BORED of SWTOR Already!!!

Shalashasa

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for constructive criticism and improvement, but your looking to remold the game into something you've played before. There are improvements that can be made, to be sure, but these improvements can be made over time. They are not game-breaking. If you're bored and you don't want to roll an alt, well, what do you suggest you should do? In a few short days, you and most like you will be gone, and then we will get down to some real constructive criticism, instead of this "not enough endgame/pvp/raid till your eyes bleed" garbage.

In my opinion this is an mmo for the casual. There are some hardcore elements added, but not to the degree of other games which I feel you should return to. I'm enjoying it, I'm not in the minority, and nothing is going to happen to this game. Its not going to close down anytime soon.

Sorry, what more can they add to the game other than end game content? Extra classes and levelling stories? A big draw of mmos to many people is the constant advancement of a particular character that they grow attatched to, not playing 8 characters then retiring them at 50. I'm looking to remold the game into a better version that combines other games i've played before, not a more limited, worse written version of Kotor. (another game i've played before.)

I don't need incredibly hardcore endgame. I just need something that works, and something that I can spend a bit of time on. Its the fact I have to go back and replay content (that is even more boring than replaying endgame to a number of people, not just me) to experience new things that irks me.

Edited by Edarias

I play for pvp not for story. I didnt know that this game was for people who like single player storylines and to play them over and over again. Thought this was an MMO with endgame PVP content.

guess it was my mistake.

You have got to be kidding me... You play TOR for PVP?

This game has a lot to offer in addition to decent PVP but if you play solely for PVP you need to explore other MMOs. Take a break from theme-parks and play something designed for PVPers.

I'm not saying PVP isn't important, or that it does not deserve attention but that is ALL you do in this game? That is ridiculous.

Good to see your next step in a discussion is to tell the person to leave. I love Star Wars, and I want to see the mmo do well. If endgame doesn't get a lot of work, it's not going to do well.

Plenty of things to do? Like repeat the levelling process 8 times? Every mmo has that option, doesn't mean I should take it. And before I get a reply of "Oh, but the story!" The story is only around 10% of the quests once you get to the higher end of the game.

Me being bored with the game has everything to do with Bioware and SWTOR, because it is about the way they designed the game. I love the idea of a story based mmo, and the first 30 levels of my class was a blast. Then it was all downhill, with too much of the content being repeated. Again, i'd love to go back and experience the other stories if I didn't have to go through what will basically be a quest grind.

I'm trying to get in feedback and discussion on the forum before my free month runs out so the game can approve, but if it is upsetting you that much that you need me to leave the forums, then I suppose I can stop.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm telling you, from one gamer to another, that if you don't like a video game, you shouldn't play it. No amount of pissing and complaining is going to make them change lead writers or make them take the game in an entirely new direction. And short of one of those things happening, you're never going to be happy playing this game.

So yes, I'm telling you to stop :wea_03:ing playing and go away.

1 Power level to max rather than enjoying what the game was built for

2 Realize it's hard to pvp max when there's nobody your level cuz most people didn't power level like you

3 Say you play the game for pvp, then don't talk about the actual pvp in your whine post but rather what your grinded stats are

4 ?????

5 Profit

Cool story bro, would read again.

As for all of us enjoying the game after work and our life commitments, and not zerging through things- we'll be here for a long time.

Enjoy your WoW endless grind.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm telling you, from one gamer to another, that if you don't like a video game, you shouldn't play it. No amount of pissing and complaining is going to make them change lead writers or make them take the game in an entirely new direction. And short of one of those things happening, you're never going to be happy playing this game.

So yes, I'm telling you to stop :wea_03:ing playing and go away.

Look, I know you're getting emotionally invested in this champ, but just relax. You're missing the point of what i'm saying. I'm saying the game needs something else other than relevelling to do, and you're saying i'm trying to make them take the game in another direction? Well, it's obvious they at least intend to add endgame, so I think I can pretty much ignore that point.

I don't see whats so outlandish about wanting content at level 50. The writing I couldn't care less about, I can skip it if it gets any worse. What i want is some actual gameplay, y'know?

I haven't read through all this garbage... but firstly, what kind of *****hole school teacher calls people that like soccer 'eurotards' and has such audacity and ignorance to say everyone that likes fishing is poor. Nice life.

Anyways, next content patch is later in Janurary and yes they are adding rated warzones. So do your dailies and then find another game to play in the meantime.

Time played: 14 Days, 17hours, 36minutes.

The game's been out officially for 15 days. 22 for head start- that you have spent two thirds of your time playing this game speaks wonders about you.... you pretty much sleep, eat, and play this game don't you? Oh, I pity you, bored of a game and jobless living off someone else. I truly hope BW caters to you, the most valued of customers.

The game's been out officially for 15 days. 22 for head start- that you have spent two thirds of your time playing this game speaks wonders about you.... you pretty much sleep, eat, and play this game don't you? Oh, I pity you, bored of a game and jobless living off someone else. I truly hope BW caters to you, the most valued of customers.

And what is it for you? If this is the life he wants, who are you to judge it? Really. Do you think a gaming forum is the proper place for this kind of "analysis"? You come here with useless posts criticizing others' life? Now I say that this speaks wonders about you. Pathetic...

Posts like this were inevitable, we all foresaw them. The OP isn't really complaining about nothing at endgame, what he is doing is shouting 'Look at me I am a jerk. I have not played the game, I have just rushed to the top and now I want to shout how good I am because I am level 50 before you.'

Sorry no sympathy from me... bye.

Look, I know you're getting emotionally invested in this champ, but just relax. You're missing the point of what i'm saying. I'm saying the game needs something else other than relevelling to do, and you're saying i'm trying to make them take the game in another direction? Well, it's obvious they at least intend to add endgame, so I think I can pretty much ignore that point.

I don't see whats so outlandish about wanting content at level 50. The writing I couldn't care less about, I can skip it if it gets any worse. What i want is some actual gameplay, y'know?

Blah blah blah "u mad bro" blah blah blah "SWTOR sucks at 50."

Look, the game has been out for 2 weeks. There is already plans to come out with a new operation and new flashpoints this month.

You're not asking for Bioware to come out with new content, you're demanding they put content out at the speed that you devour it, which is completely different.

Level 50

Valor 61

Legacy 7

Nothing to do but daily quests for 2hrs a day to get battle master bags for RNG pvp then log off.....

Why don't you spacebar your way off the forum and go do something else then? This game is not for you.

I don't need incredibly hardcore endgame. I just need something that works, and something that I can spend a bit of time on. Its the fact I have to go back and replay content (that is even more boring than replaying endgame to a number of people, not just me) to experience new things that irks me.

What's wrong with doing something else now that you've reached 50. Play something else until more content is added or features are updated that fit more your playstyle.

I'm currently playing both BH and Jedi consular. To me, its two vastly different game experiences. Playing the BH has a different pace than the Jedi. I'm not saying this is what you should do, what I'm saying is this game was designed for doing just that.

Again, if you don't want to do that and you are looking only for endgame, maybe you need to shelve it, follow its development, then come back when you are satisfied. That's my advice.

To me, they've captured the SW universe greatly, in KOTOR-esque style, which I enjoy. If I didn't like KOTOR or ME-style gaming, I never would have picked this up. If I wanted endgame raiding and pvp, I would have stuck with Rift and WoW.

What harm is there to cancel your sub and pay the $15 to another mmo that gives you what you want, then resub when you want later on? I just don't see anything wrong with that.

Blah blah blah "u mad bro" blah blah blah "SWTOR sucks at 50."

Look, the game has been out for 2 weeks. There is already plans to come out with a new operation and new flashpoints this month.

You're not asking for Bioware to come out with new content, you're demanding they put content out at the speed that you devour it, which is completely different.

They need to fix base mechanics to make what is happening at endgame enjoyable. Flashpoints and operations are buggy and the fights are nothing spectacular. PvP is a joke, and I don't think thats ever going to get better. We're not even getting any feedback about whether they're going to fix issues or not. But yes, i'm sure another operation people will steamroll through will be the solution.

You have 4 level 50s?

Man, way too much time on your hands.

Wait, you only have one 50? What about the other three storylines?

I actually started playing an alt about a week ago, and 95% of all quests I do is exactly the same as my main character. In other words the only valid option would be to reroll to the other faction, but end up playing without your mates.

So your comment is moot.

Welcome to SWTOR the place where you get nothing for reaching lv 50.

This a MMOvisualbook

Name one MMO that had FULL endgame content on release.

Not just 2-3 raids, but a significant amount of endgame content that could keep players playing for months without getting bored.

The problem here is not the game, but the players.

Many of them come from wow, which has been out for 7+ years and are used to there being plenty to do at endgame and as such expect this to be the same, not realizing that all the content in wow has taken years to add.

I have 1 lvl 45 char and a 22 char.

I am fascinated with the storyline and have not even thought of trying PVP yet.

This game focuses on the storyline, NOT the pvp.

If you play for the PVP then you are playing the wrong game, and I would suggest that you find a game that has these things you want, rather than complain about lack of it in this game.

What's wrong with doing something else now that you've reached 50. Play something else until more content is added or features are updated that fit more your playstyle.

I'm currently playing both BH and Jedi consular. To me, its two vastly different game experiences. Playing the BH has a different pace than the Jedi. I'm not saying this is what you should do, what I'm saying is this game was designed for doing just that.

Again, if you don't want to do that and you are looking only for endgame, maybe you need to shelve it, follow its development, then come back when you are satisfied. That's my advice.

To me, they've captured the SW universe greatly, in KOTOR-esque style, which I enjoy. If I didn't like KOTOR or ME-style gaming, I never would have picked this up. If I wanted endgame raiding and pvp, I would have stuck with Rift and WoW.

What harm is there to cancel your sub and pay the $15 to another mmo that gives you what you want, then resub when you want later on? I just don't see anything wrong with that.

Whats wrong with levelling another character straight away is that it isn't necessarily new content, especially not if you want to level two characters on the same side to play with friends. I loved Kotor, ME 1 as well (ME2 is another story, but I digress) and so I picked this up hoping it would be of that quality. I am a little underwhelemed, but not enough to drop the game straight off.

I'm playing through my free month and posting feedback on the forums so if I do want pick the game up again down the track, it might be a better game for me. However, the first thing i'm hit with is a bunch of biodrones (as well as reasonable people who are just sick of all the troll threads) saying "roll an alt and stop complaining", "get a life" (particularly funny coming from the rabid bioware fans) and "just leave." Not very constructive, right?

Edited by Edarias

This my dear fellow gamer is the logical approach, but for our OP it will not work, for our OP has not followed the story line, he is not interested in the quests, he has spacebar'ed his way through them, so to him one character will be much like the other.

His whole approach has been to get to 50 before anyone else, then shout 'look at me Ma, I'm top of the world'

Not just 2-3 raids, but a significant amount of endgame content that could keep players playing for months without getting bored.

Many of them come from wow, which has been out for 7+ years and are used to there being plenty to do at endgame and as such expect this to be the same, not realizing that all the content in wow has taken years to add.

If you play for the PVP then you are playing the wrong game, and I would suggest that you find a game that has these things you want, rather than complain about lack of it in this game.

This^

I agree, the problem is this new breed of player that expects everything now, and if they don't get it, epic fail. Its so disheartening to see how people just spacebar through a very intriguing and engaging story. There's just so much to discover, and it adds so much to the immersion.

It is a winning formula, but its been focused on an unforgiving crowd. I don't think that unforgiving crowd will be around much longer, as they will gravitate back toward the games they enjoy.

+1, I too agree with this. Games great, and from what I can see from the number of raids/dungeons at End Game it's got more than most games did on release. And if you are playing for PvP you really shouldn't be playing themepark MMO's with a few notable exceptions you should head out to Eve or Darkfall style games where the PvP hurts so bad it's good.

Hello,

First I have to say, that I still enjoy the game but that does not stop me from acknowledging the issue that I see in regards of re-playability and long term motivation.

Yes TOR is a story based mmo. The problem with that is that only the class quests is different. I only played one beta weekend and I am already bored from Hutta, Korriban and Dromund Kaas because I know the storyline of those planets.

This diminishes repeatability greatly. Add to this the fact that in regards of gameplay and combat in TOR does not deliver anything new and right now feels a bit clunky (due to the bug with ability delay that was already acknowledged) and I seriously ask myself is it worth to play 8 chars just because of the classquest?

Btw. For me the answer is yes right now. But I am strange :)

As for the long term motivation the issue is that there is no serious high level content.

YES! No MMO started with high level content but guess what.... we are living post WOW.

You may love or hate WoW but you have to acknowledge that it changed the mmo market and again... you may think about this as a good or bad thing... up to you.

WoW set new standards for MMOs and not one other company has yet learned from it.

A MMO is about long term motivation and this means end content on different levels. For TOR as a story-based mmo this means Level 50 storylines imho.

But you also need repeatable content that does NOT frustrate players but rewards them for there work.

TOR does not deliver this RIGHT NOW!