Not enough quickbar buttons!

JulioHarris

They just need to re-evaluate some abilities and realize many get superceded by later abilities and will never get used again once you reach a certain level.

I'm all for choice but it's clear that a good handful of abilities are simply placeholders meant to help you in your leveling till you get better ones.

Edited by Brebo

Dear BioWare,

4 bars, bottom center

1 bar for companion, bottom center

Scale them down.

^^^ This would make me happier. I like having lots of abilities. Please don't start gutting our abilities.

ttyl,

lylas,

<3 bff <3

- me

Edited by belialle

Plenty of quickbars - too many skills, many of which are redundant.
You're not supposed to be using them all. Half your abilities are things meant for the other AC, or for your AC's other trees. And a lot of the others are things for lowbies. Stop putting things on the bars that you shouldn't use, and there's plenty of room.

They just need to re-evaluate some abilities and realize many get superceded by later abilities and will never get used again once you reach a certain level.

I'm all for choice but it's clear that a good handful of abilities are simply placeholders meant to help you in your leveling till you get better ones.

^ This. I'm level 20 and I've already completely removed two skills from my bar because I just don't need them anymore.

Interestingly enough, a thoughtful player could do this for themselves you know. I don't knwo why so many people complain that there are too many abilities. You as the player get to choose which ones you use and which ones are not worth the space on a hotbar.

You're not supposed to be using them all. Half your abilities are things meant for the other AC, or for your AC's other trees. And a lot of the others are things for lowbies. Stop putting things on the bars that you shouldn't use, and there's plenty of room.

You don't get skills for your other AC - that's the point of having another AC. Several skills overlap in some way or another and can easily be modified to reduce the need for one or the other. The best example I've found so far is Opportune Strike and Pommel Strike. Both high damage, but one for slowed targets, the other for stunned targets. That's just silly.

Some skills need to be replaced with more powerful versions from talents. Like Overhead Smash replacing Blade Storm for Vigilance spec Guardians. The whole deal with "some skills for weak/normal and different ones for strong" isn't very well thought out either.

don't quote me on this because i haven't tested it yet but i blieve that if you set up your action bar to hot keys and then put your companions expanded bar over it you can still use the ones you have already set up for it with the different hotkeys i'm gong to test this tonite unless someone can do b4 hand as i am at work atm

Anyone who is okay with completely removing an ability from their quickbar is intentionally gimping them self. As a sentinel and operative by 30 i had every spot full and had to chose between keeping quicktravel and sprint, or not commonly used abilities which may prove perfect for certain situations.

un cool

This has not been my experience, all of my abilities still have at least situational use; I also find that many abilities have comparatively long cooldowns for rotation abilities, frequently leaving me looking for a resource dump.

For example: A Smuggler gets Cheap Shot at rank 30 (I believe). Has a 4m range, can only be used when the target is incapacitated.

At 34, you get Head Shot. Has a 30m range, can only be used when target is incapacitated, Shares a CD with Cheap Shot.

I know what you're thinking: Cheap Shot is for Scoundrels and Head Shot is for Gunslingers. Except that Head Shot does noticeably more damage and can be used at much greater distance, say if I threw a thermal grenade or flashbomb on the fly.

I'm sure this isn't the only example as far as other classes are concerned but my point is there is absolutely no reason to use the former once you obtain the latter no matter which specialization you are.

Edited by Brebo

You don't get skills for your other AC - that's the point of having another AC.
Uh, yeah you do. You continue to get ranged attacks (and new ranks) as a melee AC for example, even though you're basically never going to be using them.

Uh, yeah you do. You continue to get ranged attacks (and new ranks) as a melee AC for example, even though you're basically never going to be using them.

That's not indicative of getting skills for your other AC. Faulty logic.

No class is ever exclusively ranged or melee in this game. Guardians/Warriors are more melee centric but they aren't crippled from range. Gunslingers/Commandos are more ranged centric but there's no reason to not have a few melee skills, particularly ones that make it easier to get back to ranged.

Edited by aznthecapn

That's not indicative of getting skills for your other AC.
Yeah it is. You only have some of those abilities because the two ACs were once one class. After they diverge at level 10 though, a lot of stuff just stops serving any use. It's sorta the TOR equivalent of the vestigial limbs in snakes. It's useless, just an indication of where you came from.

I understand the need to pick and choose which abilities one wants to use, but I cannot believe some of you are arguing against more quick bars. That seems strange. You wouldn't have to add the extra ones. Some of us just want the option.

More importantly, we need to be able to scale the UI windows and rearrange them. Might be easier for people who run at 1900x1200, but I'd still like to adjust as I please.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.