The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BORED of SWTOR Already!!!

Shalashasa

Top 10 Things You Should Do to Make the Game NOT Boring.

10. Be smart enough to recognize that the totally awesome story line has to end sooner or later and until there is a content drop, the main game after end game will be other player based - thus picking a PVP server, maybe even RP PVP server for maximum "other player" interface.

9. Start a new character and explore the other 7 story lines.

8. Go to Coruscant and start a Guild. If you already have a guild, throw a huge fit, leave dramatically, and:

8.a. See #10, starting with character of different faction;

8b. name new character "kill[Guild]"; and,

8c. Start new anti-Guild guild to kill original guild.

7. Troll lower level planets and kill newbs in PVP areas laughing as they have to port back to med stations;

6. Go on a "Route 66" Tour of TOR, taking screen shots of the coolest places and build a scrapbook style fanboy website.

5. Build an Alt on your server with the name, "[Your name here]'s Goods" and then mail yourself resources and attempt to establish a monopoly on your server's economy in resources buying everything and then marking it up and re-posting it.

4. Establish a datacron expedition service selling a guided tour of all datacrons to newbs on your server for a $2 gift via paypal for each datacron your guide them to.

3. Walk around populated areas spamming the validity and story line integrity that Jar Jar Binks brings to the StarWars Universe and how without the complex humiond emtions demonstrated by the long eared fellow that Vader would simply be a cross between Spock and (pick evil character from Dr. Who? here).

2. Go back to your WoW account and reduce the overall Server Congestion for everyone else.

1. Turn off your game; open your email client; send BW a note thanking them for a great StarWars experience and awesome content; turn off your PC; go outside; meet real people in physical proximity; leave your parent's basement; meet a girl and have a relationship; get married; have kids; wish you had more game time to explore SWTOR at level 50; turn your PC back on; go to the forums; cry to the devs that you cannot dual spec your real life.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh.

Most people know that end game at launch is meager.

Its not even worth posting really.

I feel bad responding to your post.

I shouldn't have too.

It should be evident due to the whole 2 weeks since launch thing...

LOOK AT WHAT YOU MADE ME DO

/evangelionscreaming

I wasn't responding to this thread because I was upset with the fact that there is no endgame content yet. I understand that this content will most likely come with time.

OP: Level 50...nothing to do.

Reponses: Get a life. Go outside. Actually pay attention to the story.

That's why I replied to this thread.

Edited by LightLight

These are the games I have played to max level within the first month of launch in the last 7 years (IE, since EQ2 release):

Everquest 2

World of Warcraft

City of Heroes

Lord of the Rings Online

Age of Conan

Rift

Aion

Every one of these games with the exception of CoH - had more end-game content than SWTOR does..

Age of Conan...had more end-game content than SWTOR does...yes, it did...that's sad...oh and before you say: "yea well AOC endgame was terribly buggy and almost unplayable at launch!" ...well you haven't dont EV have you? Because its just as bad as AoC was...

Its clear Bioware spent all their time and money on voice acting and it shows...the game is a shell other than your main class quest and the end-game just goes to prove that they put absolutely no thought into it...

I played AOC and WoW on release and WoW didnt even have BGs in its first month.

AOCs end game was silly. I got invited to a pug raid by a friend and didn't even realize it was a raid until some loot dropped. I just thought we were killing some elites for my friends quest.

PS I'm heading to bed. You are silly. Even in other MMOs you can hit the gear/prog celling in 2 weeks unless its gated (IE: valor/arena point cap/actual gates)

Edited by metalgearyoda

I think the main point of this thread was that there is no endgame content at level 50.

I love how people immediately started saying "Omg, you have no life if you're already level 50!!". It was pretty evident that this was the central remark/comment throughout this thread and I find it hilarious that people turn to that thought immediately.

...Human nature for you.

I love how people state they have nothing to do when they hit cap when the majority of the playerbase isnt at 50.

Wait for others to cap before you complain their's nothing to do while others enjoy the game/storylines.

so, you got 1 toon, eh?

as noted, there are 7 others.. each with 2 diff spec choices... and each can go dark or light in their choices with the variances of each storyline.

why ppl powered to 50 and left a lot of the game behind them is kind of silly.

i'm only halfway to 50 on my toons, each benefiting from each other's crew skills, and seeing the story from all diff angles.

then, as noted, there is the other side to do the same with.

and i haven't even run any of the instances yet, since my video can't handle it. so, my next series of toons will be more heroic runs and instance runs, since by that time i'll have a new rig.

if the game is so boring, you can go back to the other game, and sit and wait for things to happen as well.

Lets take a vote. How many people are glad Bioware focused on the leveling content? What? The millions of people forming the vast majority that don't get to the end game in the first month? Okay. Now how many people wish Bioware would have shifted focus to develop the end game for launch? What? A handful of elitists that were going to ***** and moan regardless of the final product? Hmmm. Tough call.

so, you got 1 toon, eh?

as noted, there are 7 others.. each with 2 diff spec choices... and each can go dark or light in their choices with the variances of each storyline

Just wondering if all the people making the argument about 7 other storylines realise that you will have to replay all the sidequests, which are actually the majority of the levelling experience? Even if you play the other factions, you'll still have to be replaying the sidequests a whole lot to get all 8 done.

And before I get the "Well LS/DS make them different" argument, very little actually changes. A few lines of dialogue here, maybe an extra quest branch there... thats about it.

To be honest, if I could play the other 7 characters without having to do all the samey Kill X / Collect X quests I might, but at the moment the shallow LS/DS options aren't enough to drag me through the quest grind, as sad as it sounds.

I play for pvp not for story. I didnt know that this game was for people who like single player storylines and to play them over and over again. Thought this was an MMO with endgame PVP content.

guess it was my mistake.

Then I hear BF3 is a great PVP game with no story. Your welcome. Also there is no PVP content, it is simply Player versus Player. Give me an example of "PVP content" and not PVP "options" and you may have had a gripe.

I love how people state they have nothing to do when they hit cap when the majority of the playerbase isnt at 50.

Wait for others to cap before you complain their's nothing to do while others enjoy the game/storylines.

Yes, because stating there is no endgame content is complaining at it's best. :rolleyes:

Lets take a vote. How many people are glad Bioware focused on the leveling content? What? The million of people forming the vast majority that don't get to the end game in the first month? Okay. Now how many people wish Bioware would have shifted focus to develop the end game for launch? What? A handful of elitists that were going to ***** and moan regardless of the final product? Hmmm. Tough call.

There I fixed that for you...

Yea I have been anticipating this game for years. I took two weeks off work to play. To be honest I had so much fun I actually played the whole two weeks for hours.

Now If you did that with any game you might get bored,boredom can come from over indulgance.

It doesnt have to be gaming anything you do day in day out that you like, might make you bored or fatigued or even dislike it after awhile.

I play for pvp not for story. I didnt know that this game was for people who like single player storylines and to play them over and over again. Thought this was an MMO with endgame PVP content.

guess it was my mistake.

According to the white knights of the SWTOR boards, you're playing incorrectly if you level to 50 too fast, skip story elements, and don't make alts. And it's your fault that you didn't do the research to realize that Bioware spent all their time making storylines and failing to deliver playable content.

I can't wait till the white blind knights of the old republic get to level 50 and realize story doesn't mean ****.

Edited by BrambLed

Then I hear BF3 is a great PVP game with no story. Your welcome. Also there is no PVP content, it is simply Player versus Player. Give me an example of "PVP content" and not PVP "options" and you may have had a gripe.

pvp content vs options...

pvp content is just giving reasons for pvp. while pvp options is allowing a user to choose how to pvp.

Having giving a choice of who to create an 8 man team with and what warzones you want to play would be options.

Having persistant stats, achievements, medals, unlockables is content. Even if I dont get any game changing armor. At least give me achievments that I can look at for pvp'ing so much. Maybe a player stats board?

right now end game doesnt have neither content or options.

I am getting quite sick and fed up of the arguments centering rerolling to experience the "story". Please take this trash to a single player game. MMO games, historically speaking aren't made to reroll alts and never have anything to do with your main character. Also, before suggesting something with this much stupidity could you get to 50 first please? The amount of grind this game forces on you after level 35 is worse than Aion does these days. So to experience the 30 seconds of voice acting every 18 hours you should surely push for an alt, yes because it's so god damn great. Try thinking before writing.

People here argument this is totally a MMO game, yet they ask others that aren't as slow as the masses to go reroll alts because experiencing the story is a major aspect of this game? Read that and make sense of it please.

Oh and, since half of the flashpoints (literally) are broken right now and majority of the bosses in operations are bugged, all you can do is roll an alt or stop playing. This is the sad truth, incredibly sad. I'm sure all of you lowbies think that the major content patch coming soon is totally an effort from Bioware, when the truth of the matter is that the only reason they are extending a operation and adding a flashpoint is simply because there is so little content you literally have nothing to do at the top. But hey guys, I'm sure by christmas 2015 when you reach the top, you'll notice quite some content.