08am till 4pm Maintenances? why do we need 8 hour maintenances..?

Kyris_Xiandrii

I just saw people talking about the maintenance times tomorrow.

8 hours... EIGHT HOURS to do a simple maintenance?!!?!!

most crappy korean F2P MMORPGS have a 3 hour downtime, and most modern western MMOs have 1-2 hour maintenance per week

I know this is bioware's first MMO, but 8 hours per week downtime is just unacceptable...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

most crappy korean F2P MMORPGS have a 3 hour downtime, and most modern western MMOs have 1-2 hour maintenance per week

I know this is bioware's first MMO, but 8 hours per week downtime is just unacceptable...

Oh dont worry its always going to be from morning to almost evening for EU.

USA can receive it during the nighttime because they dont work like we do so its not offpeak like it apparently is for us if they did it over there on our times. :')

I don't know what WoW's weekly maintenance is like now days because I don't play anymore but they used to be 8hrs at least every week and Rift had a similar maintenance window. So personally I am not that surprised by an 8 hour maintenance time.

Also even when maintenance fell during hours I could be playing (IE when I'm not at work), i certainly didn't go to the forums and complain about it because I understand that maintenance has to be done and I will be able to play when it's finished.

Edited by Vesperascit

USA can receive it during the nighttime because they dont work like we do so its not offpeak like it apparently is for us if they did it over there on our times. :')

Does the entire European Union work in the evenings?

An eight hour maintenance is not going to be a normal thing. I expect it's longer because they are implementing some larger changes that require more time to load up and test than normal.

"Simple Maintenance"?

Please enlighten us to your in-depth knowledge of exactly what BioWare does during their Maintenance and exactly what goes on with server updates and such.

You must have all the solutions to everything since you are so certain to know the facts about what should, or should not happen right?

No? Yeah, figured you were just another impatient kid.

Can you really complain about bugs and then complain again when they take the servers down to fix them?

Can you really complain about bugs and then complain again when they take the servers down to fix them?

^

This.

I get tired of the whining about things being broken, and then about them taking the time to fix it.

People begging for the game to come out, then complaining it needed to cook more.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I truthfully think MMOs just need to vanish off the face of the earth sometimes so humanity can gain some IQ points back.

Does the entire European Union work in the evenings?

An eight hour maintenance is not going to be a normal thing. I expect it's longer because they are implementing some larger changes that require more time to load up and test than normal.

Why is it during nighttime in the usa?

There is 0 reason to do that if you assume they work from 8am to 4pm just like we do.

Our servers are in Ireland yet maintenance in EU starts when it starts in the USA. (2am becomes 8am GMT respectively)

Offpeak nonsense is just that..nonsense.

But keep defending ridiculous maintenance times and hours. :rolleyes:

How's that Euro doing?

Posted while at work.

Not American though.

I'd be worried if it wasnt 8 hours for a brand new MMO. There are so many things to fix that to have the bare minimum maitenence would be...silly.

Thing is, we haven't seen ANY evidence of a major patch incoming. The only patch is 1.0.2 which is hardly anything substantial.

So the question still begs, what exactly are they doing that requires 8 hours worth of downtime?

Why is it during nighttime in the usa?

There is 0 reason to do that if you assume they work from 8am to 4pm just like we do.

Our servers are in Ireland yet maintenance in EU starts when it starts in the USA. (2am becomes 8am GMT respectively)

Offpeak nonsense is just that..nonsense.

But keep defending ridiculous maintenance times and hours. :rolleyes:

I had to deal with the same thing playing games over sea like Ryzom.

I dealt with it, because I know the world doesn't revolve around me.

Thing is, we haven't seen ANY evidence of a major patch incoming. The only patch is 1.0.2 which is hardly anything substantial.

So the question still begs, what exactly are they doing that requires 8 hours worth of downtime?

Probably what we do, patching the servers themselves to improve performance or fix issues that arose after hitting production.

And at the hospital I work at we don't give the end user patch notes for Unix, Windows or Linux.

Just the applications that they work in, which are different downtime windows as well.

Edited by Fraxture

I had to deal with the same thing playing games over sea like Ryzom.

I dealt with it, because I know the world doesn't revolve around me.

And bioware can deal with 1 less subscribtion. (well a few 1000 or 10.000's is more likely)

But granted it wont just be for maintenance hours.

This isnt me being negative by the way just stating obvious and rather predictable facts.

I know its not fun to hear but yeh the signs are on the walls.

Nobody is going to keep paying for years.. for what is essentially a single player (online) game.

And bioware can deal with 1 less subscribtion. (well a few 1000 or 10.000's is more likely)

This isnt me being negative by the way just stating obvious and rather predictable facts.

Nobody is going to keep paying for years.. for what is essentially a single player (online) game.

So everyone in EU is short tempered like you?

You speak for them all?

Wow..how do you live with such power? :eek:

It's 8am to 4pm...try going to work, or school, or outside...

the normal downtime should be four hours from what I can tell, the fact that they are saying 8 leads me to believe they are making some pretty significant changes.

Significant changes? You are joking right? Read their patch notes for Jan 4th. Now we FINALLY have the much-needed ability to emote while mounted! YAY!...!.....!......

It's 8am to 4pm...try going to work, or school, or outside...

In all your wisdom did you stop to think that for some that might be peoples down time? their time off? did you ever stop to think that there are people in this world that work at night to keep many things you enjoy in this world working?

Bet you didn't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.