thread to tell strangers how you feel lol.

That's what friends are for.

Level 50

Valor 61

Legacy 7

Nothing to do but daily quests for 2hrs a day to get battle master bags for RNG pvp then log off.....

I don't care. You can't pace yourself? Not my problem. Any fool knows that it's pointless to rush to the endgame of a brand new MMO.

Edited by belialle