The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

From Fanboy to Unsub

Joejoegadget

I was a dealership automotive technician for 10 years - I know a few things about cars. Not saying I am an expert, but I'm no stranger to the equipment under the hood or dash of a car.

Yes, a car will roll without an engine. Due to friction though, it will not roll very far on a level surface.

I didn't say it was okay. I said they were minor bugs. I've experienced bugs with the focus bar/modifier system. There's a bug that happens between the mouse and clicking on UI elements. There's the green bleedover from graphic effects on a few planets where a specific doodad is used. Kolto healing animation sometimes stays on characters. Companions appear to animate as "dead" then leap up, use an ability and fall back over and animate dead again at times.

They are minor.

I have my own gripes too. I can nearly demand click casting as I have found that I hate healing with the UI tools I currently have. I hate that my nameplates aren't highlighted when a debuff I can remove is present. I'd like some power aura type effects to tell me when my procs are available so I don't have to focus down on a small buff icon bar.

Still - they are minor. They'll be fixed. They'll be addressed. I had no problem, even with the current bugs, at signing up for a 6 month sub and I've been playing the game since day 3 of early access.

Thank you. This is the real reason I took the comparison so far. You bit to it initially and I wanted to get a true, well thought out response instead of it being who is right, wrong, or made the best comparison.

Improving the game is about working together. Not, berating people (or the game).

Also, I'm sorry my example had to be you. I just had a feeling based on your responses that you were likely to produce an elaborate post with your own thoughts/concerns/feelings. :)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huttball is so silly

it's really just EA Games putting a ball game in the world cause that's what EA does best is make sports games...

next expansion John Madden will be narrating and doing the voice acting as you play Huttball

bioware makes a cooperative role play game and EA's like OH YEA DONT FORGET TO MAKE A BALL GAME!

EA Sports, it's in the game!

They're massively uninformative. The 'known issues' thread acknowledges just 10 bugs. I've seen far, far more than 10 bugs.

and then if they post about every single bug, the forums will light up with "so you can post about em but not fix em?"

All im saying is they are putting in obvious effort on a game that already launched more smooth than pretty much any mmo ever. only one I know of that can compare was rift. What may comfort you they may not deem necessary at this time. they have addressed some of the major issues already for the game as in ability delay and queues by making posts about em. Id say the communication is definitely there. you want to see bad communication just go to a SOE game. To really judge how communication is is kinda unfair as everyones opinions are different. I dont need them to tell me every problem they see, just to fix em.

lol sure dude, if you say so. most of my experience has been people enjoying the game but you know what the community is saying as a whole especially since you found a video it has to be the truth amirite????

Find me 3 threads that don't respond to criticism with

-Go back to WoW

-It's just released, give it some time

-Every MMO has bugs

Just because you say it is "unfinished" doesn't mean it is. At launch SWTOR is the most "finished" game there is.

Are you high? I've been in quite a lot of 'intial release' MMOs. This isn't the 'most finished' for an MMO, never mind 'video game.'

For example, this game appears to have alpha-test level emitter bugs. Things that could have been corrected before beta because they can cause video crashes. And they could have been corrected easily by simply removing the problem from the resource.

It takes 15-minutes: You take the model, make a back-up, then open it up, remove the broken emitter, and save the model. Send it off to QC for approval and you're friggin done with the bug. Instead we have green threads and planes and artifacts all-over the place because nobody could be bothered to fix the emitter.

Later you can put the emitters back on when you figure out what you've done wrong.

And the resource nodes. Those are fundamental and need to work (and not break) to the point where there are virutally no working nodes in some parts of Corusant. Except for the droids that weren't properly dropping materials in '0.0 droid space' in Eve:Online, I can't think of a single MMO I've ever played that had so many non-funcitonal resource nodes.

And the broken quests. There are quite a few quests you do everything and yet they don't record your success. Some can be repeated time-and-time again and, eventually, after completing them four or five times, you'll get lucky and get a completion. Others... They still don't work...

So... I just have no idea how you think this game is the 'most "finished" game.'

and then if they post about every single bug, the forums will light up with "so you can post about em but not fix em?"

All im saying is they are putting in obvious effort on a game that already launched more smooth than pretty much any mmo ever. only one I know of that can compare was rift. What may comfort you they may not deem necessary at this time. they have addressed some of the major issues already for the game as in ability delay and queues by making posts about em. Id say the communication is definitely there. you want to see bad communication just go to a SOE game. To really judge how communication is is kinda unfair as everyones opinions are different. I dont need them to tell me every problem they see, just to fix em.

So about my credits I lost that I mailed to an alt and never got a reply, droid, or my credits refunded?

Huttball is so silly

it's really just EA Games putting a ball game in the world cause that's what EA does best is make sports games...

next expansion John Madden will be narrating and doing the voice acting as you play Huttball

bioware makes a cooperative role play game and EA's like OH YEA DONT FORGET TO MAKE A BALL GAME!

EA Sports, it's in the game!

I wouldn't say that is why the game is in there. In my line of thinking; it is an example of them trying to take a lesson from past games. Many people didn't like queues that existed in waiting for PvP before and this was their solution.

However, it just wasn't implemented with the best of ways since that is what tends to pop for people most often. This can be corrected if they put enough time into thinking of a way to do so.

I wouldn't say that is why the game is in there. In my line of thinking; it is an example of them trying to take a lesson from past games. Many people didn't like queues that existed in waiting for PvP before and this was their solution.

However, it just wasn't implemented with the best of ways since that is what tends to pop for people most often. This can be corrected if they put enough time into thinking of a way to do so.

A free for all death match to see who can rack up the most kills would have been better.

I recently unsubscribed to TOR. I'm posting this here so other potential TOR buyers can get a non-fanboy review.

The problem with this post, without reading past the above sentence (which I actually have) is that anyone on these forums has had to have already purchased the game, so it's kind of a moot point to "post here so other POTENTIAL buyers can get a non-fanboy review." You are defeating your so-called purpose here.

Move Along.

Before I played TOR, I played WoW. And, I know many of you are going to tell me to go back to WoW, and I'm going to. I paid $60 for SW:TOR. The same price I pay for Single Player Xbox 360 or PC games. And the single player experience was amazing. Probably one of the best Single Player experiences I've ever had. However, If I'm going to pay $15 a month for an MMO, I want to pay for the BEST MMO available at this time.

If you find killing the last boss of brand new content that took six months to create in less a week "the BEST MMO available," then standing around in Org for hours a better way to spend $15/more, I guess it's your money to waste.

Have fun playing polished pokemon with your panda.

A free for all death match to see who can rack up the most kills would have been better.

True, I agree. But even wording it in that way is better than just bashing what you don't like. You're stating how you would rather see it. This is something that devs who read this forum can take into account. But just saying that you dislike it accomplishes nothing for bettering the game down the road.

Find me 3 threads that don't respond to criticism with

-Go back to WoW

-It's just released, give it some time

-Every MMO has bugs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=122832

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=122811

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=125304

thats just from the sith warrior section. then again most of my experience with the community was from within the game as thats what matters. Forums typically take up 5% of the overall population, but either way theres 3 threads for you. enjoy:cool:

Edited by mcburly

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=122832

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=122811

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=125304

thats just from the sith warrior section. then again most of my experience with the community was from within the game as thats what matters. Forums typically take up 5% of the overall population, but either way theres 3 threads for you. enjoy:cool:

Can..

Can you read?

I was talking about criticism to the game itself, not discussing the game, you fool.

Does the game have bugs? Yes.

Are the bugs gamebreaking for me? Nope, not by a long shot and not for my friends either playing this game.

I don't understand either side of this debate really. One side hates it so much that you have venom dripping after every post. Then you have the jolly fanboys who would play this game regardless.

Those who simply cannot tolerate the current bugs, just unsubscribe, leave your feedback (but not through forums pleaaaaaase.. or is there not any other way?).

Those who enjoy the game, keep on subscribing and recommend it to your friends.

Happy gaming to you all!

If you find killing the last boss of brand new content that took six months to create in less a week "the BEST MMO available," then standing around in Org for hours a better way to spend $15/more, I guess it's your money to waste.

Have fun playing polished pokemon with your panda.

Oh snap, I ain't letting this go.

Most of the content isn't finished for a while. The Lich king took a while to go down, and it took months to clear any content in BC/vanilla.

Nearly none of it is done in the first week.

SWtoR's content is all finished. All of it.

Have fun playing unpolished Star Fox with your "Dark HEAL"

Oh God OP really?

Anyone who is 50 already and claims they did not "rush" to end game is lying.

There is no grey area, its black and white.

Seriously get a dog or something.....

Do you know what a HARDCORE is? It is someone who either loves MMOs or simply has lots of time to play them. No one had to rush to be 50. I would be 50 right now but im bored to death and not lvling.