How is Healing sage in PVP at lvl 50?

Tonhl

Titles says it all :)

I'm lvl 43 Atm full healing. I did several WZ and i find my sage lacking in cruicial deptartments:

1) Lack of reliable instant healing: enough said, if i get a melee/ranged/anything on me, i'm basically dead and cannot do anything beside hoping he is a noob and let me kite him and hoping other dps do the dps job while i try to save my ***.

2) Lack of survivability : I wear paper and I've my force armour every 30 secs (already trained at max efficiency) but is easy disposed by an average dps, then i need to hope the dps is a noob and let me run away and heal with my castable heals

3) Lack of group healing : I see we have only the last healing tier as an AOE GT healing, dunno how good is but sice is GT it affect only the ground where is casted so if a guy is outside the ground he wont get healing

In WZ i rarely found any sage healer, All counsular i see are like 85% jedi shadows,others kintetics, and the healers, tough scarce, are anything beside a sage.

So is at lvl 50 better? I need to learn (surely i need) something that i'm not doing good? or i wasted my time levelling an useless PvP healer?

Thanks in advance for every input :)

Actually Seers are arguable the best PVP healers because they tend to be very, very hard to kill because of their incredible Utility.

You have many tools at your disposal. You have a nearly spammable knockback. Not one target, all around you. Use it strategically, use terrain, etc. You have 4 and 8 second stuns, you have a slow, you have force shield, which is extremely good for when someone starts beating you in melee and then you have force speed, which is probably the best PVP skill in the game. Combine those at will to be effective in healing, annoying the other team and staying alive.

Also try to be more than a healer. Use your DOTs occasionally on other players, especially the instant cast one. Annoy enemy healers with your spammable interrupt, use Rescue, etc.

Personally, I haven't yet encountered a situation where a shield, knockback and force speed didn't save my butt. In fact there are many machtes where I don't die at all.

Because of the incredible amount of CC and utility talents I believe a Seer is by far the most mobile, versatile and hard to crack PVP healer there is and that's despite the fact that we can't cast any significant heal on the run but the truth is, it is simply not necessaty. You shield will protect you if you need to stop a few seconds to dish out some heals and force speed makes sure that you keep up with the ball carrier in HuttBall. ;)

My Scoundrel in direct comparison fares far worse. You are super mobile but you just don't have the utility, you don't have as many and as often usable get out of jail free cards and if you have something important like vanish on cooldown, you die very quickly. You're also not that good at healing through burst periods. There are pluses and minuses to every healing class in PVP, but what you say about a Sage is simply far off from true.

Edited by syntxerr

Actually Seers are arguable the best PVP healers because they tend to be very, very hard to kill because of their incredible Utility.

You have many tools at your disposal. You have a nearly spammable knockback. Not one target, all around you. Use it strategically, use terrain, etc. You have 4 and 8 second stuns, you have a slow, you have force shield, which is extremely good for when someone starts beating you in melee and then you have force speed, which is probably the best PVP skill in the game. Combine those at will to be effective in healing, annoying the other team and staying alive.

Also try to be more than a healer. Use your DOTs occasionally on other players, especially the instant cast one. Annoy enemy healers with your spammable interrupt, use Rescue, etc.

Personally, I haven't yet encountered a situation where a shield, knockback and force speed didn't save my butt. In fact there are many machtes where I don't die at all.

Because of the incredible amount of CC and utility talents I believe a Seer is by far the most mobile, versatile and hard to crack PVP healer there is and that's despite the fact that we can't cast any significant heal on the run but the truth is, it is simply not necessaty. You shield will protect you if you need to stop a few seconds to dish out some heals and force speed makes sure that you keep up with the ball carrier in HuttBall. ;)

My Scoundrel in direct comparison fares far worse. You are super mobile but you just don't have the utility, you don't have as many and as often usable get out of jail free cards and if you have something important like vanish on cooldown, you die very quickly. You're also not that good at healing through burst periods. There are pluses and minuses to every healing class in PVP, but what you say about a Sage is simply far off from true.

Very well said. I for one use all of these utility and healing skills and tend to survive alot all tho I'm only around lvl 30ish I also tend to end top of healing even if there are more healers around. When U need to run, use the cc available at ur disposal, shield urself and throw a ur hot if ure not full hp.

What I do not like about the healing in generall in WZ's tho(bit OT) is that the medals rewards are not very beneficial for healers compared to dps, yes I do use my CC´s, Dot´s and so on to drop them imps but I still do not get close to all those 6-8 medals them dps do.

Thanks for the answers so far. I think i need to get more skill, a better interface card for fps lag (hard to time interrupts and things when u lagged) and run like hell :)

Btw, is normal that force armour last very little even if trained with +20% cause looks like as soon as i have it a dps shots me and im without force armour and with 75% hp....

It's the Sage's healing talent tree. :)

Ok cool, thanks. That is what I plan on doing, when I get there. I am currently at level 6 with my consular, so I should be able to get to level 10 tonight. That is when I get to choose either sage or shadow, right? Does it prompt me automatically when I hit level 10, like "would you like to be a sage or a shadow", or do I have to see a NPC for that?

Ok cool, thanks. That is what I plan on doing, when I get there. I am currently at level 6 with my consular, so I should be able to get to level 10 tonight. That is when I get to choose either sage or shadow, right? Does it prompt me automatically when I hit level 10, like "would you like to be a sage or a shadow", or do I have to see a NPC for that?

Youll end up on the republic fleet and have to talk to your trainer to pick your advanced class.

Ok so let me caveat by saying I'm balance, not because of seer survivability but because Bioware needs to fix the reward system for healers. You can do 500k in healing and you get 3 medals.... Again, -3- medals! Medals = valor, commendations, xp if you aren't 50 and credits. As balance I typically get 7-11 medals every round, win or lose.

However, with that said, I believe my survivability would be far higher if I spec'd into the seer tree (at 50 I only have 2 points into the seer tree for the faster heal). As balance I have one more root than you (2 second root on a short cooldown) but that's about it.

Although spec'd balance, I will heal about 100-110k a match and while doing so if someone jumps on me I will often times just force lift them and continue doing what I was doing.... When force lift wears off, they get force stunned and I go back to healing.

When that wears off, they get force slow, and I force speed away from them, drawing them into my melee ball of allies and away from their healer's range if they choose to pursue (a poor choice for them).

The only time I tend to die fast is if I get assist trained by 2+ people and I don't have heals coming from anywhere else. In a situation like that -anyone is going to die pretty fast. **On an added note, some of the stealth classes, spec'd properly and geared well can ruin your day very fast if they get the jump on you from stealth but if you are quick to react you can get away at about 50% health and possibly recover.

You have a ton of tools available to you as mentioned earlier. Situational awareness and positioning is VERY important as a sage but done right you should be good. I rarely die unless I'm playing friends on the imp side that just want to murder me lol.

Keep practicing and you'll get better -and I hope bioware fixes the stupid reward system in place for healers in warzones :mad:

Edited by AWorthington

I think what has not been mentioned so far is the insane amount of difference pvp gear will make. You might not believe it, but it really changes EVERYTHING, once you have about 200 Expertise or more.

I have now champion or centurion gear on each and every slot possible (except for the relics, for obvious reasons) and it's nigh impossible to kill me in a 2on2 with a tank that guards me. I outlive everything. I have armor, I have heal, I have mobility, I have stuns, knockbacks, interrupts, hots, it's just the way it's supposed to be.

So don't worry. You might die a lot now, since all the level 50 guys with pvp gear kill you in an instant, but once you reach max level and aquire some gear, your whole gameplay experience will completly change.

I think what has not been mentioned so far is the insane amount of difference pvp gear will make. You might not believe it, but it really changes EVERYTHING, once you have about 200 Expertise or more.

I have now champion or centurion gear on each and every slot possible (except for the relics, for obvious reasons) and it's nigh impossible to kill me in a 2on2 with a tank that guards me. I outlive everything. I have armor, I have heal, I have mobility, I have stuns, knockbacks, interrupts, hots, it's just the way it's supposed to be.

So don't worry. You might die a lot now, since all the level 50 guys with pvp gear kill you in an instant, but once you reach max level and aquire some gear, your whole gameplay experience will completly change.

I totally agree.. In my early days being 50 I was steeeeeeaaamrolled by people in champ gear. It gets better. It can be a weary grind tho :).

TY for this post. I have been sitting here saying, "Healing in this game in PvP is just not working." I die almost instantly with 2 lvl 50 players on me, and can't stay lucid long enough with 1 on me to get heals off. It's been pretty discouraging and generally un-fun a lot of the time. I really hope it gets better as you say, as I would like to spend more of my time up in a match than riding back to the fight.

TY for this post. I have been sitting here saying, "Healing in this game in PvP is just not working." I die almost instantly with 2 lvl 50 players on me, and can't stay lucid long enough with 1 on me to get heals off. It's been pretty discouraging and generally un-fun a lot of the time. I really hope it gets better as you say, as I would like to spend more of my time up in a match than riding back to the fight.

the reason is : "he got tank's guard."

No guard you are nothing.......

Seer let me feel bad too.

Even at duel, you must keep more technique to win.

A RDPS can easily win by spaming and you spam healing with him you lose lol

healing healing... hmmm... i have 0 experiance with healing class, always dps dps dps ;] atm im on healing spec and dont want to change it, why ? because when you're in pt healing is very important and if u get good healer/s and team what know what to do its almost win on WZ ;]]

My best score with healing.:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7361/screenshot2012010514561.jpg

That was a great fight, 2 very very good team, both have healers and good dps classes, one of many WZ what i rly likes.

Edited by Dreedzik

What is the 8 Second Stun and what level do i get it? 40 sage currently.

i agree with you completely. im a sage healer for PVP and i must admit 1 on 1 im unstopable (most of the time) 2 on it takes time to get me down. i can average over 200k healing with out breaking a sweat and had a PB of 420k in 1 round.

Tips as a Seer, dont stand still, use LOS alot. I rarely use my throws in combat, its all Heals, CC and bleeds. And dont run into combat, stay back coz you have good range as a healer and OMG that heal bomb is great if you get it off in the right spot. :)

With my current gear which is about half t2 pvp half leveling crap. I don't really worry about anyone being auto win 1v1 if I try. Being dpsed by 2 or more I get blown up pretty good.

Love the utility sage has, but not a fan I had to spec from heals back to dps because republic mostly sucks on my server.