Which force using class has best story ?

Sznur

I basically want to play a Force using class with a best all around story. From reading beta forums I gathered that:

-Inquisitor has great story at start but it falls apart later

-Warrior story is just average.

-Consular has most boring story of all classes

-Knights story is average but has best ending

Is that correct ? Any help would be appreciated, preferably without spoilers.

Edited by Sznur

Peoples opinions on story in this game seems to be varied. I played an Inquisitor on Beta I will be honest I loved it, even the side quests. That said, I levelled with 3 other people, a fellow Inquisi (he went assassin i was Sorceror) an Imperial Agent and a Bounty Hunter respectively. The stories all lead to the same areas and playing alongside seeing their stories was amazing, they all sort of tied together in some way.

I have to say I only played to level 20 over the 3 days of Beta, we took our time, enjoyed ourselves. I loved the story it was gripping and I just wanted to find out what happened next, where the story would take me. Without any spoilers I probably chose a different planet for Chapter 1 to start with than others may have, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I also played full Dark side. I never even tried a Republic side character.

Well, as Supa Sheep said, its going to vary greatly by personal opinion. Your best bet would be to just play them all!

To me, the Sith Inq Assassin was doing pretty well as light-side. Jedi Knight was kind of boring. Consular was more entertaining as dark. And the Sith jugger was decent to follow. I know, not much information or expanded detail, but you don't want spoilers, and my opinion is worth as much as the next guy.

You will have to develop your own opinion, by just playing :D

I've played Inq to lvl 50 and loved it. Around lvl 30 I started to get bored and went to the BH class, played it for a while then came back to my Inq and powered through the rest. When I got to lvl 40 on my Inq it renew my push to see the rest of the story.

But again around lvl 30 for Inq I started to lose interest.

Edited by Raan

The Sith Inquisitor story starts off slightly, and let me stress slightly, slow. If you can hang in there though, you are well rewarded with what is easily one of the best star wars stories to have ever been concieved. At least I thought so. Having played it up to level 46, I never really got bored of it.

"Best story" is purely subjective, it's impossible to tell you which one you'll like and which you won't.

Are you a conqueror? Warrior

Are you into politics and subterfuge? Inquisitor

Do you like to save the day? Knight

Do you like mystery novels? Consular

That's what I gathered from my limited time in the beta tests.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have not played republic but I have played both SW and inquisitor.

The inquisitor story is terrible. Act 1 your Laura croft, act two is freaking ghost busters and act three is just lame. In the end you end up feeling like a typical sith nobody special.

The SW story is amazing. Throughout it they have you feeling like your some unstoppable force. The storyline is above average until the beginning of act three. Then the final stretch is just pure awesomeness. At the end you will feel like the biggest bad *** in the galaxy and you will want more.

From what I hear the JK story line is equally as awesome as the SW. I have not heard much about consular.

Edited by Xaxxus

I've played both Sith storylines and the Inquisitor was the best for me. Its very cerebral about unraveling the secrets of the Force and transforming yourself into something literally unkillable and building up a power base. While reforming the Sith Order and discarding with the Old Sith ways on the side.

However a lot of people expected it to be like the Sith Warrior story, which is basically assassinating a lot of people with some manipulation thrown in. Sith Warrior story is okay and less internal to the Empire, but is definitely plain. It seemed like being a pet dog. A pet dog that can blast through things with his sheer main character power mind you, but he's always on someones leash.

Edited by EmperorFluffy

I've played both Sith storylines and the Inquisitor was the best for me. Its very cerebral about unraveling the secrets of the Force and transforming yourself into something literally unkillable and building up a power base. While reforming the Sith Order and discarding with the Old Sith ways on the side.

However a lot of people expected it to be like the Sith Warrior story, which is basically assassinating a lot of people with some manipulation thrown in. Sith Warrior story is okay and less internal to the Empire, but is definitely plain. It seemed like being a pet dog. A pet dog that can blast through things with his sheer main character power mind you, but he's always on someones leash.

Ok, how does the Inquisitor storyline fall into place with a character being an assassin? Since Assassins are melee, are there times when you see some of that awesome Jedi/Sith combat as you do with the Sith Warrior, or is it just a matter of spending all your time hunting relics and knocking higher Sith out of their position for your own sake?

Do you like mystery novels? Consular.

I don't know about that, Scooby Doo was more mysterious than the consular story. Then again i've only finished Act I, but so far it has been incredibly boring and predictable.

To OP:

If you want to play a force-using class for the storyline i'd recommend the JK or SW over their mental counterparts.

Like others said, it all depends on your tastes. My personall opinion is:

1. SI

2. SW

3. JC

4. JK

A lot of people like JK, but personally its a very predictable, 'Lets save the day!' story. Each to his own I guess, but personally I can't tell you enough how good the SI is, ESPECIALLY act III.

I've played through the Inquisitor story twice.

I have two 50s that are SI's. During the Beta I played the SI storyline all the way to level 36 twice.

And I'm planning to make a third SI once the Legacy system comes out. Am I crazy? Probably. There's just something about the SI that makes me keep going back for more, unlike all the other force users.

I don't know about that, Scooby Doo was more mysterious than the consular story. Then again i've only finished Act I, but so far it has been incredibly boring and predictable.

There is basically one mystery in every chapter for the JC, but the latter two aren't really any better than the first one. I actually probably give the first one credit because your character is the one who solves it(even if he did solve it four planets later than he should have). The second mystery has no clues up until the reveal covnersation where the culprit is revealed to be the person who just happens to have left the ship. Then in Act 3 they don't even bother giving you tips, just a big dramatic reveal that I was already spoiled on. >.>

A lot of people like JK, but personally its a very predictable, 'Lets save the day!' story. Each to his own I guess, but personally I can't tell you enough how good the SI is, ESPECIALLY act III.

I always find it interesting when I see someone who says that the SI was good. I'm not going to say you are wrong since I am still low level on mine, but I just find it interesting that people's opinions can vary so much on this....and the reason JK is awesome is because it is the predicable 'Lets save the day!' storyline. Being the hero is awesome. :p

i played act 1 of the inquisitor, played to the start of act 3 with the jedi knight, and im currently in the middle of act 2 with the consular.

i'd honestly rank them.

1.) consular.

2.) jedi knight.

3.) inquisitor

how anyone thinks the inquisitor is more interesting than the consular is beyond me. the jedi knight just seemed alittle too "generic hero that saves the world every episode". while the consular is more subtle. it also has alot of interesting things going on in it that kept me far more interested in the story.