Why are a "select few" getting to play , when we purchased the same thing?

cylak

as title says.

Discrimination much?

add in the other problems, lvl issues , especially on pvp servers, economies ruined , players having clear advantages.I could go on and on, there are millions of problems with this staggered launch, its mindblowing that nobody in any of these companies didnt realize the problem this was going to create.

You will find alot of people no longer buy things from the companies assiocated with this game, i know that for a fact, because i already have friends who refuse to play anything EA has there name on, which is this, even though its star wars and they like it, they wont play due to EA, now, all i can say is WOW, way to go with this latest debarcle.

this is Coming from a very pissed of customer

What it is you dont get? The sooner you preordered and redeem your preorder code, the sooner you get early access. Its that simple.

Obviously you didnt preorder fast enough, and if you had, we wouldnt be laying eyes on this redicioulus thread, of how unfair EA/bioware are towards you and your friends.

Never in my 3 years on theese forums have I seen such a whiny thread.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To state on almost all your pre order sites if you where to buy this second that you have a 'chance' of getting in on the 15th. When at the current rate and from what bioware have said there is ZERO/NO chance if u order today to get in on the 15th, then yes thats mis information. Im not qq'ing im not really upset. I just think these fanboys could at least admit that to still state u "could" get in by the 15th for anyone ordering now is kinda mis leading....

If I run a store and put a nice lcd tv on for $1000 but say you have a "chance" of getting 10%-50% off. But I KNEW FOR A FACT I only would give 10% off, thats mis information

bump

The only answer that Cylak will settle for is this...

"Because we're better than you..."

He's just looking for confirmation of his perception, however skewed it may be.

Actually, that is the only correct assumption he has made till now. We are MUCH better than him in many fields, including 'reading comprehension'

Simple fact is, you purchase a product, and you expect that product to be the exact same as bob or pete have purchased, if it was going to be different in anyway, they should have made people aware of this PRIOR, and take note, PRIOR to purchsing it.

Again they are misleading people into purchasing a product to get sales, and not providing what the person has payed for.

Cylak was a nice troll once.

But the he took an arrow in the knee.

Simple fact is, you purchase a product, and you expect that product to be the exact same as bob or pete have purchased, if it was going to be different in anyway, they should have made people aware of this PRIOR, and take note, PRIOR to purchsing it.

Again they are misleading people into purchasing a product to get sales, and not providing what the person has payed for.

*purchasing

*paid.

dont quit your day job, unless your day job is a song writer, in that case, quit your day job now :D

haha, yeah ^^ basicly its a swedish childrens song used much in kindergardens when I was young. its lots nicer in swedish tho. I cant believe how people can take this gaming thing so seriously, so thought there was time for a little timeout and pick up the secret weapon, the chilly night-song! might calm the kids, you never know :D

not at anytime was it made known to a person who went online to amazon and purchased it, not at any point was i MADE aware of this biased system that creates an unfair environment, on a game i payed the exact money for, and the exact product, a PREORDER.

Your fault if you order a game without having looked into it. "Buyer beware" is a well known phrase, it means make sure you know what you are paying for and that you actually want it.

If you had looked it would not have been hard to find. The fault is your own for not researching before purchasing.

As i stated earlier, the game was purchased at amazon ONLINE, i will have the box once its shipped to me.

That aside, at no point was i made aware and it does not state on the box, that"people who purchase preorders first will be playing on the servers first, thus giving them an advantage on a game you have payed the exact money for, and a product that is a preorder, thats exact to theres."

At no point have you proven that it needed to say that, since what it did say has been provided to you.

You don't spend much time on game forums, do you?

To OP, I preordered 5 minutes after preorders went live because EVERYONE KNEW that the sooner your redeemed the code, the sooner you got in early access

EVERYONE except you

Oh, I do, but this one is special. So special I'm going to use this thread to finally convince my wife that having kids is a bad idea.

... lets have a little imaginary game of 'what would you do'

Imagine you have a ton of crates full with bananas and 50 papuans to feed for five days.

... do you tell them to wait and keep checking their innuit hut for bannanas

OR

do you tell them when to expect bannanas?

I know what i'd do if I didnt want 50 angry papuans in front of my banana warehouse

is killing them with my thermal detonator an option?? and do Papuans have fur? if they do i would kill them, sell their fur and eat the bananas

They send you a email after , read this, AFTER you have payed the money

Note the after part

umm no they don't! I have NOT been charged yet but i received this dated 21 July 2011 from AMAZON:

Thank you for pre-ordering Star Wars: The Old Republic from Amazon.co.uk. We've teamed up with EA to offer you a code to receive early access and a colour stone. Please find your code along with redemption instructions below.

Code =

To redeem your code, please follow these instructions:

1. Go to http://www.swtor.com/preorder/code

2. Click “Register your pre-order” (You will be prompted to log in or create a Star Wars: The Old Republic account if needed) 3. Enter and Confirm your pre-order code when prompted 4. Complete Registration 5. You will be notified by email of your early access time at a later date

Order Id reference:

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

I like trolls as much as the next person; however, Cylak... you've disappointed me :(

You've just repeated yourself and come up with nothing new and stupid for me to laugh at; therefore, I bid you ado.

In no way am i trying to troll

what i want is what i payed for, and at the moment i am not getting that, i payed for a PREORDER , which was the same money and same product as those who are currently online are.

Which is not what i am getting, i have been scammed, which is against the law

The unfair advantage argument is fallacious.

I have seen new servers open up in other MMOs months after launch and it is not very long before the "elite" players on the new servers have caught up "competitively" with the older server’s elite players and then transfer. I have seen economies temporally borked by exploits, yet they recover much quicker than you may think.

If this “advantage” of playing before others was so catastrophic, no one would ever bother joining an MMO other than at launch time.

That is exactly right. People who are refusing to see the reality of how MMO's actually work are simply trapped by their blind sense of self importance.

"The server won't work right unless I'm there". Oh really? ha ha

I'm fairly certain that anyone making these incredibly stupid cases were never in beta. I had my character wiped how many times? In each build the game went right back to normal without a hitch.

hey cylak how about you realize what you preordered and what your preorder got you instead of crying on your little soap box going waaah poor me

with preorder you get early game access up to 5 days(plus 2 extra days cuz bioware is cool)........BASED ON WHEN YOU REGISTER YOUR PREORDER CODE, first come first serve in the staggered launch. just because you cant read doesnt mean someone lied to you.

it was fun playing today maybe you can play tomorrow.

Edited by gtftintin

Cylak was a nice troll once.

But the he took an arrow in the knee.

Normally, I'm really annoyed by that meme. But somehow it just works really well in this case.

I almost hope that I create a character on Cylak's server. I mean, can you imagine how much fun General Chat would be? Or the Trade Channel! Good times!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cylak

not at anytime was it made known to a person who went online to amazon and purchased it, not at any point was i MADE aware of this biased system that creates an unfair environment, on a game i payed the exact money for, and the exact product, a PREORDER.

------------------------------

I dunno... maybe Amazon did tell you correctly ahead of time. With as difficult a time as you have had getting what people are telling you here after many repeated attempts, can you be sure that they didn't "make you aware" ahead of time?

Edited by Tullowit

haha, yeah ^^ basicly its a swedish childrens song used much in kindergardens when I was young. its lots nicer in swedish tho. I cant believe how people can take this gaming thing so seriously, so thought there was time for a little timeout and pick up the secret weapon, the chilly night-song! might calm the kids, you never know :D

thanks for clarifying, i really thought that was an ill attempt to song writing.:D