Why are a "select few" getting to play , when we purchased the same thing?

cylak

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say they're doing what businesses call a "soft opening". This will prevent the beginner areas from crashing nearly all the time, due to the massive amounts of people that will be flooding the servers for the first month/or two.

It's smart. Staggering out your customers to prevent misunderstandings and general mob mentality due to agoraphobia has been done by malls/retail stores/bars/themeparks/blah blah blah. You're surprised that a game that is built around Massively Manned Online matrices is doing it too?

Just be calm. You should be ecstatic that they're allowing you to play even a minute early to begin with. For those that ordered CE's, would it not make sense for EA to curry to their favor as much as possible, as well? Also, folks that have pre-ordered since before midyear this past year, too?

Learn to queue, mate. It's what democracy is AAAAALLLLLL about.

I am a little anoyed about how things hoe will most likely end up .

If you figure they will get 2 months in tomorrow. Then everyone that register late is F'ed, however waves is a good way to ensure things go well. I just feel that it should be based on who is paying EA more CE,DE then the rest. It's truely the most honorable way and speaks the language of the world $$$$$ . It is not right to say that just because someone put their code in first get's em in first when you have different purchase options .

Yes, because that would be easily recognized as fair and there'd be no argument about that, right. Why don't you just charge $500 bucks for early access? What you are saying is, I think I should get in first, so let me arbitrarily create a system that I think will favor me instead. Nice.

WRONG

not all people go to websites, or need to go to websites regarding games they are playing,we shouldnt have to.

You had to go to the website to create your account and register your pre-order. The fact that you don't want to read the information on the website is your problem, not BW's.

WRONG

not all people go to websites, or need to go to websites regarding games they are playing,we shouldnt have to.

Then blame your retailer because the developer gave amble possibility for the information.

It is *always* your task to find the information you need. It does not magically just appear in front of you.

Seriously, it makes me sad that people are this stressed out and anxious and rage etc. etc (negative emotions) over something material like a video game. It's meant to be fun and seeing this many people displaying extreme emotion over something trivial is very unsettling.

I always thought of gaming as a way to unwind and have fun not the opposite. People should not feel like they have to react this way, especially since it will all most likely be moot in a few days. I guess most of them will find something new to fester over once this is in the past.

Edited by Anthemius

OR be smart and not start a stupid mess by releasing an inaccurate time table.

The whole launch is already a horrid mess, I can't imagine talking to your customers so they feel like they aren't being ignored could possibly make things worse. I mean if the nerd rage levels really increased in here, which I'm not so sure is even possible, at least they tried putting water on the fire instead of just waiting for it to burn itself out.

I mean just do something, send an apology, give away a neat in-game item to people who only get a day or two of early access, I don't care anything would be better than what they are doing now, just do something!

Let's see, the pre-order said that you would get early access based on when you pre-purchased the game. And what part of that can you not comprehend? I read it an understood it. No biggie here.

Someone who can read, I like this guy already. You should all attempt to emulate him and/or turn ths anger inwards that you didn't preoorder in the first month it was available.

IT HAS BEEN ADVERTISED THIS WAY. I hope you are not of voting age.

It has not

Not on the packaging , nor the suppliers, not at any stage was i told the people who preordered first would get to play first.

this is MISREPRESENTATION, if you think otherwise your a joke.

If they told us ahead of time that the EGA would depend on how early you pre ordered we all would have pre ordered on time, they have no been specific at all on a lot of significant aspects of this game going live, very frustrating

Nice, jump into the converstation and obviously not read one single page. Trust us, they told us ahead of time. Go back and read this thread.

It has not

Not on the packaging , nor the suppliers, not at any stage was i told the people who preordered first would get to play first.

You have to visit the website to redeem your code to get Early Access, so yes, you had to have seen.

You are an idiot. I hope this ordeal sends you back to WoW.

Nice, jump into the converstation and obviously not read one single page. Trust us, they told us ahead of time. Go back and read this thread.

They did not

this is misrepresentation

its that simple, for anyone who did not go onto the website, we were not aware of this unfair rubbish

no its people getting an advantage , which they should not be getting, we all purchased a PREORDER , why in the hell are people playing and some are not?

You mean:

"Why is everyone playing but me?"

/nerdrage

There, I fixed it for ya :D

The whole launch is already a horrid mess, I can't imagine talking to your customers so they feel like they aren't being ignored could possibly make things worse. I mean if the nerd rage levels really increased in here, which I'm not so sure is even possible, at least they tried putting water on the fire instead of just waiting for it to burn itself out.

I mean just do something, send an apology, give away a neat in-game item to people who only get a day or two of early access, I don't care anything would be better than what they are doing now, just do something!

Apologize for what? Doing exactly what they said they were going to do? Man, people really are self-entitled nowadays. It's a mess to YOU because you didn't sign up early enough to get in today. Big deal. Me neither. Difference is I can look at this rationally and not try to place the blame on anyone but myself. I knew how the system worked and I missed the bus. MY FAULT. Jeez, HOW HARD IS THAT TO DO? Take ownership of your decisions and their consequences.

It has not

That information has been on the website, in FAQs and in web posts. If you failed to find it, you have no one to blame but yourself. And if nothing else, the fact that so many other folks here know about the pre-order thing should be proof enough that you just missed the info.