Why are a "select few" getting to play , when we purchased the same thing?

cylak

Bioware ****ed it up bad, real bad. The weekend beta had almost a million people in with no problems at all, the stability thing is just a crock.

All this is doing is pissing people off.

Yeah there were no problems if you don't count the "hours long queue" times. Servers did crash and there was instability.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

how to stop this discussion:

everyone stop typing.. just post this link:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/factsd.jpg/

and keep posting untill he understands

the end.

That image means nothing

again i will state, not at any point did the provider or the box tell you" people who preorder the game before you , will be playing before you" not in anycase has this been said or presented on the actual box.

And i purchased it online, i did not go into the store

WRONG

i go to the store, buy the game, all good, not at anypoint did the store tell me, hey you do realize people who have preordered this game before you will be playing on the servers before you, and nor does it say that on the box.

Again they are liable for misrepresenting a product to the consumer.

The store doesn't have to tell you. If you want to know, you have to ask. If you didn't ask and you didn't know, it's still not their fault. If you know otherwise, please link your law degree. Otherwise, get back in line and enjoy the line wait. Not like you have any choice anyway.

Most of us are just... well, bored, because we have ALLLLL this free time we arrangd for Early Access just in case. Only one in this thread seems to have a problem (at least, that's how I read it)

exactly. as soon as i get in ill probably only come here during maintenance.

That image means nothing

again i will state, not at any point did the provider or the box tell you" people who preorder the game before you , will be playing before you" not in anycase has this been said or presented on the actual box.

point to where it says you get in first

It infact does say that you will get it early access based on when you redeemed your code, so, yeah, it say it on the box. On amazon it simply says that you will get early access, nothing about how long or when, just says that you get it, so unless you dont get aleast one day early access then amazon it also not wrong. your argument is more thin then paper man.

lol your joking if your holding onto that as refering to, people who preorder first will be playing on a server first, and gaining a unfair advantage

That image means nothing

go email Amazon then. its their fault.

So by his logic, if you go to the store and buy clorox and printed on the clorox bottle it says poisonous, do not drink, if the clerk does not explicitly tell him "DO NOT DRINK THIS IT COULD KILL YOU" and he goes home and does it he can sue the store for not revealing that information.

PLEASE, let me know what country you live in. I HAVE to become a lawyer there.

It said it COULD kill me... I drank it anyhow, because they didn't say it would kill me! GASP

anyhow, like everyone is saying... it's not BW's fault, as before I could do much on swtor.com I was bombarded by "play up to 5 days early, depending on when you preorder!"

And I said "CRAP.... I didn't preorder yet... looks like I'm at the bottom of the queue!!"

That image means nothing

Actually, it PRETTY EXPLICITLY says it...

"The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code."

Against, first in line, first outta line.

as title says.

Discrimination much?

add in the other problems, lvl issues , especially on pvp servers, economies ruined , players having clear advantages.I could go on and on, there are millions of problems with this staggered launch, its mindblowing that nobody in any of these companies didnt realize the problem this was going to create.

You will find alot of people no longer buy things from the companies assiocated with this game, i know that for a fact, because i already have friends who refuse to play anything EA has there name on, which is this, even though its star wars and they like it, they wont play due to EA, now, all i can say is WOW, way to go with this latest debarcle.

this is Coming from a very pissed of customer

Because I'm better then you.

Does that answer make you happy? No? Oh well, I'm here all week :p

That image means nothing

It says it EXACTLY in the highlighted fragment. If you can't read English then it's your fault. Bye.

How do people not understand or read the website

a) states you MAY play up to 5 days early.. I thought that was easily understood

b) They started early access 2 days earlier so even if you didn't read point a you are still ahead

So shut up and wait, actually scratch that because all the QQ is making laugh while I wait.

The store doesn't have to tell you. If you want to know, you have to ask. If you didn't ask and you didn't know, it's still not their fault. If you know otherwise, please link your law degree. Otherwise, get back in line and enjoy the line wait. Not like you have any choice anyway.

WRONG again, as with all preordered games, you get itno the game when preorders open, under no circumstances has there been any company to allow a select few players onto a server.So why on earth would i ask about it

That initself is wrong

Edited by cylak

That image means nothing

Your special, in the short bus kind of way :sul_embarrassed:

That image means nothing

LOL

Ok this is a hopeless argument...this guy is right, everyone else is wrong, despite insurmountable evidence to the contrary.

First /ignore of the "New and Improved Forums" you win a cookie. I'll give it to you once you finally get into EGA!!

lol your joking if your holding onto that as refering to, people who preorder first will be playing on a server first, and gaining a unfair advantage

That's right. The people who ordered first are going to get an advantage over you. They're going to win the game because you weren't chosen by bioware. That means you lose, you lose the internets. Your world is over.

--

Chained-Fei

Previously of "Xenosaga" forums

then you should have preordered it first, and that argument holds no water as well, if some one decides they was to play a game 3 months down the line, does that mean you get an unfair advantage?

the store doesn't have to tell you. If you want to know, you have to ask. If you didn't ask and you didn't know, it's still not their fault. If you know otherwise, please link your law degree. Otherwise, get back in line and enjoy the line wait. Not like you have any choice anyway.

qfe + qft

i have a 49 inch tv as a monitor for this game, unfair advantage?

people are always going to have an advantage, adapt or die

next argument

While I really DON'T CARE if I get in 5 days or 2 days EGA (I payed to get online on the 20th Dec, anything else is a bonus), I would've done things A BIT differently in BioWare's shoes.

1. Two separate queues. There are EU and NA servers. Since EU players will most likely play on EU servers (well at least 80% of them) and vice-versa, send waves to both EU and NA players in the order of their pre-order. That way you get more people in with an even more balanced load.

2. Continue the invites through the night when the load on the servers get light. Your objective shouldn't be LIGHT to NO population during Early Access. EGA is a bonus. What you want is STANDARD population across the board at launch (Dec 20th) which means you must give more people EGA since some will probably play the first 24 hours straight with no sleep. Then they still stay online the whole day but things go towards normal faster and you avoid server crowding at launch day.

During stress testing beta weekend the servers were full as in ...FULL. Yet never once did I stayed more than 10 minutes queueing.

Again, I pre-ordered on Dec something (i think at least) so I had no hopes of getting online 'till at least Dec 18th, so this is not a complain post, just an opinion. After all, not releasing any numbers or more detailed infos we can only guess, but even so, point no. 2 stays valid. Even in smaller numbers, waves should continue through the night...

Edited by Xilin