Everyone Needs to look at the long term, NOT the short term

Warriorraider

Ok so I have no idea why I am posting this cause I have seen the forums now become a bad community already. However, I need to do my rant cause I KNOW there are others like me who feel the same way.

The whole thing of people rushing to 50 and doing PvP and End Game Content and QQing that there is nothing for them, NEEDS TO STOP! Ok this game is like any other mmo. It will not have TONS of content cause they wish to fix bugs first and then ADD the content in HUGE patches or expansions which I know they will add expansions (i.e. Space Expansion ). If you people want your good for nothing end game content, go back to WoW. And I'm talking about the WoW TODAY. Not vanilla WoW. Vanilla WoW had the same problems as this game when it was released years ago. Honestly, mmos are NEVER perfect. If people think they are going to get a perfect mmo anytime they try one, lol, then you need to wake up and smell the roses. Bioware wants this game to survive the long term, NOT the short term. If bioware caters to the like low percentage of HARDCORE gamers in SW:TOR, the game will fall apart I assure you. I would bet over 75% of the people on this game are casual players and have lives to live. That being said, this game is better suited for those people cause they want to enjoy it.

In conclusion to my incessant rant, I will not give up on this game. No I am not a fanboy, but a person who wants a game to finally succeed. Unlike games like AoC, WAR, STO, etc. If you want the game to succeed, give feedback on errors, bugs and issues in the game. NOT issues with "This game stinks cause not many 50s here to do end game and not much end game content". BOO HOO! Cry me a river. It will improve in time. Please Bioware close the forums to the idiots who want content added before bugs are fixed and the game is balanced. The cess pool needs to end.

/applause

I completely agree op... And planned on posting a constructive/positive bug lists... There are definitely some things to iron out in game but its no different than any other game and for me there are no game breaking bugs... A few annoying ones... But ill continue to support the game and the community so it grows...

I have noticed that the majority of rant posts come from people who say they have nothing to rant about and people need to stop ranting...and the only people showing level heads are those posting about want bugs fixed, workarounds to be able to play the game or better communication from Bioware about issues.

Truly this forum IS flooded with wowkiddies and its not the ones complaining about the game.

I have noticed that the majority of rant posts come from people who say they have nothing to rant about and people need to stop ranting...and the only people showing level heads are those posting about want bugs fixed, workarounds to be able to play the game or better communication from Bioware about issues.

Truly this forum IS flooded with wowkiddies and its not the ones complaining about the game.

Oh Dw. I have like sent tickets in about many bugs I have seen already. Some have been already sent by others, but nevertheless more people who send tickets in of the same bug, the faster it gets fixed.

So your post addresses the problem with high level content. What about all the other problems?

I'm just trying to state that most of the posts I have seen are of hardcore gamers caring more about content then bugs being fixed. There are MANY problems that need looked over, however the people doing PvP and raiding already want the content more than bugs being checked over.

Oh, and I'm glad you mentioned STO, because I think there are parallels there. STO was a horribly unpolished half-baked game upon release. Many people subbed, then promptly quit. In the long term, they did a ton of revamps and now it's actually a pretty fun and compelling game. But they still lost all their subs, and are now forced to go f2p (this month actually, iirc).

There is too much competition in the MMO sphere to release unfinished, broken games. People go elsewhere, and the seldom actually come back.

Edited by BluePlatypus

Oh, and I'm glad you mentioned STO, because I think there are parallels there. STO was a horribly unpolished half-baked game upon release. Many people subbed, then promptly quit. In the long term, they did a ton of revamps and now it's actually a pretty fun and compelling game. But they still lost all their subs, and are now forced to go f2p (this month actually, iirc).

There is too much competition in the MMO sphere to release unfinished, broken games.

I totally agree. STO has become better over the years as well as AoC. But, as you said the damage has been done which is sad.

Why dont you ignore what other people are doing and focus on your own game.

At the end of the day, what people do and say has nothing to do with you.

No you are right, however, what they say and if Bioware listens to them will impact me in what I play on the game. I am enjoying it, even though there are bugs. If more content is added, MORE bugs will be present. THAT is what I am trying to say.

A new car that comes out today has to compete with the other cars available today. Not models from 5+ years ago.

TOR is a little short on creature comforts right now... the quality of life features that we've come to expect. Even though this seems intangible, I believe it's one of the most important improvements BioWare can make to the game right now.

TOR is very solid and had a solid launch. But it needs to feel less "vanilla" as soon as possible.

A new car that comes out today has to compete with the other cars available today. Not models from 5+ years ago.

TOR is a little short on creature comforts right now... the quality of life features that we've come to expect. Even though this seems intangible, I believe it's one of the most important improvements BioWare can make to the game right now.

TOR is very solid and had a solid launch. But it needs to feel less "vanilla" as soon as possible.

I give it a month and it won't be vanilla much longer. As stated in the one interview, in 2 months Bioware is doing a BIG update. It won't be vanilla for much longer.

EDIT: Here again the BIG update is going to HOPEFULLY fix a ton of bugs in the game AND hopefully fix the UI issue which most people are getting tired of.

Edited by Warriorraider

BAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahaha

Ok this game is like any other mmo. It will not have TONS of content cause they wish to fix bugs first and then ADD the content in HUGE patches or expansions which I know they will add expansions (i.e. Space Expansion ).

See, here's the thing. I'm not a fan of WoW. I played it for 15 minutes on a trial and found it intensely annoying. Haven't touched it since. Haven't looked at it since. I had to ask on the forums what the "panda" references were about because I don't keep up-to-date on WoW. (Also, really? Panda people? Honest to gods. What's next, a race of offensive Uncle Remus steroeotypes? Oh, wait. Jar-Jar. Nevermind.)

I'm not one of the silly people who raced to level 50. I'm level 15. I have one active toon.

All of that said, here's the long and short of it: this game was nowhere near ready to release, but they did it anyway to get the holiday sales cash. Now we're all suffering for it.

The game is riddled with bugs, some of which are game-breaking, and we are expected to pay no less than 60 bucks to buy the game, and then a monthly subscription fee on top of that - just in order to be beta testers.

And referencing WoW's foibles upon release is not a good move - because it means that Bioware and any other game developer that releases a game in this state ("Star Trek Online," anyone?) were facing one of two scenarios:

1: The Bad Scenario - They simply were too stupid to learn from the mistakes of WoW's launch almost what, seven years ago?

2: The WORST Scenario - They simply didn't care and figured, "Look, it's Star Wars. The rabid, fanatical, blindingly loyal fans of the franchise will pay no matter what state we release in; so let's release it before it's ready and cash in on their loyalty."

So don't give up on the game. I applaud you for that.

But you should in turn be applauding the people who want a game that was ready so they can be paying customers, and that do not want to be paying beta testers, and are willing to pay for it.

Because right now, that's what every single one of us is. A beta tester that's paying the developer to test a game that wasn't ready.

That's my opinion. You can agree with it or not. But it's a perfectly valid train of thought.

Edited by Stelakh

I totally agree. STO has become better over the years as well as AoC. But, as you said the damage has been done which is sad.

STO has been out for 2 years, lost almost all its sub base apart from Lifers, Lost all its major staff members and has been sold to Perfect world and is going F2P.

I take it you all know about Light sabers being added to STo, handed out by a Green ferengi who looks like Yoda. Im not j/king

Edited by Kanharn

Why dont you ignore what other people are doing and focus on your own game.

At the end of the day, what people do and say has nothing to do with you.

It does, though, in an MMO. Lack of population kills certain aspects of gameplay very effectively. This is why so many people who play MMOs pay close attention to where the community is going: very few people want to be marooned in a niche MMO with a small population.

It does, though, in an MMO. Lack of population kills certain aspects of gameplay very effectively. This is why so many people who play MMOs pay close attention to where the community is going: very few people want to be marooned in a niche MMO with a small population.

I'm not talking about Direction of the game or Feedback, I'm talking about getting mad over other peoples actions.

Its just not worth the time.

BAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahaha

See, here's the thing. I'm not a fan of WoW. I played it for 15 minutes on a trial and found it intensely annoying. Haven't touched it since. Haven't looked at it since. I had to ask on the forums what the "panda" references were about because I don't keep up-to-date on WoW. (Also, really? Panda people? Honest to gods. What's next, a race of offensive Uncle Remus steroeotypes? Oh, wait. Jar-Jar. Nevermind.)

I'm not one of the silly people who raced to level 50. I'm level 15. I have one active toon.

All of that said, here's the long and short of it: this game was nowhere near ready to release, but they did it anyway to get the holiday sales cash. Now we're all suffering for it.

The game is riddled with bugs, some of which are game-breaking, and we are expected to pay no less than 60 bucks to buy the game, and then a monthly subscription fee on top of that - just in order to be beta testers.

And referencing WoW's foibles upon release is not a good move - because it means that Bioware and any other game developer that releases a game in this state ("Star Trek Online," anyone?) were facing one of two scenarios:

1: The Bad Scenario - They simply were too stupid to learn from the mistakes of WoW's launch almost what, seven years ago?

2: The WORST Scenario - They simply didn't care and figured, "Look, it's Star Wars. The rabid, fanatical, blindingly loyal fans of the franchise will pay no matter what state we release in; so let's release it before it's ready and cash in on their loyalty."

So don't give up on the game. I applaud you for that.

But you should in turn be applauding the people who what a game that was ready so they can be paying customers, and that do not want to be paying beta testers.

Because right now, that's what every single one of us is. A beta tester that's paying the developer to test a game that wasn't ready.

That's my opinion. You can agree with it or not. But it's a perfectly valid train of thought.

I must say that whole post was very intelligent. I applaud you for that. I will agree to the fact that yes it was like 5 or how many years in the making and they SHOULD'VE done their research from past mmos. Even do research on what SUCCEEDED in each of those mmos.

You are also right about if you are the paying customer, you should get what you payed for. However, from their PoV, they want the customer to enjoy their game for the long run. Not just give up on it like in 2 days. I know it sounds stupid, but that's what they hope for.

I'm not talking about Direction of the game or Feedback, I'm talking about getting mad over other peoples actions.

Its just not worth the time.

I'm not trying to. It's their game that is true. But they must be mindful of the other MILLIONS of people that are also playing the game. One person getting what they want may ruin it for the other MILLION people that like it already.

EDIT: And I am not trying to say I want it the way I like. The game has to be liked by all and it is hard for that to happen by any game developer.

Edited by Warriorraider

This is the MMO World.

Games live or die by the first month. It's just the way it is.

Besides...keep it real. Regardless of whether the statements from people are constructive or conducive or not, for some people, Anything said against the game is a reason to attack the same way some just want to down it.

If they ban the 'idiots' who complain, then ban the 'Smithers' who kiss up and can't handle anything other than praise. Works both ways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.